Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
ambient lighting

JUST RAMBLING A LITTLE__________Im sort of in a dilemna. I finally thought i had my color scheme set and i decided on the red jewel tint coat with either grey racing stripes or the hockey sticks. BUT i really want the ambient lighting, and for some reason chevy is only comin out with blue or orange. Now, I'm not really an orange car kind of guy so orange is out, and so i gotta stick a color that doesnt look bad with blue if i want the ambient lighting. Black, living in az, is out of the question, and i already had a similar color in a blue mettalic cavalier when i was younger. So, it seems like im stuck not being able to get the ambient lighting, due to the fact chevy decided to only come out with two colors. Any ideas?
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
there will soon be gmpp/aftermarket parts to change the color to whatever you like--atleast this is what I understand...something like LED is not going to be hard to replace or change.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
kozzmo49

are we sure about that? I dont mean to question you, just dont wanna spend money on the option if im never gonna be able to turn it on u kno?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo49 View Post
JUST RAMBLING A LITTLE__________Im sort of in a dilemna. I finally thought i had my color scheme set and i decided on the red jewel tint coat with either grey racing stripes or the hockey sticks. BUT i really want the ambient lighting, and for some reason chevy is only comin out with blue or orange. Now, I'm not really an orange car kind of guy so orange is out, and so i gotta stick a color that doesnt look bad with blue if i want the ambient lighting. Black, living in az, is out of the question, and i already had a similar color in a blue mettalic cavalier when i was younger. So, it seems like im stuck not being able to get the ambient lighting, due to the fact chevy decided to only come out with two colors. Any ideas?
The ambient lighting looks good no matter what exterior color you get! (think about the IP lighting in most cars -- you can't change it -- yet people never really think about it.....)

The ice blue looks fantastic!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
are we sure about that? I dont mean to question you, just dont wanna spend money on the option if im never gonna be able to turn it on u kno?
it seems like a good option, but im in the same boat as you... i dont know what color i want, but the ambient is playing a role.

right now im down to Orange/Cyber Gray/or Imperial Blue
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
ljustin293

I say pick one that will work with anycolor...that way if down the road you never change it...it won't just look wierd...you know what I mean?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
kozzmo49

yea i kno what you mean, i mean orange lighting goes with orange and silver basically, i guess black too. And the blue goes with silver, blue, black and thats about it. I dont want silver or black lol and i like the blue but like i said i had a blue chevy car for a while and want a change. So i dont kno, if i kno that the lighting will be able to be changed then ill get it, if not i might just have to not get the option.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
ljustin293

i have a feeling that since it seems that the dash(rpm/mph backlight) are in blue, so the ambient blue lighting will be fine with whatever color. I am getting red outside and will have to start with blue ambient lighting...but I hope I can soon change it to red
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
justin thats gonna be murder on the eyes at night, even though im sure you have heard that before lol.

and as for you kozzmo, well it's only an led light strip. the things are pretty cheap as it is so i would say all you would really need to do is buy another one with the color you want. take the one that's in out and put the new one in. im sure it would be very simple.. so simple someone like me with no car modding ability would be able to do ourselves. but if i was going to get it changed i would have someone else do it.. and as for the color i always kinda thought that i light whitish blue would be cool. and as for your interior get the titanium gray one. it would work with some colors and if you got a grey exterior would look good.

just my 2 cents
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
yea i kno what you mean, i mean orange lighting goes with orange and silver basically, i guess black too. And the blue goes with silver, blue, black and thats about it. I dont want silver or black lol and i like the blue but like i said i had a blue chevy car for a while and want a change. So i dont kno, if i kno that the lighting will be able to be changed then ill get it, if not i might just have to not get the option.
The orange only comes with the Orange Accent interior -- all other interiors have the Ice Blue lighting.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #11
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
what would go good with cyber gray hmmmm

red ambient lighting
Old 09-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #12
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
i have a feeling that since it seems that the dash(rpm/mph backlight) are in blue, so the ambient blue lighting will be fine with whatever color. I am getting red outside and will have to start with blue ambient lighting...but I hope I can soon change it to red
Same here. That'll be great if we can easily change the ambient color. I think the blue will look great, but I'm thinking Darth Vader red for my Darth Vader black 'maro with twin red stripes; haha.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #13
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
i would love to change mine to pink i will be perfectly happy with blue though.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #14
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
i would love to change mine to pink i will be perfectly happy with blue though.
On ebay you can get 4 pc pink LED interior kit.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote