Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #29
NJ-ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Again with the names. Since there's an invite, I may pay you a visit...I go to the east coast annually. I did not ask for your address: as stated, last year a member asked where you live...i.e. TOWN. I can't believe you actually, truthfully posted your address on the internet. What's next: phone number, ss, account #'s?

And, again, I asked to see that steering wheel in your Z.

At the end of the day, I don't give a frickin' whodunnit about you. You cannot address the simplest of requests. I have replaced a lot of parts (headers, exhaust, tb, pullies, etc.) on my Z, and I tossed them.

Could you please inform us, all of us (on this board, and the internet world as a whole), why it is that those in "Asia" (the whole continent, apparently) can, and will do it "much cheaper and better than anyone in the US." That's all I'm interested in from you. That is the genesis of this conversation, that is my original post in this thread. Can you please, Batman, riddle me that?
You really are butt hurt that someone can do it cheaper than you or your buddies can. WOW. You should lower your prices and stop ripping people off.
If youre so interested in not getting ripped off for $1000+ should look elsewhere ebay is an easy app to use.

When you here tell security that you're the asshole from camaro5. They will let you in.
NJ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #30
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
I think in the steering wheel subtlety isn’t a bad look. Top and bottom half and then rest wrapped in alcantera is a nice touch. Then it keeps from having to clean the alcantera so much. Seeing how your hands are usually on top or bottom of the steering wheel when driving. I like the above pic minus the red line.
Maybe if you just doing regular street driving. On the track it's 3 & 6 o'clock locations....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #31
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Maybe if you just doing regular street driving. On the track it's 3 & 6 o'clock locations....
I was speaking to what I would like. So yes I don’t race mine.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:45 PM   #32
Coop[580

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-ZL1 View Post
I sent mine to Asia and had it done much cheaper and better than anyone in the US.
Name of company?
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Old 03-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #33
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Here is one from Ebay, but they want 1k for it. It even comes with a shit knob, literally.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Camaro...gAAOSwx3VeHKFd

I've bought tons of stuff from Asia over the years and the vast majority of it does not meet the quality standards of products made in Mexico. The one thing they do make very well is clothes, but I find Singapore still beats China and India for quality in that area.

As I have gotten older and my time has gotten more valuable, I find I have to buy more and more products made in the U.S, Italy, Germany, etc. because I don't have the time do things twice.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #34
Coop[580

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Here is one from Ebay, but they want 1k for it. It even comes with a shit knob, literally.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Camaro...gAAOSwx3VeHKFd

I've bought tons of stuff from Asia over the years and the vast majority of it does not meet the quality standards of products made in Mexico. The one thing they do make very well is clothes, but I find Singapore still beats China and India for quality in that area.

As I have gotten older and my time has gotten more valuable, I find I have to buy more and more products made in the U.S, Italy, Germany, etc. because I don't have the time do things twice.

I agree. Just trying to see if the guy wanting to say how great the steering wheel from ASIA is will tell us what company it is. But he won’t. Just trying to sell stuff that’s garbage.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Old 03-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #35
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Mine was $675 shipped and -$100 for my stock wheel so $575 in the end. Made in America, excellent customer service, incredible craftsmanship and didn’t have to ship internationally.

SC Garage Works FTW.

https://scgarageworks.com/product/20...teering-wheel/
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:34 PM   #36
Coop[580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodown View Post
Mine was $675 shipped and -$100 for my stock wheel so $575 in the end. Made in America, excellent customer service, incredible craftsmanship and didn’t have to ship internationally.

SC Garage Works FTW.

https://scgarageworks.com/product/20...teering-wheel/
Yeah they seem to be the most popular. And most likely where I’ll
Get mine from.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Old 03-03-2021, 01:59 AM   #37
Annatar

Drives: ZL1 six speed manual
Quote:
I want to share a security and privacy incident which happened to me yesterday and concerns "PayPal" and "SoCal garage".

My ZL1 is loaded with all the options. This includes the suede steering wheel and shift knob option, so out of curiosity, I went to a search engine, located the SoCal garage website and browsed around. I found the steering wheel without suede and when I was done configuring it, it came to $899, and I want to stress that I did not pick any extra options.

In my view, that price is outrageous for a steering wheel, but this is where my story only began.

Not much later, I received an e-mail from "PayPal" in which that company told me that if I pay through "PayPal", I will get a 16% discount at "SoCal garage".

I only ever browse in private mode and close the browser every time so as to delete all the tracking cookies.

That means that SoCal garage tracked my IP address, cross-referenced it with PayPal, which then found a match and pulled my e-mail address. So in tandem, they tracked me down and singled me out.

I am livid!!! This level of tracking and privacy violation is not only outrageous, it is utterly unacceptable; we are not cattle!!!!!

In retaliation for this blatant privacy violation, unethical business practice and spying, I will:
  • never buy anything from "SoCal garage";
  • terminate my account with "PayPal".
Annatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:25 AM   #38
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
I want to share a security and privacy incident which happened to me yesterday and concerns "PayPal" and "SoCal garage".

My ZL1 is loaded with all the options. This includes the suede steering wheel and shift knob option, so out of curiosity, I went to a search engine, located the SoCal garage website and browsed around. I found the steering wheel without suede and when I was done configuring it, it came to $899, and I want to stress that I did not pick any extra options.

In my view, that price is outrageous for a steering wheel, but this is where my story only began.

Not much later, I received an e-mail from "PayPal" in which that company told me that if I pay through "PayPal", I will get a 16% discount at "SoCal garage".

I only ever browse in private mode and close the browser every time so as to delete all the tracking cookies.

That means that SoCal garage tracked my IP address, cross-referenced it with PayPal, which then found a match and pulled my e-mail address. So in tandem, they tracked me down and singled me out.

I am livid!!! This level of tracking and privacy violation is not only outrageous, it is utterly unacceptable; we are not cattle!!!!!

In retaliation for this blatant privacy violation, unethical business practice and spying, I will:
  • never buy anything from "SoCal garage";
  • terminate my account with "PayPal".

I'm sorry that the internet hurt you so badly by sending you an email.

Welcome to the internet, guy.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:55 AM   #39
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
They're called "cookies." I've been on the internet since the '90's...and they're not new. It is akin to calling an auto dealer about a new Z, and having a salesman calling you back the next day with an offer.

I mean, this can't be the first time you've been sent an offer ("tracked"), is it? Lighten up Francis.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:11 AM   #40
Annatar

Drives: ZL1 six speed manual
Quote:

I'm sorry that the internet hurt you so badly by sending you an email.

Welcome to the internet, guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1

They're called "cookies." I've been on the internet since the '90's...and they're not new. It is akin to calling an auto dealer about a new Z, and having a salesman calling you back the next day with an offer.

I mean, this can't be the first time you've been sent an offer ("tracked"), is it? Lighten up Francis
Guys, this is no joke.

The thing here is, I was not logged in anywhere and they still tracked me down, not by cookies, as I stated that I clear them every time, but by cross-referencing the internet protocol address with multiple sources and exchanging private information about me with multiple third parties without my consent. I am painfully aware of how tracking with cookies works, as I was there when the technology was being created. This is serious.

The intent of my post was to inform you all about dealing with these two companies and making you aware that they employ highly legally questionable and certainly unethical business practices of spying. What you do with this information however is up to you.

Last edited by Annatar; 03-03-2021 at 06:27 AM.
Annatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:19 AM   #41
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
As someone in e-commerce, I can tell you IP & location-based tracking & targeting is a readily available marketing tool. Don't fool yourself about internet privacy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:22 AM   #42
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Guys, this is no joke. I am one of the internet pioneers, and have been using it since 1993. Grew up on and with UNIX. Worked in the information security industry.

The thing here is, I was not logged in anywhere and they still tracked me down, not by cookies, as I stated that I clear them every time, but by cross-referencing the internet protocol address with multiple sources and exchanging private information about me with them. I am painfully aware of how tracking with cookies works, as I was there when the technology was being created. This is serious.
Well, then clear your cache, and don't visit the site again. The point is this is normal everyday stuff these days. The real irony is you were sent you a 16% off coupon, but their site has posts a 21% off tax sale for months.

I wouldn't sweat it. If you keep getting unwanted solicitations, or worse: spam, or emails w/ attachments and/or links w/ viruses, post back.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote