Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-03-2021, 06:31 AM   #43
Annatar

Drives: ZL1 six speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post

As someone in e-commerce, I can tell you IP & location-based tracking & targeting is a readily available marketing tool. Don't fool yourself about internet privacy.
Does the legal term General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 tell you anything? It is not that cut & dry with those of us accessing InterNet resources out of Europe, not even United States companies are legally allowed to do as they please, and certainly not as what happened here.
Annatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:39 AM   #44
Annatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post

Well, then clear your cache, and don't visit the site again.
Again, this happens automatically every time I close the web browser, because I have explicitly configured it to do so. That is not the point here at all, but dubious legal and ethical practices of "SoCal garage" and "PayPal".

No action (not even an answer to this message) is required on your end if what I presented does not bother or concern you.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:42 AM   #45
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
Does the legal term General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 tell you anything?
No. That is is strictly an EU thing. The company of which you are complaining is based in the US.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:43 AM   #46
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Again, this happens automatically every time I close the web browser, because I have explicitly configured it to do so. That is not the point here at all, but dubious legal and ethical practices of "SoCal garage" and "PayPal".

No action (not even an answer to this message) is required on your end if what I presented does not bother or concern you.
You can clear your cache, or spam them. The fact remains tracking cookies are daily business now. You have not addressed that simple fact.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:06 AM   #47
Annatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post

No. That is is strictly an EU thing. The company of which you are complaining is based in the US.
It is really not that trivial:
Quote:
It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The GDPR's primary aim is to give individuals control over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/...15-INIT/en/pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB's ZL1

You can clear your cache, or spam them. The fact remains tracking cookies are daily business now. You have not addressed that simple fact.
I have not addressed that unethical practice for a simple reason that these two companies have not tracked me down that way: they had no cookies to go on because there were none in my browser enabling them to cross-reference them.

Again, the focus is not on cookies but on their business practices.

Also, having pointed out what happened, I really do not wish to diverge from this thread about steering wheels any further. Therefore, I respectfully ask to be excused from commenting further on the above.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:09 AM   #48
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
Quote:
It is really not that trivial:http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/...15-INIT/en/pdf

I have not addressed that unethical practice for a simple reason that these two companies have not tracked me down that way: they had no cookies to go on because there were none in my browser enabling them to cross-reference them.

Again, the focus is not on cookies but on their business practices.

Also, having pointed out what happened, I really do not wish to diverge from this thread about steering wheels any further. Therefore, I respectfully ask to be excused from commenting further on the above.

This post is abt steering wheels. Not abt how you don’t want anyone to shop at SoCal. Quit crying. Move on.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #49
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
This thread got lively ! I actually chuckled at few posts lol
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #50
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Does the legal term General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 tell you anything? It is not that cut & dry with those of us accessing InterNet resources out of Europe, not even United States companies are legally allowed to do as they please, and certainly not as what happened here.
Hey man, I'm not saying it's right, in fact we felt it was creepy enough not to use it, but it exists.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #51
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Can we get back to steering wheels please haha
Old 03-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #52
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
Can we get back to steering wheels please haha
I've been ready to pull the trigger. Just waiting on Mr. International to inform me where in Asia...it is a rather big place btw, I can purchase far better and cheaper wheels than made here in the US.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:17 PM   #53
Annatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post

This post is abt steering wheels. Not abt how you don’t want anyone to shop at SoCal.
I never wrote that I want that, nor is that a fact.
Quote:
Quit crying. Move on.
I would only cry for something that is worth crying for. This is not it. Unless you have a vested interest in either "Paypal" or "SoCal garage", I have done nothing to you, so there is no need for you to disrespect me in this way.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #54
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
Quote:
I never wrote that I want that, nor is that a fact.I would only cry for something that is worth crying for. This is not it. Unless you have a vested interest in either "Paypal" or "SoCal garage", I have done nothing to you, so there is no need for you to disrespect me in this way.
Hope this doesn’t offended you Bc that seems to be everyone now days but..... SHUT UP. Steering wheels post. Make your own post crying abt the internet.... see how many people care.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:41 PM   #55
Annatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post

Hope this doesn’t offended you Bc that seems to be everyone now days but..... SHUT UP.
It does offend me when someone tries to shut me up in general. Please stop. There is no need to be rude.
Quote:
Steering wheels post.
In your opinion, what should be the maximum price of a steering wheel with no leather?
Old 03-03-2021, 04:11 PM   #56
JB'sZL1

Quote:
There is no need to be rude.In your opinion, what should be the maximum price of a steering wheel with no leather?
That's not an easy question to answer. It depends on if they change the shape, if it's all cf, if the cf is colored, if there is an led display, etc. The one I like is $1,250.00, but in all honesty, I don't know if I want it, as I have a fast car...nearly 800rwhp. All cf would not have a good grip, I don't think, even if you're wearing driving gloves. Waiting for some feedback on that. I like the look and would definitely have the led display, as you really don't take your eyes off the road when looking at it...it's at road level.

So I would pay $1,250.00, but that's with all the bling (all black cf, black perforated leather, black stitching, no striping) and led display. About as cool looking as you can get, with led display, but how is the grip?