Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 06-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #99
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Hopefully, a few of you will come through my town instead of taking interstate 57 into champaign. Thought the power tour did not like to do interstates. It would be way better if it came down 47 through mahomet then the back way to parkland college in champaign. A lot less lights and traffic. I live about 10 minutes away from parkland college so getting excited for sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisTech View Post
I'll down around 2pm today...hope to see some of you guys!
In Gibson city at golf course eating lunch

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:03 AM   #100
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS/RS, Red 85 Z28
Any H-Town Camaro Club car going on the tour, the wife and I will be joining the tour in Hoover AL. We're driving over on Tuesday from Humble TX.
AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400372
BadAquaBluSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #101
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Yep, we started in Madison.

We'll look for you tomorrow on the road to Gulf Port
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 PM   #102
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS/RS, Red 85 Z28
The Power Tour is over

Well didn't meet any H Towners on The Power Tour, I did however meet WesB and his wife (really cool folks) today at the fairgrounds in Gonzales, looking forward to next year and thinking about doing the whole thing already, hope everyone had as much fun as we did, and a safe return home to all.
AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400372
BadAquaBluSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #103
Z65

Drives: '15 1SS/RS A6 CRT, '88 Monte SS
2,717 miles later, I'm back home. 2nd successful Long Haul for the Monte with no issues again. Great trip, great venues (for how big the Tour is) and just an awesome time. Weather left something to be desired but oh well.

51 weeks until we go again! Camaro's turn next year.
Z65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:33 PM   #104
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
We picked-up the Tour in Champaign, just ahead of the STORM. Didn't hang around as planned, but high tailed to St. Louis. Rest of the event for us (Gateway then Memphis), was uneventful (but HOT!). Mr. Freeze was awesome on our first road trip.

Lots of great cars, dozens (if not hundreds!) of C5 Camaros. Had a great time. One more thing crossed off the bucket list. The wife has her windshield banners she's wanted for years!
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #105
HP_Therapy
Horsepower Therapy

Drives: 2014 2SS, RS, 1LE, Heartbeat Blower
Summer road trip complete. 2956 miles in 10 days. Can't wait for next years HotRod Power Tour!!!

Next up, Camaro5 Fest!!
Attached Images

Like us on Facebook and Instagram - Horsepower Therapy...... www.horsepowertherapy.org
HP_Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #106
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
This years Power Tour was a long one, 3675 miles in 9 days. Left for Madison at 2am on the Saturday morning, had a speeding ticket by 2:28am. Drove thru the worst rain storm I've ever experienced on Sunday after leaving Heidt's, little hail mixed in for good measure with flood and tornado warnings also. Hit a piece of debris on Interstate 78 in Olive Branch on the way to Hoover Al. on Wednesday and blew out the right rear tire. Sat on the side of the road for 4 hours waiting for GM roadside to help me out, ended up calling a tow truck myself and they were there in 15 minutes!
Best part of it all is finally found out the wicked pull to the left under acceleration! Seems that when you buy a brand new car and GM puts a 285/35R20 on the left rear and a 305/35R20 on the right rear it does that, weird I know.
All in all it was my fifth long haul, got to hang out with my buddies from the US, seen some cool sites and overall had a good time.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #107
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVERL8TE View Post
This years Power Tour was a long one, 3675 miles in 9 days. Left for Madison at 2am on the Saturday morning, had a speeding ticket by 2:28am. Drove thru the worst rain storm I've ever experienced on Sunday after leaving Heidt's, little hail mixed in for good measure with flood and tornado warnings also. Hit a piece of debris on Interstate 78 in Olive Branch on the way to Hoover Al. on Wednesday and blew out the right rear tire. Sat on the side of the road for 4 hours waiting for GM roadside to help me out, ended up calling a tow truck myself and they were there in 15 minutes!
Best part of it all is finally found out the wicked pull to the left under acceleration! Seems that when you buy a brand new car and GM puts a 285/35R20 on the left rear and a 305/35R20 on the right rear it does that, weird I know.
All in all it was my fifth long haul, got to hang out with my buddies from the US, seen some cool sites and overall had a good time.
Missed seeing you for the first time in 5 years. Sorry about the mishaps but guess you enjoyed it overall. Should have told you not to go to Heidts, lol

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #108
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Missed seeing you for the first time in 5 years. Sorry about the mishaps but guess you enjoyed it overall. Should have told you not to go to Heidts, lol
This year seemed busy, I seen you leaving a venue from a distance the one day but that was it.
A bad day on Power Tour is still better than a good day at work!
Didn't mind the tour at Heidt's, like looking at part possibility's for the 67 Camaro.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #109
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
completed 3055 miles this year. Lucked out and didn't hit anything however when leaving Hoover Stadium notice bad tire thump. Thought we had run over something and damaged 2 wheels and tires. Well after puting it up in the air at a local tire store we found a piece of asphalt about the size of a quarter pounder stuck to the front tire tread. They had just got done rolling a new surface on the parking lot and we parked there with hot tires. Ended up saving a bunch of money by peeling asphalt off.

Venues were great this year, sure beats last year.

See everybody next year.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #110
NOTAV6

Drives: 2010 ECS Camaro SS
Was a blast this year long-hauled it, just over 4k miles in 8.5 days.
If you saw the black Camaro with the white hood that was me. We decided in Madison to go for the State Trooper look to get people out of the left lane and plasti-dipped it in hotel parking lot. Worked pretty well in some areas haha.

Here was our group minus the guy taking the photo from a Viper.
NOTAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote