Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
cactuseater

Drives: .
Convertible SS from hell update....

Our case # has been "escalated" supposedly, by the GM Customer Assistance folks, to where I have no idea. The car sits at the dealer now for it's 9th day on the water management system flooding and mildew/mold/interior damage issue alone. I am hoping the extra time needed is to replace the carpet and the rear seat cushion. Top #3 is on "order" although I've demanded an entire new mechanism and associated parts on the day we bought the car.

Yeah. Complete failure here. It took 4 new rotors, new front calipers, new brake pads, a new front windshield (the wrong glass was on the car - the HUD would not display!), a multitude of exterior trim work, a full paint restoration, a visit to the body shop, two convertible tops (#3 pending on order...), and a set of 4 wheels (paint peeling off the original set...still pending "approval"), top latch re-attached twice, rear view mirror fell off the windshield - on the lot - on delivery day. What a great 172 point inspection. The list goes on, there is more.

I've been nice, but I'll tell you my patience is wearing very, very thin on this car. We are both so sick of hearing apologies without substance. My wife and I are beyond fed up. At least my 2011 2SS/RS Coupe is running good. But this thing is a nightmare. I feel with you guys that are paying for these cars monthly and cannot drive them or operate them as they were advertised to perform. It would be nice to have a correctly operating, aesthetically correct fitment, and properly performing roof over your head. Makes you feel backed-up against a wall having to deal with this crap every day.

Sorry for the vent, but it's been a a real slice of heaven with this car lately.

Let's see what Monday brings....

Last edited by cactuseater; 06-09-2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: less ranting.... :)
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Wow, I can't imagine having so many things wrong with a new car. What the hell happened on that day in the plant?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I had 4-5 different GM CSR people contact me at various times about my car and no one "owned" developing a plan, working with the dealer or keeping me informed. I raised @#$% and finally got a Manager assigned to my case so things seem to be going smoother regarding communication, even though we are still working through my case. I specifically requested a manager but I'm not entirely sure that this would've happened with out my being so assertive regarding this point.
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Geez. I seem to hear a lot more bad than good about the verts. Based on what's posted in these forums alone, I would never own a vert.
GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
So sorry about your troubles.
Has there been any mention for the option of letting you order a NEW one[with appropriate price adjustments]? I think there comes a time when "a lemon" just can't be squeezed anymore, and it's better for everyone involved to pitch that lemon in the trash and go for a NEW, fresh start.
just my 2 cents, and I'm sure GM wouldn't easily agree with said plan.
Hope you get a happy ending, what ever it may be, soon.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Keep track of the total days it has been out of service for all problems combined. In Arizona 30 days out of service in the first year (maybe two years, I forgot) and they have to buy the car back or replace it. I understand most manufacturers don't want it to get to that point. In my one experience they (wasn't GM) gave me a replacement after mine had been in the shop for 28 days, but I had been telling them I wanted a different car for a couple weeks at that point. The replacement was completely trouble free.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
Went through the same thing. Got me a coupe instead w/ the help of GM.

But to a lot of people on this site, these problems do not exist.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #8
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
I guess you should try to dump the car. It will most likely be a pain forever
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #9
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
For what its worth. I feel for you.

Funny, the 4yr, 65k I got specifically included the top.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #10
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
Just ask them to do something different. Doesn't sound like the dealer is happy working on the car, and doesn't sound like you're happy with the car... Ask them to work something out with getting a replacement because the roof has been worked on so much along with the other problems, that I assume you have documented tickets of the work being performed. Just be courteous and firm with them.

I know they would rather you be bringing the car in for service, without warranty work. I know you would want the same. Just tell them this car is going to continue to be a problem, and you don't think repairing it is going to work.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
That looks like the same warranty I got with mine. When the paperwork showed up from the warranty place 3 weeks later I saw it excluded the top. I canceled it immediately. The guy in finance was nice enough about it, but when I hadn't seen the credit 2 months later I talked to the woman that processes refunds and found out he forgot to submit the paperwork. That woman, who wasn't on commission, did it immediately.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Any idea who the previous owner was and what issues he had? I guess we know why he traded it in. Best of luck getting these issues resolved to your complete satisfaction.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Previous owner was a GM program vehicle. My guess a demo or dealer rental. Got a call from the dealer today, new top part number changed, seems that the prototype I speak of will be in production soon and on it's way to me...the canvas they ordered back in May 18 is no longer produced. The leak is fixed, the carpet had no damage, and they were able to steam clean my interior twice and remove all stains, smells,etc. They will do it yet again today just to be on the safe side. Gm rep and a wheel expert will look at my wheels today and figure out what is causing the paint problems on the wheels, looking at getting a set of four. I use soap and water on them, nothing else...not even a brush. Meanwhile, happy so far with the communications from service, picking car up either later on or tomorrow. Looking forward to the newly designed top!

Good Luck Cactuseater!!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Good luck! Sounds like you've had a rough time for sure!