Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Pulling the big gains out of these cars is not just in the AFR... Bit of timing / phasing changes.. Some torque management changes and boom you have a whole new car
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Pulling the big gains out of these cars is not just in the AFR... Bit of timing / phasing changes.. Some torque management changes and boom you have a whole new car
Yeah, if I remember right on my car when stock we got most of the gains by tweaking the AFR and timing. Didn't get much from cam phasing though.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #31
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
are these the 323hp rated motors ? i just bought a 2015 and im looking at what to do.. i hear injen powerflow are pretty good and a tune.. i owned a mustang before and the tunes were everywhere seems harder to find for the camaro
shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #32
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Im interested in more info/opinions on a LFX tune as well...

Can anyone recommend anyone in my area? I have talked to my dealer about a tune and they claim that they will do one for $650. Didn't get much more info than that. When I asked if it would void my warranty they said absolutely not. Apparently the dealer I bought my car from is known for Camaro and Vette modifications (or so they say).
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
shags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Damn, this is one old thread. Trifecta seems to be hard to get a hold of and work with lately, and IPF is starting to get that way with everything they have going on. I was thinking about switching from IPF to the Overkill tune. This tune also has data logging available. Overkill are the same people who are making the 80mm throttle body in the thread below. I think Jason is also working to port his manifold to match the 80mm throttle body upon special request.

http://www.getoverkilled.ca/lfxcamaro.html

thanks
Old 02-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #34
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
I'd love to hear from an LFX owner that has had an Overkill tune. I'm considering going with their tune but would love some feedback from anyone here that has had their LFX tuned by them. Anyone?
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #35
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Damn, this is one old thread. Trifecta seems to be hard to get a hold of and work with lately, and IPF is starting to get that way with everything they have going on. I was thinking about switching from IPF to the Overkill tune. This tune also has data logging available. Overkill are the same people who are making the 80mm throttle body in the thread below. I think Jason is also working to port his manifold to match the 80mm throttle body upon special request.

http://www.getoverkilled.ca/lfxcamaro.html
Whats up bro? Keep me posted once you get that overkill tune and thanks for all that great info you provide foe us Newbies.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #36
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Hey! I will. I'm not sure when I'm doing it, but soon. I need my ported manifold and MRT v1 first.
Cool. I'm thinking about that ported manifold myself.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #37
shags

Quote:
Hey! I will. I'm not sure when I'm doing it, but soon. I need my ported manifold and MRT v1 first.

is the ported manifold still composite ? or aluminum ?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #38
shags

Quote:
For the LFX it's the same factory manifold that is on the car originally, he just modifies the opening on the throttle body side.

ok i gotcha now.. thanks
Old 02-02-2016, 01:43 AM   #39
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
I'd love to hear from an LFX owner that has had an Overkill tune. I'm considering going with their tune but would love some feedback from anyone here that has had their LFX tuned by them. Anyone?
I'm quite new to the Camaro LFX scene but I've been tuning LFX engines in other platforms like the Impala for several years. I look forward to doing more Camaros here on the forums and having good local referrals.

The tune service includes the Autocal handheld purchase, datalogging (scanning) with revisions to dial things in, retuning for new mods at no charge, and I have tuning for my 80mm throttle body, flex fuel conversion etc which is all done inclusive in the price.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #40
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
I'm trying to decide if tuning my 15 LFX is worth the hassle and void of power train warranty. I have a few bolt ons and am thinking about doing a few more but was going to get a tune this week.

Just can't make up my mind if it's worth it or not.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:35 AM   #41
Dragoon74

Drives: 2012 camaro ls Convertible
I just recently had a dyno done on my 2012 camaro 3.6 all the mods are vmax ported throttle body , K/N Cold air intake , Slp loud mouth 2 axle back exhaust and trifecta tune. Here is a link to the dyno. https://youtu.be/psJWN39Pzoo
Attached Images

Dragoon74 is offline   Reply With Quote