Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 01-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Question OPTIMA's Search for the Ultimate Street Car

Has any Camaro owners participated in any of the Optima Challeges last year ? I am looking for some insight on this type of event for 2015 as I am going to participate in a few of these events this year.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...te-street-car/

Last edited by Zombie killer; 01-13-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added web link
Zombie killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:51 AM   #2
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I was just looking into this and I think I am going to do a couple. I think my first will be at the corvette museum and then road america in wisconsin. I watched a couple on youtube and it looks fun. The one day for $300 minus the road course would be fine, but I figure for $200 more and get two days of event time, plus road course would be worth it.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #3
Jstephen

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS LT2 45th
You have probably seen this but MavTV network has a show about this on quite frequently. http://www.mavtv.com/shows/optima-se...treet-car.html.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
I was just looking into this and I think I am going to do a couple. I think my first will be at the corvette museum and then road america in wisconsin. I watched a couple on youtube and it looks fun. The one day for $300 minus the road course would be fine, but I figure for $200 more and get two days of event time, plus road course would be worth it.
i was curious to find out how the road course part of the Optima challenge would work when some drivers would be a novice and others would not be. i would like to run the road course but I am betting that first timers would be limited to a slower course or some type of handicap system. Anybody with direct information on how this worked last year ???
Old 01-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Jstephen

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS LT2 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
i was curious to find out how the road course part of the Optima challenge would work when some drivers would be a novice and others would not be. i would like to run the road course but I am betting that first timers would be limited to a slower course or some type of handicap system. Anybody with direct information on how this worked last year ???
Found this on the web...
As in 2014, experienced drivers and first-timers are all encouraged to participate. Separate run groups will be organized to ensure that drivers of similar proficiency (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced) are on the track together. Driving instructors will be on hand at all events to assist those who would like to improve their driving skills.
http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...ates-announced

Last edited by Jstephen; 01-18-2015 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added link
Jstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
They use run groups based on driver experience, A is expert, B intermediate and C is novice...they have driving instructors familiar with the course you are at provided by one of the sponsors...Intermediate or Novice, the passing is by point by only...there is no slower course, they tell you to drive to your own skill level....both you and your car want to go home in one piece....
Old 01-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #7
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Signed up for NCM and Charlotte
Old 01-21-2015, 11:55 PM   #8
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
We hope to run at least 1 of these this year, if not more. We have lots of friends who ran last year!

Got this from Ultimate Street Car Association Facebook Page:

Registration opens Monday January 19th for all OPTIMA Search for the Ultimate Street Car events for 2015. We're expecting long lines with the new 1-day and 2-day entries. 1-day entry is $300 and includes autocross, speedstop, road rally and welcome party. The 2-day entry is $500 and includes everything in the 1-day entry plus design & engineering competition and all day road course action!

- *2015 promos for this year include:
group discounts - $100 each for groups of three or more (established clubs and shops, all entries must register together)
- 4 for 3 discount - register for three events prior to March 31st and receive a fourth event free (three events must be full price entries)
- 1st timers - receive a ½ price refund on your entry if you're participating with us for the first time (use promo code "first", and the USCA registrar will refund 50% of the entry fee)

*Only one promo per entry please and group discounts must be with an established club or shop. 4 for 3 discount expires March 31st, 2015.

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 AM   #9
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm17 View Post
We hope to run at least 1 of these this year, if not more. We have lots of friends who ran last year!

Got this from Ultimate Street Car Association Facebook Page:

Registration opens Monday January 19th for all OPTIMA Search for the Ultimate Street Car events for 2015. We're expecting long lines with the new 1-day and 2-day entries. 1-day entry is $300 and includes autocross, speedstop, road rally and welcome party. The 2-day entry is $500 and includes everything in the 1-day entry plus design & engineering competition and all day road course action!

- *2015 promos for this year include:
group discounts - $100 each for groups of three or more (established clubs and shops, all entries must register together)
- 4 for 3 discount - register for three events prior to March 31st and receive a fourth event free (three events must be full price entries)
- 1st timers - receive a ½ price refund on your entry if you're participating with us for the first time (use promo code "first", and the USCA registrar will refund 50% of the entry fee)

*Only one promo per entry please and group discounts must be with an established club or shop. 4 for 3 discount expires March 31st, 2015.
I double dog dare you and that guy with the Camaro that sounds like a drag boat to come out and race at one.....
Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #10
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I double dog dare you and that guy with the Camaro that sounds like a drag boat to come out and race at one.....
Hopefully Fontana.

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #11
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I plan on heading to Fontana this year....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1423180933
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #13
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Oh hell. The challenge has been made. Lol !!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
Ken
I'll sign up for your pit crew.
Yanko style side strips,BBK Long Tube headers no cats,Maggie 2300,Ported trottle body,58 lb injectors,Pedder's sub frame bushings,QTE cut outs,Corsa Performance Ex., Volant Cold Air Kit,catch can, SLP 20" Red Line Wheels, Raymond's Performance Tune
RAYMOND'S PERFORMANCE BUILT. Plainfield Indiana.
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
optima street car challenge