Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
dlink

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Where can i find a TB?

Hey guys new to the forums here! I'm looking into getting some under the hood performance out of my 2013 LS LFX. From my research everything looks pretty straight forward (as most of any performance upgrades to the LFX are simple bolt ons) but one question i had is where can i find a throttle body ? on C6 i see they have one but it's a little dicey in the description because it's titled as 2010-2011 but it also mentions 2012-2014 so i'm just a little confused. Am i looking in the right place for a TB that would fit my car? Side note: is anyone selling one used? i'd love to pick one up for a discounted price
dlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
overkill makes an 80mm but a tune is required..you can also have your ported, the 2010-2011 will not fit the lfx must be 2012 and up.. check the marketplace for used ones there are some on there

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
dlink

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/brands...-v6-vmaxv612tb

I just found this one and it seems it's the right fit for my lfx.

one more question it's saying something about a core exchange but i'm not really sure what they mean do you think you could break that down for me?
Old 11-18-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
They send you aported TB for'x' dollars, you remove your stockTB and send it to them, and they send you 'y' dollars back. The 2010-2011 is the LLT engine and the 2012-2015 is the LFX motor, that's why they have the model years listed, so you can purchase the correct one for your motor.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=tlavoie87;9412809]overkill makes an 80mm but a tune is required/QUOTE]

I have the Overkill 80MM TB and no tune. The tune is beneficial, but not required.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:39 AM   #6
cal777flyer

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
[QUOTE=Kenny Camaro;9413170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
overkill makes an 80mm but a tune is required/QUOTE]

I have the Overkill 80MM TB and no tune. The tune is beneficial, but not required.
How much difference in sound did you notice with the 80mm TB? Is it as much of a difference as the CAI made? I have the VMAX and considering switching to the Overkill. I don't think the performance difference is enough for me to make the switch, but I heard the sound is deeper with the Overkill.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #7
dlink

I hadn't realized that between Overkill and VMAX there was a difference in exhaust note, maybe not worth switching over from one to the other if you already have one but for someone like me which between the two would you guys recommend me getting? Also, when you guys say for the Overkill TB needs a tune are you guys talking about the trifecta tune?
Old 11-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #8
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=cal777flyer;9413666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post

How much difference in sound did you notice with the 80mm TB? Is it as much of a difference as the CAI made? I have the VMAX and considering switching to the Overkill. I don't think the performance difference is enough for me to make the switch, but I heard the sound is deeper with the Overkill.
It's a much lower pitched sound. I really prefer it to the stock sound. It's not as much as difference in volume, like when you add a cai, basically a lower, less 'ricey', more ballsy sound. About the same volume, lower pitched.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlink View Post
I hadn't realized that between Overkill and VMAX there was a difference in exhaust note, maybe not worth switching over from one to the other if you already have one but for someone like me which between the two would you guys recommend me getting? Also, when you guys say for the Overkill TB needs a tune are you guys talking about the trifecta tune?
It doesn't change the exhaust note much, it changes the sound from under the hood. You don't need a tune if you get the Overkill 80mm TB, I don't have a tune, just the Jet module. Overkill is a company specifically for the V-6. They offer remote tuneing with datalogging and unlimited retunes for as long as you own your Camaro. They offer E-85 conversion and Supercharger also. And the 80mm TB.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #10
TX12Camaro

Drives: 2022 Cheverolet Camaro RS V6
If you mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Overkill?

Also, I've heard some *really* negative things about the Jet Module, but they have been around for years so they must be doing something right. What is your experience with it vs. the Hypertech 2000 Tuner?
Old 11-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #11
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX12Camaro View Post
If you mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Overkill?

Also, I've heard some *really* negative things about the Jet Module, but they have been around for years so they must be doing something right. What is your experience with it vs. the Hypertech 2000 Tuner?
The Jet module I bought a couple years ago when I didn't want to void my factory warranty. I got a good deal on it on Amazon like 200 bucks. They 'claimed 15 hp and 17tq, but I never dynoed it myself. It did give me like two mpg gain in fuel mileage. It 'seems' to pull harder in the 3000-6000 rpm range. I never had the hypertech so I can't compare the two.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #12
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Any idea which ported throttle body will for the CAI intake? Do I need an adapter. Looking to pop on a TB but not sure which route to go?

I think there's three options if I remember correctly... can someone list them and make recommendations please?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:07 PM   #13
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

TX12 and SSpade, TX I forgot to tell you about the price on the Overkill 80MM TB. It was 299.00 and I had to buy a silicon elbow because the 80 is 3 1/2 inch and stock is 3. They had a drop down menu on the Overkill website. SSpade the VMAXX ported stock TB is 300.00, they send you a ported stock TB, you take yours off and send it to them and get a 150.00 core deposit, if it meets there criteria. VMAXX has a 5rwhp gain, and the 80 is 5-7rwhp. Those are the two I know of. VMAXX is cheaper, 80 sounds better and has not been ported, so you could have it ported and possibility pick up more hp, no one has done it yet. I plan on doing it in the spring myself.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #14
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Just wondering if the Overkill 80 mm is worth over twice as much as the ported stock one from VMAXX...

Looking to buy either one asap just not sure if the Overkill one is worth $400 compared (no core refund) to the VMAXX at $150 after core refund. That's quite a discrepancy....
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lfx, throttle body