Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
vegasmike

Drives: 2010 Black RS Camaro
Camaro Paint

I have a 2010 RS that is black, and nice looking but the paint seems very very thin. While doing the obligatory wash and wax of the car, I noted a small spot of dirt on the drivers side rear quarter panel behind the wheel. I sprayed it with water, and it did not come off, so I used the edge of my fingernail to see if I could dislodge the crud, it was tiny in size, but instead of the crud coming off the paint came off, I did not put very much pressure on the crud spot so there should have been no reason to see the paint come off. After looking closely at the now blemished panel, the paint is very very thin. Has anyone else had any paint issues.
Thanks
vegasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
A few threads on this already in the Problems forum. Definitely check them out!
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
Sounds like a small piece of dust or other contaminate got under the paint prior to spraying. The last new car I bought had contaminants in the paint in the door jamb area and the same thing happened as you described above. The paint cannot adhere well due to the contaminant and very little pressure is required to "break" the paint.
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
zeebest

Drives: 1988 Iroc Z28 cont, 2009 CTS4
Paint

Hey I thought it was only me Yes exaxt same spot behind wheel driver side black spot thought it was tar rub it kept rubbing it what the hell is this and it was the baoy of the car!! well I got the SIMONIX what Paint warranty on this car so Im using it now I thought I did it this is bull shit I got 1000 miles Lifters went now paint car cost me 40,000 so better make good or it going into LEMON LAW
zeebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Yes mine has something under the yellow paint coat on the drivers side quarter, and some more in the clear coat on the passengers side quarter.

I've made a thread to try to find some commonality with this issue;

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92130

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
BICHN CAMARO

Drives: without a license: ss 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmike View Post
I have a 2010 RS that is black, and nice looking but the paint seems very very thin. While doing the obligatory wash and wax of the car, I noted a small spot of dirt on the drivers side rear quarter panel behind the wheel. I sprayed it with water, and it did not come off, so I used the edge of my fingernail to see if I could dislodge the crud, it was tiny in size, but instead of the crud coming off the paint came off, I did not put very much pressure on the crud spot so there should have been no reason to see the paint come off. After looking closely at the now blemished panel, the paint is very very thin. Has anyone else had any paint issues.
Thanks
If you get GM to look at your car please have the paint thickness measured with an electronic MIL tester and send me a PM with the results. A couple of us are collecting data to deal with the paint issue. This goes for anybody else with the same issues.
and they all ride the bus!

Dead Milkmen
BICHN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad paint, paint