Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
need help on buffing out scratches on headlights

i bought a set of RS headlights from ebay. one of them has a lot of scratches on it, how do i get the scratches off? i mean they are mildly deep scratches, not like little knicks, but it looks like someone might have taken a knife to them.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
you might need a restoration kit

If you can feel them with your fingernail you are going to have to work them pretty good to get them smooth again. You might need something like 3M's headlight restoration kit to sand down and smooth out the surface. Once done you should apply one of our headlight protection kits to both fill in any remaining scratches and protect them from further damage.

If the scratches were light you might be able to get away with a polish and the headlight protection kit, but from the sound of it they are in rough shape. hope that helps.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Youtube.com; polishing plastic.
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
If you can feel them with your fingernail you are going to have to work them pretty good to get them smooth again. You might need something like 3M's headlight restoration kit to sand down and smooth out the surface. Once done you should apply one of our headlight protection kits to both fill in any remaining scratches and protect them from further damage.

If the scratches were light you might be able to get away with a polish and the headlight protection kit, but from the sound of it they are in rough shape. hope that helps.
That's why I put your product on within a week of buying my car. Talk about peace of mind; you guys are great!
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
Jacqs
pinkcamaro.com for sale

Drives: 2010 Pink Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jacqs Send a message via Yahoo to Jacqs
3M Headlight Restoration works wonders!! I did it on my crap civic because they were all yellow and then a family member's car. Don't use a lot of water at the end - It makes a huge mess.

Tags
headlights, scratches