Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
i just ordered a set of some forgestars CF5 wheels ,18" for under $1200.00. i'll see if a lower price wheel is worth it or not?
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #30
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Savini was at a recent event here in So. Cal. and one of our group was considering wheels from them. I don't have any experience with Savini, but just reading the people who have, I warned him to check out the threads for complaints and tread carefully, so they probably lost a sale that day. It sucks to pay a lot and not get quality product in return.
Was that me??? yea I am not buying from them, was thinking about it but you guys saved me...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #31
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Was that me??? yea I am not buying from them, was thinking about it but you guys saved me...
OK, maybe two people saved at the event.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #32
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
The idea is to save as many as we can.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #34
YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE
ur principal is ur friend

Drives: RED 2004 C5 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
The reason I agreed is I have common sense..
Sorry to hear about your problems, along with everyone else who had a horror story involving these wheels!.....that's why I was curious about your quote above.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #35
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Heard a local Bay Area (Savini) dealer had his F430 at Savini for a photoshoot and when he got his car back it had some "extra miles" on the car and the wheels/tires were trashed.

Looks like Savini made his front wheel too.....

Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #36
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I know a lot of people out there. Mainly from this forum. Lot of people who are kinda tight with the Savini guys. So I don't give this negative info lightly. It's the only product I've spoken this way about. (as far as the product it's self) And yet I feel compelled to.

If you consider the odds of a product being problematic, you consider a middle of the road product to have some problems but not a lot. You consider a product that is supposed to be THE BEST. That you pay THE MOST for, you figure that problems would be few and far between. And yet everyone I personaly know who bought Savini wheels have had issues. Some less vocal than others. And I know of no less than 4 people OTHER than myself. That's 100% have had issues and MULTIPLE issues.

The product is a sham. Plain and simple. My paint was put on top of shiny chrome.
The funny thing about all this is NO ONE from SAVINI will converse with me and ALL I hear is that these cases are RARE. OK they are RARE, all the more reason for them to take care of the problems quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
My Forgeline wheels arrive tomorrow. My 22" Savinis are coming off my car. I'm eating an $8k loss.
I am afraid I will be in this boat as well. I could not in good conscious sell these wheels to someone and just transfer the problem. I would only sell them if they come back 100% smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Sheesh, again?

I followed the whole PQ episode. The thing that struck me was that Savini made him eat hundreds of dollars (at least) in shipping costs for something that was their problem.

That alone said a lot about the kind of company they are.

If I were Dr Jkel, I would be demanding my money back immediately and not fooling around with them. The longer you let them drag this out, the more it will cost you in the end.

Hopefully you have written proof that they agreed to a refund after the first fix attempt. If so, hold them to it immediately.

I have agreed to let them try to FIX the issue one last time. Sure there are alot of things I can try to do but in the end if I win I still lose with lawyer fees etc... especially since I am here and they are in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I'm thinking a few hundred for a plane ticket to take out a couple grand on someones ass...

Just sayin..
This has been thought about a couple of times but in the end I would still lose. People usually tend to act different on the phone/internet than they do face to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
great write up. i hope people think about what you are saying.i've been to there shop in person, that was all i had to see.
Unfortunately I have found this out the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Well hopefully alot of people will read this and have the proper information to make an informed decision on their future purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems, along with everyone else who had a horror story involving these wheels!.....that's why I was curious about your quote above.
My quote was inteded to realy that I understand that things happen when operating a business. Everyone would like to produce a product that is 100% flawless 100% of the time, unfortunately that is not reality, as they say "Sh** Happens"

To me it is not the fact that there was something wrong but the fact at the way this and several others issues have been handled. People undertsand that things happen, it just they way the issue is resolved that really makes a difference.

So that is what I meant by having common sense. I understand that sometimes things just happen. BUT I want them to take care of it and to this point they have not.

Since they claim that this is an isolated incident is all the more reason to FIX this issue quickly but they seem to want to drag their feet on this issue and tend to blame everything else instead of just saying this is a mistake, We will fix it, remake it or whatever.

Seems to me that they are losing A LOT of potential customers when they do not take care of problems quickly.

I have bought a TON of things from other vendors on here, just look at my car and not all of them have been 100% correct. The difference is that tose vendors immediately took care of the issues. OK problem fixed.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #37
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Man I am so glad I found this thread. You don't know how close I came to ordering the SV-25 wheels. Guess my search is still on. Thanks Guys. You saved another one.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #38
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I know you said you have no interest in taking them to Small Claims Court, but is it possible to hire a Lawyer and have him address all of your issues in one Claim? That way it's at least $20-25,000 he's going after plus legal fees, that should make it worthwhile if you and Darth Emma, and PQ and a few others can get their money back you guys all split the lawyer fees and try something, I'm sure with everything you all have it will be easy to win the case.

Just trying to help, but I understand not even wanting to pursue it but each one of you lost at least $5,000 and should try and get it back.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #39
YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE
ur principal is ur friend

Drives: RED 2004 C5 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
My quote was inteded to realy that I understand that things happen when operating a business. Everyone would like to produce a product that is 100% flawless 100% of the time, unfortunately that is not reality, as they say "Sh** Happens"
Thanks for the clarification....you seem like a patient guy. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #40
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I know you said you have no interest in taking them to Small Claims Court, but is it possible to hire a Lawyer and have him address all of your issues in one Claim? That way it's at least $20-25,000 he's going after plus legal fees, that should make it worthwhile if you and Darth Emma, and PQ and a few others can get their money back you guys all split the lawyer fees and try something, I'm sure with everything you all have it will be easy to win the case.

Just trying to help, but I understand not even wanting to pursue it but each one of you lost at least $5,000 and should try and get it back.
I have every wheel balance, shipping reciept, shop opinion and all the stuff here on C5 to use if I wanted to. I could get some damn nice wheels I'm sure. But it's been over a year. If I were gonna do something like that I think I'd have needed to do it long before now.

Any time people ask about my wheels they always get an earful. If anyone I ever talk to ends up buying Savini they are gamblers at heart and just see a style they really like from Savini. I do my best to let everyone know. Anyone who SEES my wheels up close right now always ask WTF is going on with the paint. It REALLY looks like shit. Bubbling up and warping off the chrome everywhere. Just waiting to fall off.

If I lived in California you can bet your ass I'd have better wheels right now. One way or the other.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #41
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE View Post
Thanks for the clarification....you seem like a patient guy. Good luck!
Well I have tried to be patient but enough is enough. I hear more each day from PM's from other memebrs who have had issues with their wheels and are trying to figure out what to do. Unfortunately it does not appear there is a good answer for them at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I have every wheel balance, shipping reciept, shop opinion and all the stuff here on C5 to use if I wanted to. I could get some damn nice wheels I'm sure. But it's been over a year. If I were gonna do something like that I think I'd have needed to do it long before now.

Any time people ask about my wheels they always get an earful. If anyone I ever talk to ends up buying Savini they are gamblers at heart and just see a style they really like from Savini. I do my best to let everyone know. Anyone who SEES my wheels up close right now always ask WTF is going on with the paint. It REALLY looks like shit. Bubbling up and warping off the chrome everywhere. Just waiting to fall off.

If I lived in California you can bet your ass I'd have better wheels right now. One way or the other.
Like Randy said EVEN if you have all the documentation in the world, like receipts, videos, e-mails etc....you can't MAKE them do anything. You end up spending more money trying to get what is rightfully yours so you end up throwing good money after bad.

Just look at how many people on this one little thread is now saying they were going to buy a set of Savini wheels and now they are not. If you take a very low estimate of 1000.00 per wheel then that is alot of monet lost in revenue because they do not take care of the customer.

Eventually you get an e-mail from someone and it will state we will agree to do/fix these wheels but you need to not write anymore on the forums. Kinda like a strong arm tactic..."if you don't quit talking then we wont help you" No what they should do is take care of their responsibility from the jump and threads like this never appear.

Just like the other vendors who have sent wrong/broken things they take care of it in a timely manner and there is no problems. You don't see threads about Ivan at Southwest do you, well no because he takes care of his customers.

How many threads do you see where people complain about Adam's Polishes product not doing what they are supposed to?

At first you think it is just you but after wheel set after wheel sets the same issue arises, then people need to know what they are getting into. JMHO
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #42
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It just goes to show you that just because something is expensive it isn't always quality.
tell that to the guys discussing headers...lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote