Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC2011 View Post
This is an awesome thread. Thanks for directing me to it.
Any time amigo -- Hopefully the knowledge gleamed from these setups will help people in the future wanting to go with bigger wheel and tire in the front on Pfadt coilovers...

It would make sense if Pfadt sent the shorter spring standard with their coilovers IMHO. Perhaps the guys @ Pfadt might consider the change going forward? Just a thought. It would save folks a lot of hassle of buying additionals springs with the larger diameter spring perch than stock.

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #16
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
My COR Brava wheels that I had put on yesterday has the problem of the TPMS sensors hitting the Pfadt coil-overs in the front and Pfadt trailing arms in the rear. I removed the plastic caps on the sensors and the front now clears the coil-overs. The back still hits and there is a loud tic everytime the sensor passes the rear trailing arm.

I drove it the 5miles home and now the left rear has aleak and went flat over night. I am trying to figure out what to do next. Does anyone know if the metal sensors are a shorter length than the rubber/plastic sensors?

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
PTS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
My COR Brava wheels that I had put on yesterday has the problem of the TPMS sensors hitting the Pfadt coil-overs in the front and Pfadt trailing arms in the rear. I removed the plastic caps on the sensors and the front now clears the coil-overs. The back still hits and there is a loud tic everytime the sensor passes the rear trailing arm.

I drove it the 5miles home and now the left rear has aleak and went flat over night. I am trying to figure out what to do next. Does anyone know if the metal sensors are a shorter length than the rubber/plastic sensors?
Can you send a picture of what you have so we can make a correct suggestion?

Regards,

Perry
PTS
PTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Turns out the adapters did not come with the wheels. The sensors were mounted normally with the valve outside the tire. With the adapters, nothing sticks outside the wheel. Cor is taking care of it. Thanks Gio!

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
Trip9Duc

Drives: Twenty-Ten Camaro
Im running Forgeline 20x10.5 & 295's on all four corners w/Pedders Track II no rub issues and no issues on clearance(s).
Trip9Duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have Pfadt coilovers and I just ordered a set of 20" Forgeline wheels (9.5" front, 11" rear). Will that combination be ok or should I contact Forgeline before they build my wheels? Thanks.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #21
Trip9Duc

Drives: Twenty-Ten Camaro
Shouldnt be a problem. You should contact them to make sure. I had my Forgelines and Pedders on my car for a year and a half. I've went to Willow Spring servals times, Open Road Racing, Mojave Mile Shootout, no issues.
Trip9Duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #22
PTS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have Pfadt coilovers and I just ordered a set of 20" Forgeline wheels (9.5" front, 11" rear). Will that combination be ok or should I contact Forgeline before they build my wheels? Thanks.

You need to run 20x9.5 +27mm for the Pfadts
PTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #23
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Terri, I spec'd out your wheels to fit the Pfadt coil-overs. You are good to go!

Since this is an informative thread, I'll put this info here so that others may find it later on when searching.

Pfadt and KW coil-overs = less tire clearance than the OEM spring perch.
Pedders and BC Racing coil-overs = more tire clearance than OEM spring perch.

It is important to let your wheel seller know which brand of suspension mods you have installed, or plan to install in the future. Each brand can be accommodated to fit the wheel/tire combo, but that info needs to be known up front.

Tony
Old 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #24
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Terri, I spec'd out your wheels to fit the Pfadt coil-overs. You are good to go!

Since this is an informative thread, I'll put this info here so that others may find it later on when searching.

Pfadt and KW coil-overs = less tire clearance than the OEM spring perch.
Pedders and BC Racing coil-overs = more tire clearance than OEM spring perch.

It is important to let your wheel seller know which brand of suspension mods you have installed, or plan to install in the future. Each brand can be accommodated to fit the wheel/tire combo, but that info needs to be known up front.

Tony
Tony,
I should have known you'd take care of me. I just couldn't remember if I'd mentioned the Pfadt coilovers to you prior to ordering the wheels. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #25
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
You didn't mention it, I just looked up your build thread for info
Old 07-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #26
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
You didn't mention it, I just looked up your build thread for info
And I thought for sure you were clairvoyant.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I had my car on a muffler shop drive-on rack today and checked the clearance between my front wheels and tires and my Pedders Xa's. It looks like I have almost an inch of clearance between the tire and shock body. Wheels are Forgeline MD3P's 9.5" in front.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #28
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
9.5's and pedders coilover's wont give you issues. a 10 inch front with a 275 or 285 tire will touch the spring perch on the pfadt coilovers as Nineball mentioned earlier. There's less room than the stock shocks with pfadt coilovers up front... shorter spring solves the problem.

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote