Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-30-2020, 01:04 PM   #15
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
As acammer stated above, "it doesn't have to be". If you've got a traditional wax or sealant on the car you're using a traditional type of Car Shampoo, and perhaps a Detail Spray, and/or a Waterless Wash, and maybe others. The wax should last a month to three, a sealant six to eight months. A Ceramic Coated car sitting outside 24/7/365 using nothing special should still last a good two years, with specific maintenance products that same vehicle should get the full advertised life to the coating; three to five years. A Ceramic Coated vehicle can benefit from using similar type products specific to Ceramic Coatings to help maintain the coatings hydrophobic properties and it's longevity, but you don't have to.

In the Adam's Polishes line of products there is a SiO2 infused Car Shampoo called Wash & Go, a Ceramic Boost that's a sealant for a Ceramic Coating used every couple of months, there's CS3 that's like a Detail Spray for Ceramic Coatings that can be used whenever necessary that also has some cleaning capabilities, there's also a Ceramic specific Waterless Wash I like to use in all the jambs after washing my cars. Still get the urge to wax your car? There's a Ceramic Liquid Wax in Adam's product line that's very easy on/off that helps with hydrophobic properties and longevity.

However, you don't have to use all these. A regular Car Shampoo works just fine at keeping the car clean, and there's no problem with a traditional Waterless Wash. Ceramic Boost and CS3 can also be used on a non coated car. I use Adam's Rinseless Wash on my Ceramic Coated cars with no issue. The only ones to be careful of are traditional Detail Sprays and waxes, some of them won't play nice with a Ceramic Coating due to some of their ingredients: silicone, natural carnauba and montan. I've been told Adam's Ceramic Boost doesn't work well with all Ceramic Coatings, so (as with any) try in an inconspicuous area before hitting the entire car.

The benefits of having a car Ceramic Coated will only be realized once you've got one coated. I've coated my garage queen, my two personal vehicles, my company car and my oldest daughter's car. I'll coat every car I own from here on out. Or until something better comes along.
Just curious if you are self coating or having a professional product applied.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #16
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I just had paint correction and ceramic applied last weekend and my detail guy said to use Reset by Car Pro.
Attached Images

cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just stay away from spray detail and stuff with polish or wax in them.

You don't want any build up on top of your Ceramic coat. Defeats the purpose

Waterless wash and for the heavy job the normal soap wash. Then dry.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #18
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Just curious if you are self coating or having a professional product applied.
Self applied. It really isn't that hard. The prep work takes the most time.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #19
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfosceola View Post
I just had paint correction and ceramic applied last weekend and my detail guy said to use Reset by Car Pro.

Curious as to what you paid here in FL, and how good/bad was your paint to start with?

Thanks,
Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:28 AM   #20
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Curious as to what you paid here in FL, and how good/bad was your paint to start with?

Thanks,
Jim
It wasn't bad but you could see some swirl marks in it when the sun hits the right spot. I paid $850 for 2 step correction with ceramic coating.
cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #21
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfosceola View Post
It wasn't bad but you could see some swirl marks in it when the sun hits the right spot. I paid $850 for 2 step correction with ceramic coating.

Thanks for the info!

Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #22
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Check out "Pan the Organizer" on youtube. He's got a lot of useful info
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote