Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > UK

Old 05-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #29
johndm

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
Update with RGS. He will not be able to be open that Sunday. So no dyno this round.

Sorry guys,
Dan
Thanks for the update, guess we will just have to eat more burgers?
johndm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:37 AM   #30
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Or take a longer cruise - It sure is fun driving through the country side in a parade of 5th Gen power...

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #31
BlackNess

Drives: Camaro SS 6.2 V8
Good day all, I had a spin out to AJs Diner today since I love all that stuff and stopped for a bite to eat.
I got talking to the lady (Ann) who works there and told her of the intended visit and a few things cropped up. There is only spaces for about 7/8 cars at a squeeze as there are motorbike lesson being given on the adjacent site. You should be able to park elsewhere near but she said it can still be busy. Also they don't keep much food as I realised as the first thing I ordered they didn't have and there was only three people eating at 13.00 on a Wed!! She suggested that you might check the menu on their website and call up prior to the day just to be sure. Other than that the food was great the staff very friendly and I bet the atmosphere fun on an event night.
Hope this helps and you all enjoy the day.
BlackNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #32
johndm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNess View Post
Good day all, I had a spin out to AJs Diner today since I love all that stuff and stopped for a bite to eat.
I got talking to the lady (Ann) who works there and told her of the intended visit and a few things cropped up. There is only spaces for about 7/8 cars at a squeeze as there are motorbike lesson being given on the adjacent site. You should be able to park elsewhere near but she said it can still be busy. Also they don't keep much food as I realised as the first thing I ordered they didn't have and there was only three people eating at 13.00 on a Wed!! She suggested that you might check the menu on their website and call up prior to the day just to be sure. Other than that the food was great the staff very friendly and I bet the atmosphere fun on an event night.
Hope this helps and you all enjoy the day.
Interesting, as this is what I received from Bill the owner

Hi john,
Our car park is fairly substantial and can hold around 40 cars comfortably, we are located on an industrial estate on the outskirts of Wellingborough. I always advise that clubs do their own reconnaissance as to the suitability of the venue on the basis that there are a few ‘ sleeping policemen ‘ humps to negotiate to get here once on the site and a few cars with lowered suspension or low pipes cannot make it to the building.
We would be more than happy to accommodate your club and with prior arrangement and notice we can cone off an area just for your vehicles, however if it is to attend one of our pre-arranged car shows this may be difficult because at times we get so popular that the car park tends to overflow and owners have to park on the service road.
Hope this helps , if I may point you in the direction of ‘AJ’S diner or AJ’s rock n roll club on FB *there are many photos not only of our facilities but also our ‘meets’ which may help you to decide if we are suitable for your needs !
Kindest regards
Bill

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having got some more input, people would much*prefer Sunday 30th July 2017, is this date still good with you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi John
That date is available and confirmed for you !
Regards
Bill
Old 05-31-2017, 12:54 PM   #33
UnrulyPirate

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro (2010) 2LT RS
I think they consider the communal car park to be "their" carpark with the lesson going on I imagine it's taken up a few bays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UnrulyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:18 PM   #34
BlackNess

Drives: Camaro SS 6.2 V8
Spot on Unrulypirate, a look at google map from above shows four oblongs north of AJ's building that were being used as bike lessons.
The four oblongs north west were the only parking and everywhere else was packed.
Maybe on a Sunday it will be quieter with most places being shut plus the possibility of the bike lessons being moved because she said it was their family business too.
Sorry I didn't mean to scaremonger, just wanted to go as I might not be there on the day.
BlackNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:53 PM   #35
johndm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNess View Post
Spot on Unrulypirate, a look at google map from above shows four oblongs north of AJ's building that were being used as bike lessons.
The four oblongs north west were the only parking and everywhere else was packed.
Maybe on a Sunday it will be quieter with most places being shut plus the possibility of the bike lessons being moved because she said it was their family business too.
Sorry I didn't mean to scaremonger, just wanted to go as I might not be there on the day.
Car show event there recently on a Sunday
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2017, 01:34 AM   #36
RickGM

Drives: 2013 SS V8 L99 Magnusson Heartbeat
Someone needs to check this out just to make sure we can be accommodated (space and food wise).
Old 06-01-2017, 02:29 AM   #37
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Saying there is not much space and they don't carry much food doesn't sound like she wants to encourage customers. :(
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:30 AM   #38
johndm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGM View Post
Someone needs to check this out just to make sure we can be accommodated (space and food wise).
I'm going there to his next car show on Sunday June 25th, so I can see the area and have a word with the owner about the Camaro5 meet.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #39
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Hi All,

CANCELLED

As the DynoMan had cancelled a while ago, and there was some doubt about the Venue's availability/offering ... I have been searching about looking to breath life into the Event ... but the area appears to be a cultural desert and I do not know the locale to formulate a drive to try and makeup for the current short-comings.
It was also proving to be quite a distance/time for many people I have chatted with.

So, be it on my head, but let's move on.

Thanks to RickGM, Pete1LE, JohnDM & DANracesloth for inputting.

James [redleader] C5UK.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #40
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Camaro5/6 at Hooters Nottingham - American Car Sunday 6th August

Last edited by redleader; 06-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:46 AM   #41
kidCOMATOSE

Drives: 2015 ZL1
So just so I'm clear this is not happening now?
Old 06-24-2017, 05:57 AM   #42
RickGM

Drives: 2013 SS V8 L99 Magnusson Heartbeat
It would appear so, no idea why.