Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #183
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah i do remember that now. they teased it for a split second the day before the actual reveal
and my unruly response was
Attached Images

Last edited by AZCamaroFan; 07-28-2018 at 07:17 PM.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #184
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
yeah i do remember that now. they teased it for a split second the day before the actual reveal
and my unruly response was
Yeah bringing that kind of comment sounds ironic now
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:09 PM   #185
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah because a bad screengrab of a Camaro that i thought looked good a day before the reveal is the same thing as 3 1/2 months of pictures , video, and live sightings of the refresh

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #186
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
yeah because a bad screengrab of a Camaro that i thought looked good a day before the reveal is the same thing as 3 1/2 months of pictures , video, and live sightings of the refresh

Again, Irony XD, You only remember That.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:10 PM   #187
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
New pics of 2019 SS in multiple colors

Wait

Let me get this straight

We have to ignore the negative first opinions of the 6th gen because they were bad pictures and you couldn’t see the lines of the car properly, but for the 6th Gen refresh this doesn’t apply?

I’m confused.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:17 PM   #188
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:

There are still people crying over on Camaro5 about how the 6th gen isn't a muscle car and GM messed it up its design. You'll never be able to please everybody.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #189
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
There are still people crying over on Camaro5 about how the 6th gen isn't a muscle car and GM messed it up its design. You'll never be able to please everybody.
Some people love all Camaros (Me, even the 74-77 ones...), Some.. not
Old 07-29-2018, 02:53 AM   #190
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Wrong - The gen5 refresh taillights received a lot of hate.

Wrong x2 - The gen6 received hate from both Camaro5 and M6G. The spoiler is ugly, the taillights are ugly, the body lines are overly exaggerated, the upper front grill to too narrow, it’s too crapped inside, the trunk/rear seat are too small. ...and my favorite...it looks too much like a gen5. #1 M6G slam was “its so ugly...”

The gen6 refresh is getting more hate then supporters but that’s hard to gauge. The overall number of gen5 and gen6 owners that think their car is the best increases each year. Also factor in that the shout down from the haters are pretty intense this round.

We now read posts from gen5 guys that HATED the gen6 but traded for one years later.
Sure, not every car is beloved from the start, but I think the 6Gen-A's hate was different than this refresh's. The source of most of the 6Gen-A's hate wasn't because it was ugly, but because it was an evolution of the 5Gen and not a wholly new design like most people were hoping for, myself included. If anything, GM took the 5Gen, put it on a diet and cranked the sexiness up to 11. Hardly a harsh criticism. On the flip side, this refresh matches the 5Gen-B's ante of Honda Prelude taillights with last generation Malibu taillights and goes all in with a fugly ass Dodge Charger front fascia.

I'm sure a lot of people will like the redesign eventually, but when a design receives initial reactions ranging from "It's hideous" (at worst) to "I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person" (at best) I consider that to be a failure. If they would've left everything else alone and just offered a 10-speed AT in the 6Gen-A, I would be creaming in my jeans. Instead, I'm considering a Stingray and a less-fugly refreshed Mustang. I turned in my GT this month; now I'm biding my time waiting for 10-speed performance numbers and hoping to see some compelling aftermarket support for the front bumper and taillights before I pull the trigger.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote