Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #43
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBoles View Post
When my MAF was unplugged the stablitrak went nuts and said it needed service but once I plugged the MAF back up all was good again except I had a CEL which prevented my remote start. The car ran fine the whole time so I did the fuse pull and that reset the CEL and everything went back to normal. Im still confused as to what Vararam was trying to tell me though. Can anyone enlighten me?
I'm starting to think that they might just be telling me that I'm an idiot for running one of these in front of my Throttle Body:
Attached Images

#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #44
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Is it april fools already? or am I missing something?
Old 09-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #45
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBoles View Post
When my MAF was unplugged the stablitrak went nuts and said it needed service but once I plugged the MAF back up all was good again except I had a CEL which prevented my remote start. The car ran fine the whole time so I did the fuse pull and that reset the CEL and everything went back to normal. Im still confused as to what Vararam was trying to tell me though. Can anyone enlighten me?
are you certain it was your MAF plug and not the TB plug? i've had the stabilitrack lights with the TB plug disconnected. its part of how the ECU it controls TQ management.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #46
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
i hope we can all agree that while Vararam may indeed sell a product that allows air to enter the engine, the people there are Snake Oil Salesmen.

Too bad the other OTR option doesn't flow.....proven with numbers in independent testing.

Hell, I don't even have my Camaro anymore, I have nothing to gain. Hopefully the rest of this thread has "opened a few eyebrows." Jon Bones Jones style?
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #47
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
I'm starting to think that they might just be telling me that I'm an idiot for running one of these in front of my Throttle Body:
Naaa, your not bud. They work in real life, I'll attest to that. But it seems that ever since that they've just been blowing smoke at folks here, no bueno. Like I've said before, I'll defend the common folk.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
BFASTNOTLAST

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
No mr white this is the top view.. Everything isint what it appears to be lol

Very nice Jason!! Loved every bit of that.

You know people consider me a troll, yes I have a dry? Sense of humor BUT I just want to open some members eyes and not feed in to the hype!

Like stated before I'm so disappointed in vararam right now. No secrets revealed many knew this.... Come on man
I didn't post here because I was reading into "hype" I simply did this to first see if it was true, and second to see who would actually step up without a 2012 and see if the outcome was the same. Video proof it was!! So at the end of the day the claim of this was a "2012 issue" and not a pre 2012 is obviously not true. Thats all. Hype is what you precieve it as, clearly we're all different here.

LIL88 other may think your a troll however, I don't think anything about you as I don't even know who you are. As for your dry sense of humor, I am surrounded by a stafff of 50 or so mechanical and aerodynamic engineers every day. It doesn't get worse than that.......

No harm no foul. Thank you Jason for stepping up with the video.

BFASTNOTLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #49
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I give you... 2012 Camaro ECM myths... (My car is a 2010)

(pardon the runny nose)

I see no significant difference at this time. Give me something else to test...
Well shit! I just spent all last night setting up my car to do this same thing

j/k

Thanks Jason for doing this.

I was going to suggest that one of us get a hold of GB to address this, since he is a GM calibration engineer. No need to bother him now.

Despite how the latest information makes you feel, for those with a Vararam intake don't worry, you still have the best street and strip air intake CURRENTLY available.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #50
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
This is very confusing to me! Why would Vararam post this without first verifying that it doesn't work on a pre '12? I have their intake on my '10 and love it! I tried 4 other brands and this is the only one that I liked for performance. They seem to know their shit but why blow smoke up our buts with a post like this? I've been critical about little88's posts but now I'm seeing the light. That's why I've held off on the wedge, I like to sit back and let the smoke clear before making purchases now! I've learned that from past mistakes! lol!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #51
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFASTNOTLAST View Post
There is always one is every crowd ^^^^. Anyhow........ It takes less effort to blow out a birthday candle than it did to kill the engine.
This just shows how sensitive Maf sensors are and has nothing to do with the big secret.

Every car with a maf dating back to the very first one in existence will do this, blow air on the maf the maf sees it as engine air flow change and adds fuel and stalls the engine.

Great Job Jason.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #52
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFASTNOTLAST View Post
I didn't post here because I was reading into "hype" I simply did this to first see if it was true, and second to see who would actually step up without a 2012 and see if the outcome was the same. Video proof it was!! So at the end of the day the claim of this was a "2012 issue" and not a pre 2012 is obviously not true. Thats all. Hype is what you precieve it as, clearly we're all different here.

LIL88 other may think your a troll however, I don't think anything about you as I don't even know who you are. As for your dry sense of humor, I am surrounded by a stafff of 50 or so mechanical and aerodynamic engineers every day. It doesn't get worse than that.......

No harm no foul. Thank you Jason for stepping up with the video.

No sir I never posted that directing it towards you personally, Id never do that. It was in general, I want others to keep their minds open, that's all. God 50 geniuses hu? Know it alls too? Lol
Imagine working with 70 other cops in Chicago lol the murder capital of the USA lol.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #53
RyanBoles

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
are you certain it was your MAF plug and not the TB plug? i've had the stabilitrack lights with the TB plug disconnected. its part of how the ECU it controls TQ management.
Yes sir, the same plug Jason unplugged in his video. I thought it was odd it would effect the stabliatrak.
RyanBoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #54
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Jason's stabilitrak light is on as well if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #55
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Jason's stabilitrak light is on as well if I'm not mistaken.
It did come on, it says it did in the video. In the video I said "The stabilitrack & traction control lights are on but that's ok, we're not gonna get crazy", but it fell in a part that I was speeding up because I was waiting for all the cars to pass.

I did this video in just 2 takes, one for each test. It was completely unrehearsed, and I didn't know what was going to happen. That was the main reason for checking the AFR so much. If it was going to get dangerously lean I wouldn't have continued, or driven the car. Having the A/F gauge to show was just an added bonus to show that nothing really changed as I did things.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 09-22-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #56
RyanBoles

Drives: 2010 2SS
So what does the MAF have to do with the stabilitrak system?
RyanBoles is offline   Reply With Quote