Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #15
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Jeff, I'll have her contact you, thanks for the reply.
I don't think she is completely against Camaros at this point, just let down. I let her drive mine and used it to teach her how to drive a manual trans which got her a bit excited about Camaros again. I don't want to speak for her but I 'think' she may be open to the idea of getting another one if there are reasonable terms.

Overall I'm not so blinded by brand loyalty that I'd push her to get another Camaro because I like them. I did mention that if she wants a similar car to look at the new mustangs since they are popular and not a bad product. I just hate to see someone disillusioned so early about a car/brand. I've bought 2 new Camaros and had good experiences with both. Its likely that if she goes to another brand and has a good experience she'll be in that camp forever. It doesn't even have to be a great experience, just adequate by comparison.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #16
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Just a FYI....these dates have not happened yet.
She has had enough experiences with this car already and, by now, is able to anticipate future problems. Just planning ahead.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Jeff, I'll have her contact you, thanks for the reply.
I don't think she is completely against Camaros at this point, just let down. I let her drive mine and used it to teach her how to drive a manual trans which got her a bit excited about Camaros again. I don't want to speak for her but I 'think' she may be open to the idea of getting another one if there are reasonable terms.

Overall I'm not so blinded by brand loyalty that I'd push her to get another Camaro because I like them. I did mention that if she wants a similar car to look at the new mustangs since they are popular and not a bad product. I just hate to see someone disillusioned so early about a car/brand. I've bought 2 new Camaros and had good experiences with both. Its likely that if she goes to another brand and has a good experience she'll be in that camp forever. It doesn't even have to be a great experience, just adequate by comparison.
Dr Evil,
Again, I truly apologize for the concerns your friend has had with her car. I have received her email and will begin to look into it further. Thanks for reaching out to us!

Jeff M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #18
Dr. Evil

Jeff, she has your information and has sent an email. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #19
Exordus

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible, Yellow
This is my fear at the moment. My brand new camaro had 1200 miles on it when I started getting a "clunking" sound in the back end. I am currently using a loaner while they try and fix the issue bit it isnt my Camaro. I love my car, its my dream car but it being in the shop after 1 month of use scares the hell outta me. This is my first Chevy product. My 11 year old F150 that I traded in was never in the shop except for inspections and routine maintanence. Just hope her story doesnt end up being my story!!
Exordus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #20
Dr. Evil

Update, she took the car in for the AC and noise from the exhaust last Monday. They still have the car in the shop and she hasn't heard anything back yet.
Just for reference, she had 79 repair days before this, she is at 87 as of today.

87 repair days since last Fall. 3 months in the shop.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
Lndryguru

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
? LEMON LAW
Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #22
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
That's just awful. Not to bash the dealer but sometimes after working on a car for a while they get tunnel vision and it's just time for a different set of eyes. Hope they get it sorted out and Manufactures have a way of making it right. They can for example pay the loan while it's been in the shop and by your data they should be covering 3 months payments.

It sucks but sometimes all these issues can be something as simple as a bad ground or poor PCM pin connection and the car is fine after that. Hope they get it sorted out soon so she can enjoy her car.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #23
Dr. Evil

Todd, I've thought of that but what dealership really wants to take over someone elses problems. Especially when they didn't make the original sale. Those kinds of places are few and far in between.

They still have her car. I think I may have to go down there with her and demand to meet with the GM.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
Dr. Evil

She got her car back. They replaced the catalytic converter and a re flash for the HVAC. We'll see how long this holds up.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
She got her car back. They replaced the catalytic converter and a re flash for the HVAC. We'll see how long this holds up.
Dr. Evil,

Thanks for your update! It's great to hear that the dealer addressed your friend's concerns and now service is complete. Please let us know how she feels the vehicle operates moving forward and don't hesitate to have her contact us if any additional questions or concerns arise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #26
Dr. Evil

I got a text from my friend yesterday. It looks like GM is going to buy the car back or do a swap with her to get her another car. I don't have all the details yet but I'll post them when I do, at least as much as is appropriate. My hope is that she just got a bad car for what ever reason and its an aberration. I hope her next car, whatever it may be, is trouble free.
I also want this whole ordeal to be not necessarily a blueprint for others on how to resolve their issues but at least show that it is possible since every situation is different.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #27
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I got a text from my friend yesterday. It looks like GM is going to buy the car back or do a swap with her to get her another car. I don't have all the details yet but I'll post them when I do, at least as much as is appropriate. My hope is that she just got a bad car for what ever reason and its an aberration. I hope her next car, whatever it may be, is trouble free.
I also want this whole ordeal to be not necessarily a blueprint for others on how to resolve their issues but at least show that it is possible since every situation is different.
Glad to see GM doing the right thing!