fixed
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #464
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
This was from Z284ever's post on GMI forums. I didn't speak wth Al O.
That's very good info... I knew they (or anyone else) wouldn't have used MRC for these (track) cars if it didn't actually improve performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
fixed

Although that might be a bit too low for my tastes.
crankaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #465
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
No Freaking Way the SS 1LE comes in under 40K. The 1SS is already 37,295. No freaking way they make this package for under 40K
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #466
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No Freaking Way the SS 1LE comes in under 40K. The 1SS is already 37,295. No freaking way they make this package for under 40K
That's what I was thinking. If the 1LE was the same cost as the previous package, it would already go over $40k.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #467
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That's what I was thinking. If the 1LE was the same cost as the previous package, it would already go over $40k.
Maybe the OP meant under $50k..?
crankaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #468
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
Maybe the OP meant under $50k..?
That's quite a big spread. I'll ask though.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #469
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
fixed
I personally wouldn't lower the car that much but it still looks miles better than stock ride height
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #470
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. If this thing is under $40k, my decision will be super easy!
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #471
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
I personally wouldn't lower the car that much but it still looks miles better than stock ride height
its not so easy to find the correct height
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #472
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't believe Chevy has ever offered a rear seat delete on the 5th or 6th-gen Camaros. This isn't a "stripper" car...it still has A/C, leather, power everything, HUD. The 1SS is actually quite well equipped...but it is "focused"...meaning that anything from the 2SS trim that didn't contribute to the performance of the car, they left out.
I mean, either way you slice it, you have to admit this is a really hard argument to make here. How can you say that power seats have anything to do with performance of the car?

You know what my bet is? Most people who buy the 1LE won't track it and will demand an upgraded sound system. Just like most people who bought the SS admitted they would never track it and demanded that they have an option to get rid of the stock spoiler, even if it did contribute to aero. Well guess what? Now you can order the blade spoiler for the SS despite every engineer at GM previously saying this wouldn't be allowed. Maybe the biggest testament to all this is that the 1LE, a performance oriented car, comes with the blade spoiler too. Why? Market appeal. They can talk about performance until they're blue in the face, then go ahead and do the opposite of what they claimed they'd never do once they realize they alienated the real audience of buyers versus their imagined target audience.

At the end of the day, GM will bend to the demand of the market even if their original intent was to appeal to the hardcore enthusiast. They won't leave money sitting on the table, and a 2SS 1LE that's fully loaded is *a lot* of money to leave off the table.

Mark my words, by the time this launches, they will reverse their course on some of these decisions. You will probably be able to get a 2SS 1LE.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #473
-Rooster-

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes, but what are they actually selling for. Under $40k invoice has been my hope all along.
-Rooster- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #474
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I mean, either way you slice it, you have to admit this is a really hard argument to make here. How can you say that power seats have anything to do with performance of the car?

You know what my bet is? Most people who buy the 1LE won't track it and will demand an upgraded sound system. Just like most people who bought the SS admitted they would never track it and demanded that they have an option to get rid of the stock spoiler, even if it did contribute to aero.

At the end of the day, GM will bend to the demand of the market even if their original intent was to appeal to the hardcore enthusiast. They won't leave money sitting on the table, and a 2SS 1LE that's fully loaded is *a lot* of money to leave off the table.

Mark my words, by the time this launches, they will reverse their course on some of these decisions. You will probably be able to get a 2SS 1LE.
You really took the words right out of my mouth. They are leaving money on the table on this one. In fact, if the package is the same price on bot h1SS and 2SS, they'll make more money on the 2SS 1LE package because the 2SS already has some items are are added to the 1SS 1LE package (HUD) and some items they remove (leather seats) cost more than what the parts that replace them cost to begin with on the 1SS (cloth seats).
Old 02-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #475
Doggman

Drives: 350Z 6MT
Quote:
fixed

Too filthy. Take my money now.

On a serious note what are the particulars on dropping an MRC equipped Chevrolet. So far I've read that you can do a 1" drop via lowering springs without too many known adverse effects but that is debatable.

What about completely gutting the entire MRC system and replacing with something like KW Clubsports? I'm assuming something will have to be done about the computer that is expecting signals from the shocks but is the suspension geometry any different? Same control arms, links, mounting hardware etc between MRC and non-MRC?
Doggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #476
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggman View Post

Too filthy. Take my money now.

On a serious note what are the particulars on dropping an MRC equipped Chevrolet. So far I've read that you can do a 1" drop via lowering springs without too many known adverse effects but that is debatable.

What about completely gutting the entire MRC system and replacing with something like KW Clubsports? I'm assuming something will have to be done about the computer that is expecting signals from the shocks but is the suspension geometry any different? Same control arms, links, mounting hardware etc between MRC and non-MRC?
I'm sure you'll have to do something because I think if there is an MRC issue it limits your car to 85mph (to keep you from going back in time )

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=12

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums