Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #29
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Are there any dealerships in the San Francisco south bay area (San Jose) that know how to add the PDIM/USB port? And can they hook it up to a leather steering wheel with the audio controls?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Future PDIM Compatibility With More Than iPod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Yeah I know...when you leave it up to engineers, that's what you get
Codeman - I just got the PDIM installed in my 1SS (Henderson Chevy in the Las Vegas area - first time they did it but it went well). HW=CC, FW=CE. My song collection is greater than 2,500. I was hoping to use an existing Zune or USB Flash Drive, but apparently neither is an option. If the Zune has to index for an hour every time the vehicle starts, its of no use to me.

I read in this FAQ that the PDIM supports iPods much better. Plugged in my daughter's 4th gen 16gb nano and it worked perfectly. No indexing and everything was immediately available. Yay!

Any plans for future firmware to truly support other digital players like the Zune or Sansa the same way it does the iPod - with all the indexing being handled by the player? I really don't want to drink the Apple koolaid.

Thank you for participating in the forum and offering to answer questions like this.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #31
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
Codeman - I just got the PDIM installed in my 1SS (Henderson Chevy in the Las Vegas area - first time they did it but it went well). HW=CC, FW=CE. My song collection is greater than 2,500. I was hoping to use an existing Zune or USB Flash Drive, but apparently neither is an option. If the Zune has to index for an hour every time the vehicle starts, its of no use to me.

I read in this FAQ that the PDIM supports iPods much better. Plugged in my daughter's 4th gen 16gb nano and it worked perfectly. No indexing and everything was immediately available. Yay!

Any plans for future firmware to truly support other digital players like the Zune or Sansa the same way it does the iPod - with all the indexing being handled by the player? I really don't want to drink the Apple koolaid.

Thank you for participating in the forum and offering to answer questions like this.
There's no plans to get past the 2500 song limit with the current PDIM module. Apparently that will require new hardware. Your Zune shouldn't take that long to index, especially not each time. The first index will be longer but once it's done that it should only take a couple minutes, max. If you connect another device it will lose the previous index entirely so make sure you're not swapping devices in between.

As far as I'm aware, other devices do not provide an index to the car at all so there's nothing for them to use. It's not out of the question that a future PDIM (software and/or hardware) could have a legit indexer instead of the junk it has now and it would resolve the problems (including the 2500 song limit) but it would still be up to the PDIM to handle the index. Fingers crossed. Hopefully sooner than later.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #32
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Quote:
What audio devices does my car support?
All models come with the Auxiliary input. This allows you to plug in any music playing device that can connect to a pair of normal headphones. You’ll likely just need a male-male 1/8th inch stereo cable.
is that true tht all model come with aux input? I have a ls n I'm assuming that the Jack would be in the armrest compartment. In mine there's just a small cover there with no input Jack. Anyways i'm just wondering how much will it run me if I want yo add aux input Jack to the ls. The stereo does have an aux button.

Last edited by spyder; 03-27-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Quote
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #33
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
If you are talking about a stereo input jack, yes the LS does have one. If you are talking about a USB input jack, No the LS doesn't have one, but it can be added.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #34
spyder

Where is the input Jack for the stereo?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #35
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Inside the armrest storage area in console.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #36
spyder

Ok I'll post a picture of it sometime later today bro. There's just a cover there.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #37
spyder

Nvm I got it thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #38
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Just curious... my phone (HTC HD2) easily paired with the car's bluetooth system allowing me to do the hands free thing... here is the problem, when the phone rings, if I try to answer it using the menu/select knob I can't. I also cannot answer the phone using the button on the steering wheel.... I can answer the phone if I actually answer the call via the phone BUT it continues to ring through the car's bluetooth system even when the connection has been made and I am holding a conversation. I can only end the call using the button on the mirror..... is that weird or what?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #39
Dan55

Drives: Intimidator camaro!
How do you get it to play "playlists" on an ipod touch??? when ever I hook it up, it starts with the very first song on my library, and I dont have an option to choose play lists (also it wont let me pick music when I have it plugged in) I have to do it all from the head unit in the car, and I didnt see a way to go through playlists?
Dan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #40
Dan55

Drives: Intimidator camaro!
nvm... figured it out
Dan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #41
Risquee
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformer SE
Quote:
For more details on which MP3 players are compatible, see this PDF.
The link doesn't seem to be working. Can you repost it please?
Purchase Date: 6/4/2010
Risquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #42
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risquee View Post
The link doesn't seem to be working. Can you repost it please?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...97887%E2%80%9D