Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-20-2021, 01:08 PM   #29
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
One thing I've been wondering about all the 392 and the Hellcats wrecking is that Dodge gives out credit to literally anyone walking and breathing. hence people not mature get these things and can't handle them.
I think you are confusing Dodge with Ford Credit. They will literally extend financing to a dog if that dog came in with a W2 and a valid license.
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:12 PM   #30
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future1LEa10 View Post
I think you are confusing Dodge with Ford Credit. They will literally extend financing to a dog if that dog came in with a W2 and a valid license.
I don't think that's true at all. to my knowledge, Ford has the highest credit score requirement for A tier out of any of the American manufacturers. Back when I sold GMC I had people high 680+ who couldn't get A tier with Ford but came back A1 with GM immediately
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:06 PM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
I don't think that's true at all. to my knowledge, Ford has the highest credit score requirement for A tier out of any of the American manufacturers. Back when I sold GMC I had people high 680+ who couldn't get A tier with Ford but came back A1 with GM immediately

The auto loan isn't the hard part to get, it's the interest rate. More than glad to give you that loan at 15 percent interest!!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #32
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
The auto loan isn't the hard part to get, it's the interest rate. More than glad to give you that loan at 15 percent interest!!
I don't think any manufacturer backed financing arm has rates that high. typically they consider it too risky and would rather just get you picked up by a third party.

highest rate I've personally seen is 10.99 with Nissan. Dodge could be different since they are basically in bed with Santander according to an article in a different thread on this topic.

of course I can only relay my personal experiences.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:19 PM   #33
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Is 680 considered "high" to some...? I don't know the typical cutoffs for Tier 1's, but I think I would have a stroke if I got anywhere near 700 let alone 680.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #34
zaimer

Quote:
Yes and no. You must be able to prove income, to some degree, and a person's DTI ratio is quite important to most lenders.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #35
zaimer

Quote:
I don't think any manufacturer backed financing arm has rates that high. typically they consider it too risky and would rather just get you picked up by a third party.

highest rate I've personally seen is 10.99 with Nissan. Dodge could be different since they are basically in bed with Santander according to an article in a different thread on this topic.

of course I can only relay my personal experiences.
10.99?!? You might as well purchase the card using a credit card.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:23 PM   #36
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Yes and no. You must be able to prove income, to some degree, and a person's DTI ratio is quite important to most lenders.

Income isn't hard to prove. Last car loan I got I just told them I'm self employed, gave them a ball park of my income and that was it. 4.8 percent since it was a used car. Might been able to got a bit better via my bank though but I didn't feel like going through all that trouble.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #37
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
Is 680 considered "high" to some...? I don't know the typical cutoffs for Tier 1's, but I think I would have a stroke if I got anywhere near 700 let alone 680.
in today's lending world 680 is considered medium-high. 680 with low DTI and no late payments is typically good enough to get A1 with GM (at least it was 5 years ago) but Ford typically wouldn't do A tier without a score above 700, 690 if you have like no other debts
Old 07-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #38
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
Income isn't hard to prove. Last car loan I got I just told them I'm self employed, gave them a ball park of my income and that was it. 4.8 percent since it was a used car. Might been able to got a bit better via my bank though but I didn't feel like going through all that trouble.
I'm not sure what bank you went through.. but that doesn't sound accurate unless you have a high credit score and put a large chunk down.

self-employed usually needs at least a prior year W2 and bank statements to show current earnings/reserves
Old 07-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #39
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm not sure what bank you went through.. but that doesn't sound accurate unless you have a high credit score and put a large chunk down.

self-employed usually needs at least a prior year W2 and bank statements to show current earnings/reserves
I had a lot down. I had 12,500 trade in and also put 6 grand cash down on top of that so total of 18,500 down payment on a 31,200 car.

I suspect a lot don't put much down and that's how you hear about these 700 buck car payments.

I mean I could have showed I had 38k in just my savings account alone.

My payment is 250 a month. Was going to do 4 or 5 year loan but at the time the interest rate on 6 years was about the same. Finance manager said do the 6 for cheaper payments and just pay it off whenever I want . Probably in 2 years I'll pay the car off when I trade it in or keep it as a second car.

My coyote I had 220 a month car payment for 4 years. Paid it off almost a year early
Old 07-21-2021, 06:54 AM   #40
zaimer

Quote:

Income typically isn't all that difficult to prove, but it has to BE THERE is what I'm saying. Don't think you're going to walk in and purchase a new 911, finance it for $1,500/month when you gross $12/hr at 40 hours a week.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:02 AM   #41
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
I saw this old thread while on google searching for times. Did this forum user really pull off 3.6 seconds in a SS AND A8????

I know Car and Driver pulled off 3.9 seconds in a 2019 Camaro SS as well as the 2016 Camaro SS as well I recall too. Faster 1/4 mile I've see with the LT1 engine was 11.9 seconds I could find.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470402
The onboard timer relies on the speedometer. We are talking here a front engine, rear wheel drive car with a forward weight bias and a lot of torque/power, meaning wheelspin happens easily on street tires. Therefore, the times that people claim from a speedometer-based timer are suspect. When you see an SS M6 with just a catback claim 3.6, you should realize that it's probably bogus.

Below is a visual aid on the speedometer. Green is speedometer, yellow is driven wheel sensor, magenta is undriven wheel sensor. Note how wheelspin makes a speedometer reading that the car is not actually doing at that time. Going back from that '60' to where the speedometer read zero, the time interval was 2.985 sec. On 4 year old plain street tires, yeah, right. See what I mean about the speedometer getting fooled? Those timers don't analyze the data, they see '60' and there you go. Using a data system like this however, we can see the obvious problem with wheelspin, so we know that the 'time' between the 2 speedometer readings was not meaningful.

Name:  wheelslip.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  51.1 KB
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #42
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Income typically isn't all that difficult to prove, but it has to BE THERE is what I'm saying. Don't think you're going to walk in and purchase a new 911, finance it for $1,500/month when you gross $12/hr at 40 hours a week.
Dodged is known to finance anyone and everything. Look at all the idiots on the ghetto buying 392 challengers and wrecking them daily