Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2022, 06:20 AM   #29
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsSS View Post
I don't know if this works as I haven't tried it but here goes. Go to Lowes and buy 2 plastic pipe end caps and a short straight length of pipe. Drill a hole in one end cap and install a shrader valve. Take 4 new sensors and put them inside the pipe and glue the end caps on. Put air in via the installed shrader valve. Toss the assembly in the trunk and program the TPMS. I've never tried this but was told it works great, when mine start going bad I will be trying this.
Each sensor must be programmed individually and in the correct sequence to learn it's location on the car. I don't see how that method could possibly work.
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:00 AM   #30
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Each sensor must be programmed individually and in the correct sequence to learn it's location on the car. I don't see how that method could possibly work.
Is it true that the sensors have to be woken up from sleep by the wheel movement? Think this would be another reason why the sensors don’t stay connected when trying this tube method.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:12 AM   #31
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Is it true that the sensors have to be woken up from sleep by the wheel movement? Think this would be another reason why the sensors don’t stay connected when trying this tube method.
I'm not 100% sure but I know when I add air to a tire and wait about a minuet
or so the rcdlr updates the pressure without the car being moved. I will have to check on that.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:15 AM   #32
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Yes you are correct:

When the vehicle is stationary, the sensors internal shock sensor is inactive which puts the sensors into a Stationary state. In this state the sensors sample tire pressure once every 30 sec and do not transmit at all if the tire pressure does not change. As vehicle speed increases, the shock sensor pulses every wheel rotation, which puts the sensor into Rolling mode. The remote control door lock receiver receives and then sends the tire pressure and temperature data to the body control module (BCM). The BCM translates the data contained in the tire pressure sensor radio frequency transmissions into sensor presence, sensor mode, and tire pressure. Once vehicle speed is greater than 40 km/h (25 MPH), the sensors begin to transmit once a minute keeping the pressure data up to date.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #33
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure but I know when I add air to a tire and wait about a minuet
or so the rcdlr updates the pressure without the car being moved. I will have to check on that.
correct. in fact i had to pump all my tyres up the other day. took about 5 minutes of driving to update the pressure info.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:37 PM   #34
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Like I said I never tried it so don't know if it will work, sounds like it won't.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:13 PM   #35
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Great heads-up... Than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
On the sensors I've seen, the battery is molded into the sensor and can not be replaced.

Just looked up how to replace the battery and they can be replaced but holy hell. $4-$5 for a battery plus all the hassle of tearing it apart, re-soldering the battery, then buying the special silicon and plastic that won't mess up the sensor to re-mold the silicon and the plastic, or order oem sensors off Amazon for $6-$7 each.
I'm due to replace the two front tires, and was looking into the TPM Sensors issue, 'cause the two front ones failed after 12 years of ownership (one did some eight months ago and the other about 4 months earlier).

Your comment is great advice. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2022, 09:11 PM   #36
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Quote:
I believe what they did was program them then put them in the pressure vessel together. They claimed it worked fine. Its been a while since I ran across it so I'm not sure where I seen it. I'm going to be trying this when mine stop working. Things are just getting out of hand expensive to get even the basics done on a car anymore. Personlly I may jusy say hell with it and push the little button every time I use the car. The led doesn't bother me because I can't even see it anymore! HA (i have in the past took the cluster out and made the bothersome led's go to sleep permanently.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote