Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #43
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Very nice work work Ruby- your car is looking great!!

The mods will come faster now I predict!

Suspension upgrades are gonna blow you away with their results!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #44
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I took Ruby out for a nice ride today. It was hard to hold her back. she did NOT want to go in town speeds of 30-45. When we got out of town I wanted to punch it just a little. When I did.......................HOLY CRAP ! I didn't even have the pedal close to half way down & in a flash she hit almost 6000 rpm so I quickly backed off. I needed to re-learn how to drive her. Ruby & I are both re-learning now. I was very careful with accellerations after that. The engine is sounding better too. I am trying to download a video clip Andy made of how she sounded when we first started her up. She sounded kind of rough then. I'll try to get another clip of her sound when I get enough miles on the new mods for the re-learn. I probably have logged about 40 mi already. I'll post the video whenever it loads (probably middle of the night or in the morning ). Me thinks the drag strip is going to be REALLY fun this weekend!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
Redliner1960

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS White w/Orange Stripes
Nice... glad it's coming around! Good luck at the strip!

CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catchcan, Pro Art Vinyl Front and Rear, MRT V-2 Axleback Exhausts,Oracle lighting and American Racing Torque Thurst Wheels
Team LLT - Proud Member of NEOCC
Redliner1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #46
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I took Ruby out for a nice ride today. It was hard to hold her back. she did NOT want to go in town speeds of 30-45. When we got out of town I wanted to punch it just a little. When I did.......................HOLY CRAP ! I didn't even have the pedal close to half way down & in a flash she hit almost 6000 rpm so I quickly backed off. I needed to re-learn how to drive her. Ruby & I are both re-learning now. I was very careful with accellerations after that. The engine is sounding better too. I am trying to download a video clip Andy made of how she sounded when we first started her up. She sounded kind of rough then. I'll try to get another clip of her sound when I get enough miles on the new mods for the re-learn. I probably have logged about 40 mi already. I'll post the video whenever it loads (probably middle of the night or in the morning ). Me thinks the drag strip is going to be REALLY fun this weekend!
That is what I like to hear!

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #47
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Very nice work gals. I love to see people work on their own cars and enjoy the results. See you this weekend.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #48
RubyCamaro
Jan

For sure, looking foward to seeing you this weekend Jason! Wanna race?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #49
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Just do your best to keep that intake cool (which is what the ice-olator does of course) but if the car sits too long, it will still heat soak. Hopefully when the car is running and the air is flowing through that will cool it down a bit quicker...and we all know that should equal better 1/4 mile times!

Good luck!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #50
RubyCamaro
Jan

Except this is just an 1/8 mi track, but it is still fun!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Still
Old 10-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #52
RubyCamaro
Jan

Okay finally here is the clip of the sound of Ruby's engine right after the installs:
Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #53
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that. With a longer track high HP cars have a greater advantage. They can screw up the launch and still have room to reel you in. A shorter track favors good drivers.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #54
RubyCamaro
Jan

Wow! Can Ruby ever Goooooooooooooo now! I took her out for another ride today. I have put about 65 mi on her since the mods now. It was REALLY windy today and sometimes when I punched it, it almost felt like she was trying to get a bit loose, but I think it was just the wind & not being used to how fast she can accellerate now. I can't wait to really put the pedal to the metal & feel her roar. Hurry up Saturday!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #55
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Wow! Can Ruby ever Goooooooooooooo now! I took her out for another ride today. I have put about 65 mi on her since the mods now. It was REALLY windy today and sometimes when I punched it, it almost felt like she was trying to get a bit loose, but I think it was just the wind & not being used to how fast she can accellerate now. I can't wait to really put the pedal to the metal & feel her roar. Hurry up Saturday!
Get'em!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
We just got finished with the new mods;Done 2 Girls Garage style. Thanks, Karen!!!!!!!!! She did most of it to tell the truth. I mostly watched. Well, by the time it was over, it became 2 girls & 2 guys garage as hubby helped some & another Camaro comrad, Andy came by & helped too. It all went pretty well. Just a few minor problems nothing major at all. Here are a couple of pics for now. I'll post up more & maybe a few little video clips tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot to mention the mods for those who have not read them a bunch of times in other threads: Ported throttle body, waterbottle relocation & air scoop (to go with the previously installed Cold Air Inductions cold air intake), and Black Iceolator (all with big thanks to Apex Chase) and painted mainfold Thanks to Karen (Heaven_is_inferno_orange) for the painting & installation help.
Turned out awesome!! Great job ladies!! I love watching you car come along and how much you enjoy modding and racing it, you are a true enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Nice job on the manifold paint. I got that same intake in a box in my room. Gotta install it sometime.
Only takes 20 minutes for permagrin, get it installed! Thanks for choosing CAI Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote