Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
2014 SIM 1SS/1LE Search & Build Thread

PIC HEAVY!! I was without a hot rod for a couple years before my '14 1LE. So a bit of a (long) story on the road to my 1LE. Build posts to come down the line. Thanks for reading.

For most of my driving years I have owned a V8 RWD car and some of them were to be built for speed. My first car was a 250 ci straight six '75 Nova. I ended up completely redoing that car and installed a Summit Racing Equipment 350 crate engine.

Then I got a good paying job in '94 and had my sights on a '95 Z28. Ordered that one on St. Paddy's day 1995 and received it 5/5/95. Did all the bolt ons, installed AFR heads and a solid roller cam and ran a spinning 12.04@120, stock short block, unported intake. Then I found open track road racing, switched that car over, C5 brakes, Strano springs/bars, Konis, Torsen and back to a hydraulic cam. Track days at the Beav' (Pitt Race), loved 'em.
Name:  Z28 SB Image 9 27 08 13.jpg
Views: 9623
Size:  77.8 KB

About that time the Pontiac G8 came out and I was like, damn that is nice. I went and test drove a GT. What a difference to the antiquated GM stuff I had been driving. I just thought it was time for something different. What a wonderfully balanced car, great power, a rock solid, compliant yet firm chassis, an awesome (GM!) interior, quiet when it needed to be, great looks. A perfect balance of everything and it fit the entire family. A "Family Man's Hot Rod" I said. I traded in my Frontier on an '09 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT, sold the '95 Z28. Also bought an older Silverado.
Name:  DSC05470.jpg
Views: 8164
Size:  158.5 KB

Forward to late 2010 and as a family, we wanted to do some things to the house and vacations. I mentioned to my wife I want to trade the G8 and the Silverado on a 2010 Sierra ( I always liked that generation of Sierras), her response was "let me guess you want one of those new Camaros". I said no, (more on that later) it'll free us up for those other things. She doesn't hold tight when it comes to cars, I pretty much get free reign on all those car decisions, which realistically is BAD!
Name:  DSC00295.jpg
Views: 7622
Size:  114.4 KB

I really loved that car, like I said it was damn near perfect. But I ended up getting an awesome trade in on it and the Silvy. A salesman at the dealer I went to saw that G8 coming down the road, I just happened to turn in, it was his destiny, and we all worked a deal. He wanted it bad.

So the '10 Sierra was my new hot hod. I still have it and plan on keeping it. I did a few things to it, you know some of us just can't leave well enough alone!

When the first opportunity to see the new Camaro came about, me, my two oldest boys and my bro-in-law drove 35 miles to see one. An IOM SS. Nice I thought, but a few things turned me completely off. This is subjective so no offense to those who have the early models. Rear diffuser, exhaust tips, steering wheel, dash, seats, mail slot! By that time exceptional chassis dynamics was the biggest criteria for any fun car. And the reviews of the new Camaro were so, so. So Gen 5 Camaro, off the radar.

Until model year 2012 and the ZL1 GM changed alot and it suited me, but out of my league price wise.

I saw the news about 1LE option released at SEMA, and I knew the history. When I ordered my '95 me and my salesman went down the list of options, and the 1LE then was about $250 if I remember correctly. I said no, I'm going to drag race this thing !!!!! That was a mistake as I would later realize
I thought the newest 1LE was great. Kinda on the radar.....

Maple Grove, PA NHRA Keystone Nationals October 2013. Chevrolet had their display at the midway. An IOM 1LE, IOM ZL1, and a CRT Impala LTZ. I actually walked past the 1LE towards the ZL1. I did not realize it was a 1LE because the hood was up and I had blinders on zoning in on the ZL1. I went back over late afternoon and Chevrolet closed up shop but the cars were still out, in the clear evening skies. That IOM was on fire, wow did it look great. It was all I could think about on the 4 hour or so trip back home.
Name:  DSC08661.jpg
Views: 7648
Size:  144.5 KB

About that time my dad's neighbor bought a '13 ZL1, and you'd nail it if you said it was an IOM! Carbon Fiber Insert. The day I saw it, late evening autumn sun, he just finished washing it, again it looked amazing. He ended up selling it a few months later, his wife wanted to buy a house. EDIT! He recently (5/2015) bought a new black ZL1! He told me after seeing my 1LE last summer he was looking for another! HA, HA, He missed it

A few weeks later while traveling 20 miles south of home I stopped at a Chevrolet dealership as I normal do, just to see what they have. They had a loaded '14 2SS Red Hot 1LE, no Recaros, outside. I looked it over and here comes the green young salesman "that's a carbon fiber hood!" Uhh no, no it's not. he offered for me to take it for a ride. Didn't really get to go where it deserved, but I though OK maybe a '14. Wasn't too sure about the new tail, front was good for me.

I stopped at my local Chevy Dealership where we bought a '12 Traverse. Did a search for a 1SS '13, nothing. Found out the owner has a '13 2SS/1LE in IOM
Cover Chevrolet, they get it.

So between daily searches on the net, drooling here on the C5 forums, working my wife ha, Hell, I was planting the seed in October 2013!
spring sprung and I'm thinking about a '14. Every gripe I had with the 10-13's was fixed even the seats! But I better sit in some Recaros. I traveled 73 miles to sit in a '14 ZL1 with Recaros. Financially, we still had the Traverse payments. My wife is a stay at home mom, I make damn good money but hated the thought of two payments. I knew overtime was going to be crazy early 2014 and that was going to be the downpayment to make it happen. Was still working the wife.....

Saw my salesman April 4th when I took the Traverse in for a recall. "You still hot on a 1LE?" I said yes but it wasn't time. Shit, I gotta get my wife on board. She's almost there Time is ticking. You guys know "when the (her) mood is right......"

I called off work 4/10, bronchitis, lost my voice. My salesman called that morning. He said the had an allocation on a '15. A 15!?? Already?? I knew when pricing was going to be released on the 15s, I did not want any surprises. I told him I'm looking at a '14 in Bedford, Indiana, and talking to Becky @ Rodgers. I told him sorry my voice was bad.

Then I started to think, ahhh, maybe I'll go down and talk to him Friday or Saturday. I had more questions. I got there late Friday afternoon and he left for the day, So I went back Saturady. He was with another customer and ended up talking to the sales manager. He said they did the order on a 2014 SIM 2SS/1LE but they had till Tuesday if they wanted to make changes. That makes sense, it was on a 2014 not a 2015. Wew, glad I stopped!!!! By then the wife was in. Damn, I still do not know what color! I said I'll see you Monday, we will make it happen.

No IOM in '14 and really I thought "will I still think it is bitchin' in a few years?" So it was down to black, red, silver and grey. My G8 was black, and never, ever again with black, way too much work. The Ashen Grey is great but I do not like how it changes color, If Chevrolet had the old dark gunmetal grey that would've been it. My wife wasn't thrilled about the Red Hot. I figured I had gotten this far I wasn't going to push it But with more time........

Time had run out, Silver Ice it was. My Sierra was silver, looks great in bright sunshine, doesn't show dirt, nice contrast with black hood, low production #s adding some minor rarity. Order placed and in GM system Tuesday. SIM/1SS/1LE/NPP/Recaros. Exactly what I wanted

Last edited by cdb95z28; 05-15-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: edit
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
cdb95z28

EDIT 2020:
The following post mentions Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet in Michigan. As some of you know Becky was an awesome ambassador of not only Camaro but of Chevrolet. She gave all of us her time in letting us know where our ordered cars where in GM's system and answered any dealer/ordering/financial questions we may have had. An outstanding professional, she was quick with replies and showed the same, if not more, enthusiasm for the hobby. She passed away in June of 2020. God Bless, Becky!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  69.4 KB

Thanks to Becky @ Rodgers, like most of us who ordered one, I was well informed on the status because of her dedication to everyone here. During the entire search process Becky was great, what a professional. The long distance from Johnstown, PA to Woodhaven, Michigan was just too big of a wrinkle to make a purchase along with the timing and color indecision. The winter of '13-'14 was brutal so any thought of picking up or having one delivered was muted. I was a bit hot on a used '13 Red Hot 1LE she had (former owner was here on the forums). It was then GM Mastercard sent out the top off points so I started to seriously think about a '14. I told her that I had some loyalty to Cover Chevrolet and the allocation timing ended up being just right. But, again, if you are considering a purchase from her you are getting a class act. Thank You Becky for all the help!

I knew by the end of May it was on its way. I completed the paperwork Saturday 5/31. I got the call 6/2. Pics from my salesman:
Name:  OUR SS 1LE FIRST PIC.jpeg
Views: 7958
Size:  140.5 KB
Name:  OUR SS 1LE SECOND PIC.jpeg
Views: 7830
Size:  123.1 KB
Name:  OUR SS 1LE THIRD PIC.jpeg
Views: 8076
Size:  144.0 KB
Last pic shows the owner of the dealership and owner of the '13 IOM 1LE. He was looking it over to see if GM did any 1LE badging. He was disappointed.

They were not going to get the splitter on that day, and after seeing a few mangled splitter installs here and in person, I said I'll do it, I'll see you tonight!

One of the other salesman has a 2012 SW ZL1, he asked me if I knew of the fuse pull mod. I said yes, and that was the first mod.
Thanks to Jonathon, Lewis, Dave, John, Denise and Jim at Cover Chevrolet in Windber, PA.
And of course, My Wife in Johnstown!

Last edited by cdb95z28; 09-24-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
cdb95z28

Mods. Some guys and girls buy a car like the Camaro and do nothing. Well, maybe they do some cosmetic stuff, and that is cool, but for me there is always room for improvement in the powertrain and chassis. Meat and potatoes. This is what makes or breaks a performance car. My '95 changed drastically with the mods I did. Old GM.

The new GM is a different animal and we enthusiasts are enjoying products that are some of (if not) the best vehicles ever produced. We are living in the Golden Age of performance and hot rodding. One of my coworkers asked me shortly after I received this 1LE, was what I wanted to change. I quickly said "MORE POWER!!" And really, that is the knee-jerk hot rodder response. But I thought about it a bit more.......Well this car is damn near perfect, from the factory!! I'm not sure I want to change much. The 1LE option is so damn awesome.

And that was after I took it on the track. Pitt Race (formerly BeaveRun). I had not done the entire track day at that point in the Camaro, just what they call is TrackCross. Turns 1-8 as fast as you can. Kinda like an autocross (solo run) and drag racing test 'n tune (timed) and open tracking (turns to put hair on your chest, no silly straight line stuff).

Poised and predictable. The 1LE makes you look like a genius. The first TrackCross, ran my best time on the last run. It had been 5 years since I was at Pitt Race. So, new car, relearning the track, figuring out tire pressures, etc. 42.650 seconds. In Competitive Mode.

Name:  DSC09730.jpg
Views: 7362
Size:  218.9 KB

BTW, Do not use the Launch Control with hot 'n sticky tires I did this once and the ring and pinion now has a slight whine......

Second time I visited, ambient temps were higher and there was a Porsche Caymen S there. He was running 42 flats. I ran a 42.105. Did I mention I love this car?

I met Green Machine there and his '14 1LE. Great to see another 1LE and talk to a great guy.

Name:  DSC09743.jpg
Views: 7383
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  DSC09745.jpg
Views: 7684
Size:  176.0 KB

So really there are a few things I would like to change:

-More power! Duh!
-Improved chassis. From the feedback here on the forums, the 1LE can be improved upon.
-Cosmetic. Just a few small things. The Gen 5 Camaro is pretty bitchin'
-Open track durability. Cooling, brakes, fluids, etc
-Driver information. I need a shift light and a real oil temperature reading.
-Clutch durability. A common issue. I did have one agressive WOT 1-2 grind on the street
-More camber! Again DUH!
-Lower stance

Last edited by cdb95z28; 04-11-2020 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Enjoyed the read. Nice 1LE!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:18 AM   #5
mezhahud

Drives: camaro
Thanks to Jonathon, Lewis, Dave, John, Denise and Jim at Cover Chevrolet in Windber, PA.
mezhahud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #6
cdb95z28

I ordered my Camaro with the priority of performance first
1SS: Lighter weight, no frills
1LE: 'Nuff said
NPP: GM has an exhaust that is worthy of not having to be replaced by aftermarket? Hell Yeah.
Recaros: Worth every penny. I modded the driver's seat in my '95 Z28 for more side bolstering. It helped, but even with a CG Lockhttp://www.cg-lock.com/autocross.html, I was not restrained. The Recaros work so well on the track that it was hours into my first event that I realized I wasn't holding myself in the seat like I was in the '95.
And having a bulged L4-5 disc, the proper seating position is critical to be pain free. The Recaros are also great there, no issues, even on a long trip. Perfection.

Since we have four other vehicles, the Camaro only comes out in nice conditions. But when it is nice, I drive it every chance I get. Since the purchase on June 2nd 2014 to November 11th I put 4000 miles on it. I guess you could say it is my daily driver weather permitting. I also had plans to take it to the track for road racing, not drag racing.

I am particular with mods (as most of us are) but I like to do them in a manner that is a bit under the radar. I like the thought of mods looking like they came from the factory, adds a certain symmetry to the entire package. But that will not limit me on options. And I do not want to crossover to mods that start to take too much driveability away. It sees more street time than track time. I guess that is coming with older age.

Mod List
Completed Mods in GREEN

Suspension
-Z/28 Multimatic DSSV Dampers, Detroit Speed Engineering Speed Kit 1 Springs and rear Anti-roll Bars
-OE 1LE Front Anti Roll Bar
-Moreno Camber Plates
-UMI Performance Roto-Joint Trailing Arms
-Detroit Speed Engineering Rear Toe Rods
-Z/28 Rear Knuckles, Part#s 23262765/23262766
-Z/28 Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings, Part #s 23104907 and 23104906
-Z/28 Front Lower Control Arms, Part#s 23105014/23105015
-JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Inserts
-Z/28 Front Wheel Bearings, ##25954415
-Homemade Front Caster Locks
-Dorman Long Wheel Studs, Part # 610-490, M14-1.5 Serrated, 15.7mm Knurl, 69.75mm Length
-Aggressive Race/Street Alignment
-Forgeline GA1R Open Lug/Deep/No Cap Wheels in Gloss Black, 19x11 at Front, 19x11.5 at Rear-Race
-Goodyear F1 SuperCar 3R 305/30-19 Tires on all four wheels-Race
-OEM 1LE Wheels with OEM Goodyear F1 SuperCar G:2 for Street, 12mm front spacer/12mm rear spacer for better stance
-AFE/Pfadt Rear Solid Subframe Mounts
-Baer Tracker Bump Steer Kit, Part# 3301018, Drilled and Tapped to 16mm x 1.5mm threads for 2014/15 Electric Power Steering Tie Rod Ends

Powertrain
-Chevrolet Performance Z/28 Cold Air Intake
-AFE/Pfadt Tri-Y Headers with Cats/Jet Hot Ultra Extreme 2500 Coating
-Homemade Skip Shift Eliminator
-RDP Motorsports Tune, 442 RWHP
-Braille B2317R Battery and matching Braille Mount #2318
-Rebuit OE TR6060 by Bowler Transmissions. Viper Vespel Shift Pads, Non-Advanced 3rd & 4th Gear, Carbon Syncros 1-4 Gear, ZR1 Pick Up Tube
-Tilton ST-246 Clutch Kit, Organic Twin Disc, Machined Aluminum Pressure Plate, Slave Assembly, Lightweight Steel Flywheel, Part# 55-1005
-Apex Catch Can
-MGW Short Throw Shifter
-Wilwood 7oz. Remote Clutch Reservoir w/ Homemade Bracket
-Tick Clutch Bleeder
-Forza 3-Way Exhaust Controller
-Auto-Blip Rev Match Controller
-Brembo DOT 4 Brake Fluid used at Clutch
-Eaton TrueTrac Differential
-Chevrolet Performance Z/28 Rear Differential Cooler
-NGK ITR6G9 Laser Iridium Plug, #90156

Interior
-Raptor Blue Shift Light
-SRP Aluminum Pedals
-Autometer 2 1/16" Cobalt Digital Oil Temp Gauge #6948/Mounted in Driver Side HVAC Vent/Ebay Gauge Adapter

Exterior
-Window Tint
-Paint Protection
-Chevrolet Performance Heritage Grille
-Z/28 Flowtie
-GrafXWorks Rear Bowtie Overlay
-ZL1 Addons Splitter Guards
-ZL1 Front Fender Air Deflectors with Aero Sport Concepts extensions
-ZL1 Rear Splash Guards
-RPI Designs Front Splash Guards
-ZL1 Belly Pan
-Aero Sport Concepts (L)Wicker Bill @ Rear Spoiler
-Diode Dynamics and Sylvania ZEVO LED Lighting

Brakes
-C7 Corvette ZO6 Non-Carbon Ceramic Front Calipers w/ Vented Pistons, repainted red with G2 Epoxy Caliper Paint. Custom 1LE and Brembo decals
-ZL1 Two Piece Front Rotors
-Goodridge Front & Rear ZL1 Brake Hose Kit
-Chevrolet Performance Z/28 Front Brake Ducts and Quantum Rotor Duct Kit with custom intake at existing fog light trim bezels
-DOT 4 Brembo HTC-64T Brake Fluid
-Raybestos ST43 Racing Brake Pads
-Girodisc Titanium Front Caliper Shims

Cooling
-Straight Water +Driven CSP
-Export Front Bumper Reinforcement
-Chevrolet Performance Z/28 Rear Diff Cooler
-Hood Baffle Removal
-Improved Racing 3 Pass Oil Cooler, #MHX-245, Improved Racing 205* Thermostat, # FSM, Mishimoto M22 Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter, #MMOP-SPM22, Custom mounting brackets, ducting/Removed OE Oil Cooler

Lubrication
-Torco RGO 85W-140 Gear Lube
-Driven STF Syncromesh Transmission Fluid
-Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 5W40/WIX WL10290XP Oil Filter
-Gold Plug @ Engine, Trans and Rear

Safety
-Simpson Race Products Hybrid S Head and Neck Restraint
-Schroth Flexi 2x2 6-Point Harness
-Modified OE Recaro Driver's Seat for use with the Schroth Harness Anti-Sub Belts

-Brey-Krause Harness Bar

Last edited by cdb95z28; 07-21-2021 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Updated info 9/2020
Old 02-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
cdb95z28

@ Pitt Race Track-X
Name:  DSC09729.jpg
Views: 7370
Size:  189.8 KB
Name:  DSC09744.jpg
Views: 7883
Size:  153.5 KB

Mike, AKA Green Machine. He is going crazy with mods on his black 1LE
Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #8
cdb95z28

More pics, some of my favorites

This ended up pretty cool, the shadows on the hood are from a basketball hoop/net
Name:  DSC09299.jpg
Views: 7239
Size:  82.7 KB

I like the flag in the windshield
Name:  DSC09344.jpg
Views: 7388
Size:  141.0 KB

Name:  DSC09347.jpg
Views: 7284
Size:  157.2 KB

Last edited by cdb95z28; 02-17-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #9
cdb95z28

Name:  DSC09394.jpg
Views: 7212
Size:  100.3 KB

Heritage Grille and modified Flowtie
Billy10mm took a great pic of his 1LE seen on post #5 his thread "Business..." http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356605
I always liked that pic but I did not quite get it to match his. He got the right angle to really show how badass the '14+ refresh is.
Name:  DSC09497.jpg
Views: 7306
Size:  151.1 KB

Last edited by cdb95z28; 02-17-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #10
cdb95z28

Speaking of Business

Name:  DSC09964.jpg
Views: 7217
Size:  170.6 KB

Name:  DSC09981.jpg
Views: 7215
Size:  74.0 KB

Last edited by cdb95z28; 02-17-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
cdb95z28

First Mods

NPP fuse pull- I see no reason to replace the Dual-Mode Exhaust and it gets better if you do the fuse pull. When the weather is warm enough, I usually use the A/C in my other vehicles, but not so in my Camaro, windows down to fully enjoy the sweet sound. Here is a link on how to do the fuse pull:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268970

Hood Vent Baffle removal- The owner's manual does state that for the Z/28 the baffle can be removed for more underhood airflow. I see no reason why this would not benefit the other models with this vent. As far a water/rain causing issues, I normally do not drive this car in the rain, and as long as you do not blast any water in the vent, there will be no problems. GM's WeatherPak electrical connectors are damn near bulletproof.

Removal is easy. Just remove the two piece push-pins, remove the baffle. You can reinstall 2 of those push-pins back into the hood liner to hold it tight to the hood. I got 7 of a different type of push pin at my local hardware store along with 7 rubber washers (as spacers) and installed them in the remaining holes in the hood, just because I thought it would look better.

Name:  DSC09303.jpg
Views: 7303
Size:  93.3 KB

Name:  DSC00418.jpg
Views: 7400
Size:  99.1 KB

Apex Motorsports Catch Can- I liked the Apex catch can and how it mounts. The only thing I did differently was add a 45* hose fitting at the top of the catch can were Apex supplies a straight. These fittings are RedHorse Performance Fittings. In keeping with an OEM look, I went with the black rubber hose. This catch can and mount are very high quality. Apex part # APX9001
Name:  DSC00416.jpg
Views: 7473
Size:  161.9 KB

Last edited by cdb95z28; 02-19-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #12
JDG1LE

Drives: None
Any reason why you chose the front mount over the block mount for your catch can? Beautiful car btw
JDG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #13
cdb95z28

Paint Protection- I had installed some paint protection/clear bra on my 2010 Sierra. I had it professionally installed on my G8. With what I learned on my Sierra and the price that places wanted to install it on my Camaro, I thought I could do it myself. All pieces were 3M Scotchguard from Ebay. I did the following:
-Front bumper cover
-Mirrors
-Gills
-Door handles
-Door edge

Everything turned out great except the front bumper cover, which with all those compound curves makes it extremely difficult. Once you start with such a large piece, there is absolutely no stopping, and you really have to think it out to get everything to line up and roll with the curves. I had installed the upper bumper cover section (adjacent to the hood) and ever so lightly trimmed it were it matched up with the other bumper cover section (below pic) I used a brand new X-Acto knife with such a light pressure, but I went through and into the paint. In disgust with the gloss of that top piece, I ripped it off exposing my knife mark for which I tried to smooth out with 2500 grit wet sand paper. I had done some wet sanding on my '95 Z28 when I rolled the rear fender lip. So I was very surprised to see how much more thin the paint was on this 1LE Needless to say, as someone who is very picky, I just laid the first imperfection of my hot rod

Name:  DSC09396.jpg
Views: 7151
Size:  76.2 KB

One note on the gills: within 100 miles of purchase of my car, I had stone marks (did not fully chip) on the area around the gills. If you have a Z/28, ZL1, 1LE, or other with sticky/wider tires, you NEED to protect the gills or they will be blasted!!! I got the gill kit on Ebay and its instructions are thorough enough for a rookie to do. It took my atleast 12 hours to do all of the above. Long frickin' day.

Window Tint- Almost every vehicle I have ever owned I tinted the windows. Tint makes the vehicles better. Look at the windows of cars in commercials, usually are tinted. It is much easier to do if you remove the windows from the doors, which sounds like a ton of work, but realistically it is easy and you can eliminate any dirt from the job and makes it easier to install the tint. I only did the door windows and the quarter windows. 35% tint from Northern Tint.

Splash Guards- Another necessity for long term protection. I like the OE ZL1 rears and liked RPI Design's fronts so I bought there 4 piece kit, part #ZL1-78. I changed how the fronts mounted so they would stay tighter on the fender edge. They work good at keeping the rocks off the side of the car.

Front Fender Wind Deflectors- Another ZL1 tidbit, adds a cool looking "racer" vibe. And they help with front downforce. OE ZL1, had to mod a little bit to work. Part #s 22895340, 22895341, From Maureen @Rodgers Chevrolet.

Last edited by cdb95z28; 09-05-2015 at 07:26 AM. Reason: input on front ZL1 fender deflectors
Old 02-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
cdb95z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6t6o View Post
Any reason why you chose the front mount over the block mount for your catch can? Beautiful car btw
I thought the Apex kit was a bit more sorted out, the fittings, and liked the front mount. I briefly looked at others and kept coming back to Apex.

Thanks for the compliment!