Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-02-2018, 01:51 PM   #29
ZZP Matt

Drives: 06 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
All jokes aside, I wasn't happy with my tune from them and I never bothered to contact them again but you definitely should bro, it doesn't make sense to lose power, while pumping higher octane and now your car is slower.
You don't seem to tell a very accurate story. From your girl's emails:

Hey Matt,

So far i am extremely satisfied with the way the car is performing. I can most definitely feel the improvement on the way the car pulls.

I have looked at the logs recorded and i am pleased with the lambda values that the car is running at, the fact that there is very little to no KR and the the car just runs amazingly. The only question i had was regarding the spark advance.

I do see that at WOT i am running a maximum of 7* and i just wanted to ask if this was normal or if there was any room for improvement as far as timing went.

All in all i am more than happy with the tune and i will be looking forward to any communication from you tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Our email chain ended with me stating that we can turn up the power a little more if desired. I never heard back. Strange that you later change your mind and talk about being unsatisfied. But... you went to your brother in law. So be it. Just don't lie about how it went down.
ZZP Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #30
ZZP Matt

Robert- I respond to your emails regularly. You also stated how well your car was running and that you were happy with the results. Why you would proceed to post on a forum that you are upset about dyno numbers and talk about possibly calling zzp is tough to understand. It should be very obvious that you can email the results to me and continue working on your tune. If you knew you were going to the dyno, you could have logged your dyno pull and sent that for review and adjustments. The fact is that these cars are fussy, and I personally know exactly why your car performed poorly on the dyno. We can discuss it, or you can have the lynch mob guiding you with bad information.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #31
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP Matt View Post
Robert- I respond to your emails regularly. You also stated how well your car was running and that you were happy with the results. Why you would proceed to post on a forum that you are upset about dyno numbers and talk about possibly calling zzp is tough to understand. It should be very obvious that you can email the results to me and continue working on your tune. If you knew you were going to the dyno, you could have logged your dyno pull and sent that for review and adjustments. The fact is that these cars are fussy, and I personally know exactly why your car performed poorly on the dyno. We can discuss it, or you can have the lynch mob guiding you with bad information.
Well said Matt. I guess the common discretion of just communicating and talking through a deeply complex solution is unheard of these days.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #32
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
You don't seem to tell a very accurate story. From your girl's emails:

Hey Matt,

So far i am extremely satisfied with the way the car is performing. I can most definitely feel the improvement on the way the car pulls.

I have looked at the logs recorded and i am pleased with the lambda values that the car is running at, the fact that there is very little to no KR and the the car just runs amazingly. The only question i had was regarding the spark advance.

I do see that at WOT i am running a maximum of 7* and i just wanted to ask if this was normal or if there was any room for improvement as far as timing went.

All in all i am more than happy with the tune and i will be looking forward to any communication from you tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Our email chain ended with me stating that we can turn up the power a little more if desired. I never heard back. Strange that you later change your mind and talk about being unsatisfied. But... you went to your brother in law. So be it. Just don't lie about how it went down.
Really not worth going back and forth, it was more of a placebo effect, the excitement of getting a tune played a huge part in what I "felt".... Given your tune did give a little but if power but not too the full potential of what could have been done
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #33
6th_gen_gino

Final words @zzwhoever 1.i got my tune fixed and didn't ask for my money back so you guys come out on top anyways...2. look at the trend of results people are getting with your tunes #dissapointedandupset
Old 07-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #34
ZZP Matt

Quote:
Really not worth going back and forth, it was more of a placebo effect, the excitement of getting a tune played a huge part in what I "felt".... Given your tune did give a little but if power but not too the full potential of what could have been done
Ahh, I understand. When you get a zzp tune, there is a placebo effect that makes you think your car is faster, but then when your brother changes the tune, it disables the placebo effect and then there is only accurate butt dyno information from there on. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bottom line- we put a customer's Camaro in the 11's within a week. You haven't reached 11s yet.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #35
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
Ahh, I understand. When you get a zzp tune, there is a placebo effect that makes you think your car is faster, but then when your brother changes the tune, it disables the placebo effect and then there is only accurate butt dyno information from there on. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bottom line- we put a customer's Camaro in the 11's within a week. You haven't reached 11s yet.
Actually put the car on a Dyno to compare which has already been covered on a thread, if I had money to throw at the car 11's would be no issue but a navy paycheck isn't the best, gotta work with what I got...loosing 500 bucks on a tune that I don't even use doesn't help either
Old 07-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #36
ZZP Matt

Quote:
Actually put the car on a Dyno to compare which has already been covered on a thread, if I had money to throw at the car 11's would be no issue but a navy paycheck isn't the best, gotta work with what I got...loosing 500 bucks on a tune that I don't even use doesn't help either
Can you send me the scan from your zzp tune dyno pull?
Old 07-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #37
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
Can you send me the scan from your zzp tune dyno pull?
I'll see if my tuner still has it
Old 07-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #38
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
You did a nice job with communication throughout the tuning process. Only difficulty we had was trying to get the credits for the mpvi2 plug to work. As for the dyno, this wasn't planned and the appointment only fell together after the tune due to people (and myself) were curious to see the results. After the last tune, the car was running smooth and I was excited to see what gains it made. It'd of been great to get a run logged on the dyno but I boxed up the interface and sent it back because I didn't want anyone to wait like I did. I don't think anyone expected to see it put down these numbers.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #39
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Just throwing in my .02 worth here, when you guys are going to the dyno, do yourself a favor and write down the actual air temp and humidity and go the extra mile and get the ever so important Density Altitude. Call automated weather line for the closest airport to where the dyno is located. They all give you the DA. Just to give you an example, it could be 80F on both your dyno days but if the baro is allot higher and the humidity lower, the DA could be 2000 to 4000ft different. That will make or break your power output. A true comparison can only be done on the same day
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #40
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:

Wow that's a real inept thing to say to someone who is 12.4 without drag slicks and an e## tune.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:15 PM   #41
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Wow that's a real inept thing to say to someone who is 12.4 without drag slicks and an e## tune.
Yea and I think I can run the same time or better with out slicks, or ethanol mix
Old 07-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #42
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Yea and I think I can run the same time or better with out slicks, or ethanol mix
I'm not doubting that. Dunno why they started a verbal war now of all times not the best option i should know been down that road with too many people on here some are good guys and we came to an understanding after things were realized. Others will never change but vendors oughta know better.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote