Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
All ZL1 owners take the prerequisite course

Great information and general basic information for owners and operators of the ZL1. I watched these today and found them very informative. A must review for any new ZL1 owner. Enjoy, and learn,.....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220554
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Great videos, I watched them twice over a few days. Not just about what there was to learn about my new Z, but taken back by the fact that GM is producing a video telling us how to prepare our cars for track days, and how to use PTM for the best launches....

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
OldScoolCamaro

...I agree, but there will be a portion of the consumer market that will benefit from these videos. I feel GM did a proactive job making these video tutorials for owners in order to help them to get their hands around what they are getting into with regards to this performance product.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Thanks T.. !! I'm still trying to keep it below 4000 rpm, but it wants to go faster! Ha, I just tapped it lightly tonight and it started to go sideways so easy. But I noticed something... IT FELT SOOO CONTROLLABLE and it made me want to go to 6,000 and get to know "more"..... the awesomeness will not truly reveal itself until break in is complete!

I'm still looking to find a wheel / tire combo that would fit in the trunk... As a safety measure. Have been looking at Weld 17" RT-S rims with a 28" x 5" wide tire as a donut (FYI). I think it would fit in the trunk. It would be in lieu of the trunk inflator mentioned in the vids.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
One video seemed incorrect on the HUD displays... it says it tells you what gear you are in... I've never seen that... just direction and outside temp is all I see on that part of the video
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
I see what GEAR I am in all the time in a couple of the settings! It's in a small square box in the HUD! Maybe it's just for the AUTO's?? (I have the auto). What I have NOT seen yet is the SHIFT INDICATOR lights! But, of course, I have not taken it above 4000 yet... so go figure! DUH
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I see what GEAR I am in all the time in a couple of the settings! It's in a small square box in the HUD! Maybe it's just for the AUTO's?? (I have the auto). What I have NOT seen yet is the SHIFT INDICATOR lights! But, of course, I have not taken it above 4000 yet... so go figure! DUH
Hmmmm I have a manual and maybe it has the shift lights and the auto doesn't and vice versa for the square box w/ gear since you should know what gear you are in in the M6 and the Auto shouldn't need a shift light unless using paddles...
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
OldScoolCamaro

^, yes , I saw something that was not current with one display as you mentioned....maybe a preproduction image, but these videos are really cool irregardless....
Old 05-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Thanks T.. !! I'm still trying to keep it below 4000 rpm, but it wants to go faster! Ha, I just tapped it lightly tonight and it started to go sideways so easy. But I noticed something... IT FELT SOOO CONTROLLABLE and it made me want to go to 6,000 and get to know "more"..... the awesomeness will not truly reveal itself until break in is complete!

Ha Ha ... I did the same thing tonight. I had the select ride in Sport and shifter in sport. I was doing around 50mph, stabbed the gas, the trans downshifted and the back tires lit right up without hesitation. To be honest it shocked the hell out of me, but it was pretty cool and sounded badazz ...