Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-16-2017, 04:42 PM   #687
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Attached Images

Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #688
Drjohn501

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I hope this the correct thread, I have a 2013 Camaro 2ss. Recently I had a Pioneer AvicAvic8100nex installed with the New PAC unit. They also installed Hertz 6.5s up frnt, Hertz 2x12s Es 300s in custom sealed box in trunk and new Hertz 950 watt amp in trunk
Problem is a constant high hiss like ground loop. They tried isolater ect. Took HU out. Noise coming from sterring wheel to amp. Tap the steering wheel it goes away.

Update:
Still having noise after Cartronics installed PAC/Avic 8100..and Hertz Speakers amp ect..

Its been blamed on everything from my RCA jacks to the Hertz Amp they installed and even the CAN sytem of my Camaro. They ordered new Hertz amp installed it. High hissing again. So I had them take out the Pioneer and test it on bench with another amp and speakers , no high sound just a low hum. They tested a new Stereo in my ride and said its my Pioneer now! I'm so pissed off. 8 trips to this place. I think its all B.S. and they f'd up my new 8100. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Drjohn501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #689
whoanelli

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohn501 View Post
I hope this the correct thread, I have a 2013 Camaro 2ss. Recently I had a Pioneer AvicAvic8100nex installed with the New PAC unit. They also installed Hertz 6.5s up frnt, Hertz 2x12s Es 300s in custom sealed box in trunk and new Hertz 950 watt amp in trunk
Problem is a constant high hiss like ground loop. They tried isolater ect. Took HU out. Noise coming from sterring wheel to amp. Tap the steering wheel it goes away.

Update:
Still having noise after Cartronics installed PAC/Avic 8100..and Hertz Speakers amp ect..

Its been blamed on everything from my RCA jacks to the Hertz Amp they installed and even the CAN sytem of my Camaro. They ordered new Hertz amp installed it. High hissing again. So I had them take out the Pioneer and test it on bench with another amp and speakers , no high sound just a low hum. They tested a new Stereo in my ride and said its my Pioneer now! I'm so pissed off. 8 trips to this place. I think its all B.S. and they f'd up my new 8100. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I feel for you. The sound customization of the 8100 really provides great options even through the stock speakers. That being said, I have had no problems with mine although my installer's ear did notice a hum. Not noticeable to my ear however. I know that doesn't help you a whole lot, but (I have a '15) perhaps you can take anything inherent in your car outside of the audio out of the equation. I also had a sub/amp installed so we share that variable as well. I hope you can get it worked out...
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #690
Drjohn501

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanelli View Post
I feel for you. The sound customization of the 8100 really provides great options even through the stock speakers. That being said, I have had no problems with mine although my installer's ear did notice a hum. Not noticeable to my ear however. I know that doesn't help you a whole lot, but (I have a '15) perhaps you can take anything inherent in your car outside of the audio out of the equation. I also had a sub/amp installed so we share that variable as well. I hope you can get it worked out...
Thank you. It's not just the noise as much as it is how much money I have in the system. I hired Cartronics to intall because I didn't want to do it myself. Opted for professional installation paid for it got screwed.
Im taking it somewhere else to get second or tgird opinion.
I'll update here for the forum.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #691
Drjohn501

Quote:
Thank you. It's not just the noise as much as it is how much money I have in the system. I hired Cartronics to intall because I didn't want to do it myself. Opted for professional installation paid for it got screwed.

Im taking it somewhere else to get second or tgird opinion.
I'll update here for the forum.
Thanks
Another question.
The 8100 has its own crossover for sub, front and rear speakers. The installers have crossovers set on the Hertz amp as well as the crossovers on Pioneer 8100 HU. From what I have been reading is thats not correct. Should I just use crossovers on HU?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:46 PM   #692
xPowdrdToastMan

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro 2SS/RS
Can someone with BA and a Pioneer 8100NEX send a pic of your EQ? I'd like to play with some examples. Thanks.

Also installing a JL Audio W7 this weekend. Hyped for that.
xPowdrdToastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #693
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wish I would have went with the next 8100 or 8200, think those are the 2 pioneers with the capacitive screen. Is one thing I love about the Sony 712hd, capacitive screen, Screen quality is very beautiful ,5v outputs, but that's about all I like about the Sony. My pioneer 3800bhs is much better with sound adjustment settings, has the nex type settings/layout. I just hate the resistive screen, makes the screen look deep and sun washes it out bad.
2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #694
xPowdrdToastMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler View Post
Wish I would have went with the next 8100 or 8200, think those are the 2 pioneers with the capacitive screen. Is one thing I love about the Sony 712hd, capacitive screen, Screen quality is very beautiful ,5v outputs, but that's about all I like about the Sony. My pioneer 3800bhs is much better with sound adjustment settings, has the nex type settings/layout. I just hate the resistive screen, makes the screen look deep and sun washes it out bad.
Yeah I got lucky with someone on Craigslist. He sold me an 8100 thinking it was a 4100. Dont know how he made that mistake since its right on the bezel. Paid $200 for mine. Couldn't be happier.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #695
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPowdrdToastMan View Post
Yeah I got lucky with someone on Craigslist. He sold me an 8100 thinking it was a 4100. Dont know how he made that mistake since its right on the bezel. Paid $200 for mine. Couldn't be happier.
Of course, it's just the bezel that says 8100........

What about the guts?

Old 05-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #696
xPowdrdToastMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
Of course, it's just the bezel that says 8100........

What about the guts?

lol, its the 8100.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:16 PM   #697
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wow great price. I would jump on that.
2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:05 PM   #698
Drjohn501

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler View Post
Wow great price. I would jump on that.
8100 for $200! Great deal! The Avic8100nex is like the Cadillac of Pioneers. Can't wait to get this noise fixed. As far as EQ settings go. I got mine set with more mids and less highs. I think Snowman was somewhat correct about the rear 6x9s being more of a filler than a necessary component. I wonder what it would it sound like with some 6.5s or 8 inch rears along with the 2x12s I have in the trunk. The Hertz 6x9s aren't that great.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #699
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Quote:
8100 for $200! Great deal! The Avic8100nex is like the Cadillac of Pioneers. Can't wait to get this noise fixed. As far as EQ settings go. I got mine set with more mids and less highs. I think Snowman was somewhat correct about the rear 6x9s being more of a filler than a necessary component. I wonder what it would it sound like with some 6.5s or 8 inch rears along with the 2x12s I have in the trunk. The Hertz 6x9s aren't that great.
Once I have saved enough for an 8 to 12 DSP, I'm going to put a pair of ZR800's either in the rear deck, rear quarters, or kick panels. They will see a minimum bandwidth, but will take some workload off the 6.5's in the doors. I think if I keep them under 200Hz, they should blend pretty well.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #700
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Wow I am late to this party. So it looks like the 178mm Android DD bezels will not work with this guy, correct? Would this be modifiable to accept one without looking ridiculous? I'm asking for a friend :P

Seriously, I only have the need for an Android DD to run my NightOwl app (RIP). Since the NightOwl controller is wifi, I want to connect the DD to it instead of my phone. At that point I'd be able to stream music via bluetooth and still be able to control my lights OTF. Android Auto and Android Mirrorlink aren't an option for me.