Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 03-23-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
psantoni51

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
SCCA Track Night in America

Has anyone done one of the scca track nights in america. Next month I signed up for one at nj motorsports park. I currently working on prepping the car for it. Just wondering what to expect have been a circle track guy never road raced before. Also where do you northeast guys usually do your track days. I inquired about njmp drivers club but the buy in is to rich for my blood for the amount I would be able to go.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
13coupe

Drives: Crystal Red 1SS Coupe 6spd manual
They also have them at Pittsburgh International. I did the long course last year.
Have fun. Good program!
13coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
If you're willing to travel both Palmer Motorsports Park in Mass and Thompson Speedway in CT both do track night America. I'll have to look for the dates.

I'm hoping to make it back to NJMP this year.
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
I've done TNiA down here at Roebling Road. These events are some of the most laid back track events. The first thing they'll tell you is that it's not a race. You don't need to have a race prepped car. As long as everything is screwed on tight and all the fluids are inside where they belong you'll be good to go.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:51 AM   #5
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Look up SCDA1.COM. Good group to run with and offer alot of good tracks. Prices are fair. $385.00 for 4 20 minute runs.
Ran at Lyme Rock in April and booked again in 2 weeks.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
There's a ton of useful information in the Road Course/Track and Autocross sub forum here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219

If you're looking for more events like what Track Day in America does, then you're looking for High Performance Driver's Education events from organizations like TrackDaze, Hooked On Driving or Chin Track Days.

Most of these organizers are on www.motorsportreg.com, so you can search there and find just about every type of track day event there is.

Depending on where in PA you are and how far you want to drive, Summit Point Motorsports Park in West VA may be another track option.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
I have done Track Night in America. SCCA does a good job organizing in my experience. You will want to change to a race ready brake fluid or you will likely boil the stock fluid. I would try to get as much negative camber as possible in the fronts or you will wear the outer edge of the tires. The events I have attended offer instructors to ride along for anyone who wants it and there are plenty of experienced drivers around who are usually happy to help or answer questions as well. Passing is usually limited to certain parts of the track, especially in the novice group. Have fun!

EDIT: Just noticed that the OP was months ago... any update on how it went?
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote