Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #155
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
If the SS2 is going to appreciate in value, that's more reason to buy the SS2. Don't mind spending more for a better car (but don't wanna get ripped off). But a cheaper car is an easier buying decision. That's all.
The Camaro SS is not going to appreciate in value. Esp if they come anywhere close to selling as many units as they plan on selling.

The cheapest you'll be able to get one is somewhere up North during the winter of 2010, right before the 2012 model years come in. It will save you thousands of dollars, but its up to you to wait.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #156
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
whitecane sound like that kid why is the sky blue, why.. why..why..

are we there yet.... are we ,, are we.

I don't want to make fun of you, but seriously.

Basic common sense says that prices will go down over time.

I agree with 2SSARME- this thread is not only boring, but annoying. I am out...
________
MAC GAME

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #157
jtellez

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Coming from a Camaro owner, I say your situation is better suited for a Mustang GT Premium. Your not looking to burn rubber or blow other cars out the water. You just want a V8's purr and cool gadgets. You'll get that with the Mustang.

If you were looking for performace over gizmo's then I'd say get a 1SS, but if you want the toys then you'd be much better off getting the GT Premium than a 2SS if you can't afford it. Plus there's the fact that you can find the Mustang you want just about anywhere, but you'll have at least an 8 week wait for a Camaro.

If it were me, I'd get the Mustang over a 2LT. Yes the Camaro looks way better and has awesome features, but I love the sound of a Mustang's V8 and you'd get some kick ass options as well.

So if you just want V8 purr and features get a GT. If you want killer looks and features get a 2LT, if you want the best performace dollar for dollar get a 1SS, if you want it all get a 2SS.
3000-Order accepted by production control: 9/10 TPW 10/05/09
3300-Order scheduled for production: 9/24
3400-Order broadcast: 10/01
3800-Order produced: 10/09
4B00-Order Placed on hold: 10/12
4200-Shipped: 10/14
5000-Delivered to the dealer: 10/27
6000-Delivered to the customer: 10/27
jtellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #158
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The Camaro SS is not going to appreciate in value. Esp if they come anywhere close to selling as many units as they plan on selling.

The cheapest you'll be able to get one is somewhere up North during the winter of 2010, right before the 2012 model years come in. It will save you thousands of dollars, but its up to you to wait.
Then this is my plan.

Fin. Thanks for contributing.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #159
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Uh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
This thread is just boring and old now.....

Oh look, Challenger recalls!
Heyyyyyyy! Mine was exempt, front wheels no fall off.

Let's talk about chicks man.

Challengers rule, Camaro's drool. OK, even I'm bored now.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #160
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
What are you looking for out of your new car? If you're wanting the fastest, easiest to mod car then say so. I've ran multiple Mustang GT's and a 2010 Camaro SS the other day. I'll tell you in a pm which one lost more respectably. I know a lot of guys with S197's that have modded them and I know what they are capable of. I can't speak for the modded Camaros but I'm sure someone in this forum can speak for how easy they are to mod and what you can expect.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #161
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
What are you looking for out of your new car? If you're wanting the fastest, easiest to mod car then say so. I've ran multiple Mustang GT's and a 2010 Camaro SS the other day. I'll tell you in a pm which one lost more respectably. I know a lot of guys with S197's that have modded them and I know what they are capable of. I can't speak for the modded Camaros but I'm sure someone in this forum can speak for how easy they are to mod and what you can expect.
I'm guessing the Camaro lost worse lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #162
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I'm guessing the Camaro lost worse lol.
I was actually pretty impressed with the Camaro because I don't think it was modded, the guy wouldn't pull over and chat. It was a damn good looking car though.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #163
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
I think I'm just gonna buy a 2SS, real soon.

Today my friend who used to sell cars told me that come spring time, the car will not cost less. Because demand is too high and even when the 2011 models are out, there won't be any 2010 models left...

I think I'm gonna try and order an Aqua Blue Metallic at GM supplier price...

Did my friend give me good advice? (I'm ready to pull the trigger!!!)
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #164
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
I think I'm just gonna buy a 2SS, real soon.

Today my friend who used to sell cars told me that come spring time, the car will not cost less. Because demand is too high and even when the 2011 models are out, there won't be any 2010 models left...

I think I'm gonna try and order an Aqua Blue Metallic at GM supplier price...

Did my friend give me good advice? (I'm ready to pull the trigger!!!)
Next Spring... No............

Next WINTER........ YES..............
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #165
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Well let's see.... 19,000 / 3months of camaro backorder... why in the world would prices go down when there's so many orders?
Prices always go down. And I don't think the demand is as high as everybody is claiming it to be. Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership, it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area.
Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
returnofcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #166
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Prices always go down. And I don't think the demand is as high as everybody is claiming it to be. Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership,it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area.Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #167
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
You just keep shooting yourself.
LMAO at that. There was a dealership in little podunk Luling, TX that had 3 Challenger SE's on the lot when we were going out of town for one week. There were only 2 on the lot when we came back through on the way home. I think that would qualify them and their 2,000 sq ft lot as a high volume dealership
Old 11-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #168
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
LMAO at that. There was a dealership in little podunk Luling, TX that had 3 Challenger SE's on the lot when we were going out of town for one week. There were only 2 on the lot when we came back through on the way home. I think that would qualify them and their 2,000 sq ft lot as a high volume dealership
Well then from that its quite obviouse that challangers prices are going to come crashing down come summer.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote