Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
MSFT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
USB Resets Every 5 Seconds

I've searched around the forums (and the internet) and have found plenty of people complaining that their USB ports work sometimes (fixed by a car/device restart) or that the ports don't work at all, but not my own problem.

I picked up my Camaro a week ago to the day and since then have had problems with my USB port working. It'll charge the iPhone for 5 seconds, disconnect for 2, and repeats. AUX port and music over Bluetooth both work fine.

I'm going to take it back to the dealer anyways (they forgot to install the RS light switch for the fog lamps) but was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

USB: iPhone 3GS
Hardware/Software: CC/CE
MSFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
There's no switch for the fog lamps if you have RS. The lower lights are actually DRL's and come on whenever your headlights are off.

I haven't experienced or heard of anything like your USB problems -- take it into the dealer!
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
MSFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
There's no switch for the fog lamps if you have RS. The lower lights are actually DRL's and come on whenever your headlights are off.
I knew about the DRLs and when I think about it, that actually makes perfect sense seeing how they probably wouldn't look right together. I thought there was a switch since I checked the manual when I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
MSFT

For anyone that may have this issue in the future/was curious...

My USB port is fine, problem's that I'm running the iPhone OS 4.0 developer preview on my 3GS. Hopefully the issue will be solved before the full release!