Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-09-2018, 04:21 AM   #1
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Connector on harness-side of non-BA rear speakers.

I just installed my RF 10" self powered amp, but I don't want to hack or splice into the wiring of the rear speaker harness.

I already bought the speaker wire adapters that plug into the harness side of the GM connectors. However, I don't want to run terminal taps to the pins of the rear speakers. I already did, but they keep popping off.

Can you purchase the harness-side two pin female rear speaker connector from GM or anywhere else?

That way, I can have the two ends on the speaker adapters. One connecter that plugs into the harness side of the original GM connector, which the speaker adapter harness already come with, and then have another one at the other end which plugs into the speaker itself.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Go to bestbuy. should be a ford connector 72-5600 speaker harness. You can then cut it off and connect wires to your high level in and new speakers. but NO there are no inline couplers to do so at the speaker.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
Go to bestbuy. should be a ford connector 72-5600 speaker harness. You can then cut it off and connect wires to your high level in and new speakers. but NO there are no inline couplers to do so at the speaker.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I'm still running the stock speakers. I already got the Ford connectors and crimped on terminal taps on the ends. However, I don't like how the terminal taps attach to the stock wire pin terminals at the speaker.

I guess it looks like I'll have to scour the junkyards for these harness end plugs or just pull them off a used car on the lot ( just kidding). It's incredible that you can't just buy these darn things separately.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I'm still running the stock speakers. I already got the Ford connectors and crimped on terminal taps on the ends. However, I don't like how the terminal taps attach to the stock wire pin terminals at the speaker.

I guess it looks like I'll have to scour the junkyards for these harness end plugs or just pull them off a used car on the lot ( just kidding). It's incredible that you can't just buy these darn things separately.
if you had the BA speakers i could sel lyou my spare ones ( harnesses from a kit ) but nope., check people parting out cars.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #5
gringo
Account Suspended

If you search google, there is a 2 pin connector called the "EV6" that looks like it would work on the speaker terminal port. It's a fuel injector connector shared by Ford and other makes, but I wonder if it could work?

The interface inside looks almost identical and the pin orientation looks the same as well.