Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Thumbs down why the chrome trim?

there is hardly any, if there even is any chrome trim in this car so why put the chrome trim on the tail lights? This is one of the only things i don't like about this car. i mean it just doesn't match. EVERYTHING ELSE IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME THOUGH!!! don't get me wrong
Attached Images

ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
The chrome trim only comes on the RS model. Don't get the RS model. Problem solved.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post
there is hardly any, if there even is any chrome trim in this car so why put the chrome trim on the tail lights? This is one of the only things i don't like about this car. i mean it just doesn't match. EVERYTHING ELSE IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME THOUGH!!! don't get me wrong
This is a joke right?
Your are joking aren't you, please just tell me you're joking.
The matt grey plastic surounds they had looked chintzy the chrome adds a nice highlight while not being gawdy.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Now if only the tack and speedo faces and surrounds were chrome (kind of like the concept) by the way this is not a complaint it's just wishful thinking.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

i figured something like this would make more sense... with lights .....

no trim at all
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
Now if only the tack and speedo faces and surrounds were chrome (kind of like the concept) by the way this is not a complaint it's just wishful thinking.
me too
Old 10-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
i think its a nice contrast to what will be a darker tail light on the RS

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
The chrome trim only comes on the RS model. Don't get the RS model. Problem solved.
I don't believe that's the case.
The Silver SS at Indy had chrome bezels around the taillights, and it was not RS-equipped. I've also been led to believe that the LS, and LT models will also get the chrome treatment.

I like them, personally -- I felt everything fit together well, and the chrome bezels were a good way to separate the lights from the body panel, providing some contrast and depth. They could have put nothing, or maybe even the gunmetal plastic (see: guage surrounds) from the interior...but I don't think it would have looked half as impressive. And as far as no other chrome on the car...there's chrome-outlined bowties, chrome surrounding the RS and SS badging, and a few chrome touches on the interior like the stereo, and SS badging, etc. There's very little chrome used on this car, true, but the little that was used all in the right places, imo.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
The only thing I don't like about them is when i go to wash and detail the car, but it wouldn't matter if the chrome rings were there or not It's still gonna happen. I just know that water is gonna be there, and after i get the whole car dried off there is going to be a little tiny leak going down the back of my black camaro. 4 Times. It's gonna suck, but i'm just gonna have to deal with it.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Yes, the depth. Good point.

I hadn't thought about the clean-up after a wash though. That's a good point too, LOL. I think it's worth it though, because they don't stand out like a sore thumb and are pretty tasteful, IMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I like them, but i want them painted in black chrome, ive seen pics with ivers running around without the trim and it looked great, Black Chrome is on the To-DO list for me however the chrome trim does give a nice contrast
Dragoneye always chimes in with the best answers and just have away of getting your respect because they are respectful!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
The only thing I don't like about them is when i go to wash and detail the car, but it wouldn't matter if the chrome rings were there or not It's still gonna happen. I just know that water is gonna be there, and after i get the whole car dried off there is going to be a little tiny leak going down the back of my black camaro. 4 Times. It's gonna suck, but i'm just gonna have to deal with it.
I always dry my car off and i live on a state route so i go out and get up some speed then turn around in a drive way then back to my house and dry off any where the water leaked out of asap. Then next time i leave i dont have to worry about water spots from inside the mirrors or anything but if you live in the city where the limit is 25 or alot of cars that might be hard to do.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Reguardless if your in the city or not, that always works for me on the bike and any of the cars, the bumps help get the water out really well, but if its dusty for whatever reason and the water is there, it kinda sticks a bit. Its alot more fun on the bike though

The only thing that kinda bothers me is how the trunk lid and the rear quarterpanels have a different line that cuts the trim, its not that bad, but it is kinda noticable
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #14
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Pretty minor detail, guys. Let it go. Chrome is fine.

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote