Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #785
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
seems like some division on the arm drop...i,m not good with polls, so unless there is some technical reason behind this and not 1 persons choice..i suggest regina starts a poll on this or someone take the inititive ..we have plenty of time to get some votes..let the pony wars supporters choose there way...i know jamie is glued to lights and messing with his mojo should not be done...if i was more savy i would start the poll, but that is my weak spot..imo

Well, the tree will take the human error factor out of it and initially I was against the arm drop but now I'm 50/50. I just hate making a pass that I don't know how fast I was. What if I 9.99'ed the arm drop pass and never ever knew. We all have experience with the tree so I'd imagine that would win in a vote.

Does anyone know what the other cars are saying? It doesn't seem right that we think we can make the rules when there are others involved.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #786
4RD H8R
Beating 5.0's since 1988

Drives: 2010 RS SS M6
If I can'tgo 11's I'll be very disappointed. Unless I bypass the 11's completely and just go straight into the 10's

Beating the crap out of my Camaros for 23+ years 1973, 1970 1/2, 1979, 1968, 1971, 2010
4RD H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #787
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
seems like some division on the arm drop...i,m not good with polls, so unless there is some technical reason behind this and not 1 persons choice..i suggest regina starts a poll on this or someone take the inititive ..we have plenty of time to get some votes..let the pony wars supporters choose there way...i know jamie is glued to lights and messing with his mojo should not be done...if i was more savy i would start the poll, but that is my weak spot..imo
That's why I said I'd do it if Rich Christensen is there. I think because it's on Pinks, it's cool, ergo, some people want to do it. There is no technical reason (unless I've really missed something).

I say let's just stick to tried and true racing. Way too much drama with hand drop. If anyone remembers the first Pinks All Out Atlanta, Jan's GTO was on his way to the final but was up against a "cool" diesel truck. Rich went to the diesel driver, told him how he was going to do the arm drop, did not tell Jan, Rich did a double-pump and Jan redlighted, the diesel truck advanced because it was "good TV".

I don't imagine anyone here would abuse arm drops in such a manner. But I do imagine that not many of us have much experience doing them (and I mean more than 1 event a year). So I imagine it would just add error and drama unnecessarily to the event.

My 2-cents, no criticism directed at anyone, Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #788
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
I agree that the tree takes human error out of the equation, but if we do arms drop, we still get our time slips just like we do with a tree, we still have to stage and once we take off, time starts and stops at the 1320.....
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #789
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
myself , i prefer the tree...but , i,m just 1 and i will go with the majority...i have no problem, i,m sure someone can start a poll with 3 weeks to go...unless , sgmp has sopme technical reason...maybe this constitutes some sort of tournament and insurance rules for sgmp .....jamie, you should be able to get a little more info, since your so track vested..if its just up to 2quick , then we need to let him know , that the majority of supporters who are traveling and supporting this event, should make the decision...unless there is a technical reason behind it....imo..hopefully 2quick can shed more light and let us know ..
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #790
Skat

Drives: 2002 Z28
In both of the last 2 arm drops were done, I am almost sure there was only one redlight at each. It was so obvious too. I won at the first one in Valdosta last year and till then I never did an arm drop race, to me I don't care. I thought it was fun and different.

Let's say we only run off the tree what are we going to run? Full .5,.4? I like a pro tree it's so much more of a challenge. I red light more on a full tree than a pro tree. I ran at unleashed in Gainesville last November and I pulled a .004 light on a .5 pro tree against the #1 qualifier in a purpose built drag car. From that run on I fell in love with a pro tree. Just one more opinion.

I think we should just leave things alone, at least this time. And like Juan said you still get a slip.
And "jump/redlight whatever it's on YOU.

2002 Z28 HT A4 just a few bolt-ons FTI 4,000 stall and a tune from EFI Alchemy. 11.99 @ 112 MPH 1.62 60'
Skat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 AM   #791
Stark

Drives: fair to good
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RD H8R View Post
If I can'tgo 11's I'll be very disappointed. Unless I bypass the 11's completely and just go straight into the 10's
Ditto.

I'd rather just use the tree, but the arm drop will still be fun and that's the whole point to me. If Regina makes a poll, i'll bet the tree wins.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #792
2quick

Drives: none
For this time it will stay. We need to remember that there are plenty of other car groups that have been told that there will be arm drops. There are a lot of them who are like this mixed group. Some like it, some don't. It just wouldn't be right to change it at this point and time. Some people come because of the arm drops. I would feel like I'm doing a bait and switch if the event didn't have it now. Plenty of people planned for a while to go to this event and i don't want to change the game now if i can help it. Ill take this groups comments into big consideration for the next pony wars event.

In the past pony wars there has not been any arguments in the way that the arm drops were decided. Has been virtually drama free in this area.

Thanks and i really do appreciate everyones input!

Superchargedss now ill have BOTH eyes on you lol. I also know that you couldn't go slower by trying. You just love the speed. Sure you can try but you will still be faster than you think lol.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #793
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
I can make a poll, but the actual racing part of the weekend is not really in my hands...that part is a joint venture between Steeda and SGMP. I really didn't mean to open a can of worms here.....I just knew that most of the folks I talked to are not fans of the arm drop if the people doing the arm drops are not experienced and consistent, so I brought it up to see if it was necessary. However....feel free to keep expressing your opinion....perhaps you can sway the "powers that be."
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #794
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
well it's getting closer !!!!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #795
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
For this time it will stay. We need to remember that there are plenty of other car groups that have been told that there will be arm drops. There are a lot of them who are like this mixed group. Some like it, some don't. It just wouldn't be right to change it at this point and time. Some people come because of the arm drops. I would feel like I'm doing a bait and switch if the event didn't have it now. Plenty of people planned for a while to go to this event and i don't want to change the game now if i can help it. Ill take this groups comments into big consideration for the next pony wars event.

In the past pony wars there has not been any arguments in the way that the arm drops were decided. Has been virtually drama free in this area.

Thanks and i really do appreciate everyones input!
That sounds fair and I'll go along with it.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #796
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
People come to an event because of arm drops?

Seriously?
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #797
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
People come to an event because of arm drops?

Seriously?
+1, i know regina and myself are responsible for at least 75 members coming...even got bruce to push to get the sst here in time...the sst is probably a draw on its own..
Old 09-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #798
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
booked, can't wait to see ya'll!!