Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #71
Kevin@Lingenfelter

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Chassis dyno sheet with more development work today 600 hp rear wheel

Here is the another run on the Camaro today with a set of American Racing G8 headers installed and a few other mods. Thanks Magnuson for an excellent supercharger kit.

Last edited by Kevin@Lingenfelter; 05-27-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Kevin@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #72
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
I need to do my research?

What are your discharge temps at 12 psi with that bell blower?? Spinning a 2300 in exess of 25K + RPM we never saw temperatures above 40* over ambient. In other words on a 100* day the discharge temps were 140 * +/- 10*. That being said, at 8 psi on my 1900 I NEVER see anything over 25-30* ambient.

As for the parasitic loss, if you can explain to me how you are able to unload the screw and make it as efficient at the Maguson @ highway speeds it would be great. A screw compressor by definition is a COMPRESSOR and is ALWAYS compressing. There is NO way it can be bypassed and there is no way it can possibly be cooler due to the simple fact that is always compressing the air.

As for your comment about a comparison, I would LOVE to do that. I have the engine, the dyno cell and the staff.....Bring the blower, the magazines and the beer and I am game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Did not rain on my parade at all, I just answered your questions. I guess we are just at opposite ends of the spectum when it comes to superchargers, I say TVS you say Screw, I know what I know and you know what you know. Its all good my friend, I am not here to debate, only provide information.

As for being disingenuous, I have tested, installed, worked on, serviced, and provided customer service for BOTH FI options....the fewer complaints and returns were OBVIOUS. I am speaking from experience with BOTH camps, not just one.
This was exactly the kind of information I've been looking for and wanting to understand. Thanks for pointing those points out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCaveman View Post
I like it. I think a cross-country road trip is in my future...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Woah awesome!

When do you expect your car to be delivered to Lingenfelter?

Make sure to give us a detailed writeup of your ownership experience when the time comes.
That sounds like it's going to be a great experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoske View Post
LOL - WTF?!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #73
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@Lingenfelter View Post
Here is the another run on the Camaro today with a set of American Racing G8 headers installed. Thanks Magnuson for an excellent supercharger kit.

OMG!!! I KNEW IT!!! WOW!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #74
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Woah awesome!

When do you expect your car to be delivered to Lingenfelter?

Make sure to give us a detailed writeup of your ownership experience when the time comes.

My car was at 3000 as of a couple weeks ago but I am not sure what its at today. I haven't been checking on it since then I think about it all the time. It was suppose to get shipped to Karl Chev in IA but now I am working it out to get drop shipped to Courtesy Motors in Decatur, IN. I also went with the Borla Stinger Exhaust.

I will definately detail everything along the way and keep you guys informed, as I a very excited as well!!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #75
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Quote:
Here is the another run on the Camaro today with a set of American Racing G8 headers installed. Thanks Magnuson for an excellent supercharger kit.

These guys diserve a standing ovation for getting this kind of set up out so quick. I mean the camaro has just been released.
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

I'd like to see what some bigger primaries do for those number, just for referrence. Man - I still can't believe those numbers! I may not even need a Z28 now, LOL. OK - yes I do WOW!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #77
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:

Awesome numbers. Same boost level as before? ~70+rwhp and ~+80rwtq is a lot of gain from just longtubes.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #78
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Radz Called it... 600hp...

Damn man... and I don't have to go forged right off the bat either. That saves me some money...

Oh boy... How do I convince the wife that our kids don't really need to go to college...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #79
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Awesome numbers. Same boost level as before? ~70+rwhp and ~+80rwtq is a lot of gain from just longtubes.
Between you and I (ok -everyone else) it sounds like a lot to me too, but with SW running 2" primaries on one of their versions, I'm not 100% suprised. I've been quoting the latest GMHTP issue where they added ARHs (1 7/8s I think) to a Procharged G8 (OEM longblock with SLP 1.85 rollers) and they gained like 60+ RWHP. That was the L76, not this LS3. It's my understanding this LS3 cam has a little more lift than the 'Vette too, so maybe that's why it seems so much too

I'd feel better after seeing more numbers, but even if they're within 20 RWHP, all I have to say is WOW It's still not going to be as durable as your GT500 bottom end, but that's still really good, IMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #80
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER SS View Post
These guys diserve a standing ovation for getting this kind of set up out so quick. I mean the camaro has just been released.
True, the car is new, but the LS3 has been around for awhile. I'm glad to know I can get the power up where I'd like it to be once I take delivery without having to go the trial-and-error route.

Quote:
Here is the another run on the Camaro today with a set of American Racing G8 headers installed and a few other mods.
Ahh, you did an edit. I knew there had to be just more than headers involved for those gains. What were these few others mods?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #81
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
this is insane, great number. Aint no way I would run my engine that high, but damn.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #82
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I believe that was on 10 psi......Not bad for a "roots" blower
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #83
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
10 PSI make me a little nervous...

We'll see...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #84
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
202rwhp! Just kidding.
LOL,

I checked and it seems like 415hp is the norm for a stock gt500, so for 10k you can have around 120 more ponies than a stock gt and be right around the same price tag with a 3 year warranty.

Not bad, that as big of a difference in hp as a gt vs ss.
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote