Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Favorite tracks in the Iowa area?

I'm looking to get a little track experience towards the end of this season or some time next year (gotta finish breaking her in, and I'm only up to 500 miles). Does anyone have recommendations for good tracks or driving schools to try out in Iowa, southern Minnesota, or western Illinois? I've read good things about the FAAST driving lessons at the Mid America Motorplex at the Nebraska border.

This would be the first time I've been to a track with any car.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
I'm going to one in Marshalltown tomorrow, its a street course. I've never raced before (on track or off), so this should be pretty cool! http://nqsperformance.com/autocross2009.aspx thats a link for the auto-cross event tomorrow, best pic of the track I can find on there too
Old 07-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Got done racing at the Marhalltown track today, it was pretty awesome! Its a pretty short track though, so its more about handling than outright horsepower. I've heard there is a track in Eddyville that is supposed to have some longer straight aways though, may be going to it next month, not sure yet though. But yeah, the NQS guys are really awesome and the whole group of people there were pretty cool. If its your first time racing just ask for tips on the track and you'll get plenty of pointers
Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
I'm going to one in Marshalltown tomorrow, its a street course. I've never raced before (on track or off), so this should be pretty cool! http://nqsperformance.com/autocross2009.aspx thats a link for the auto-cross event tomorrow, best pic of the track I can find on there too
The site says it's actually a go-kart track? Heh, I'll wait for a bigger course that's better suited to pony cars.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
carriagehousecustoms

Drives: 1ss american iron
www.midamericamotorplex.com

Give this a try. They have fast fridays that will be the most reasonable track time of any tracks that I know of. No tracks in South MN just BIR.

Dave
carriagehousecustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Blackhawk in Northern Illinois should be somewhat close. I think it is in Beloit, or south Beloit. I have heard it is a pretty decent track.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote