Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
I would first like to address that I did a quick search before posting and I didn't see any back-handed compliment threads. I figured I would start one. Every week at local car shows I run into somebody or hear someone making a back-handed compliment.

One time I am wiping the bugs off the front of my car when a fella walks up to me and says "hey buddy how come you didn't get an old Camaro" I say "because I wanted this Camaro" to which he replies "everybody has one of these Camaro. I must have seen 5 Camaro's that look exactly like yours on the way here today".

Another time I see a kid across a show field point to my car and sprint a good 50 yards across the field with his friends. He comes right up to the front of the car, looks at his friends with disappointment on his face and says "sorry guys...... it's only an SS, my bad."

Had a Corvette elitest come over and ask me about my car. he goes "hey have you ever drove your car back and forth to work". I respond "yeah I drive it whenever I can" he lowers his head into one of this hands wipes his face and says "thats just a god damn shame son.... a god damn shame"

all in all I get this garbage all the time and I was wondering what kind of back-handed compliments any of you guys have heard about your car.
WOW, you got a tough crowd there man. I can't recall ever hearing anything negative said about my car. People are pretty friendly here in SC. Now if the football team is losing, that's a whole nother story.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
Closer to Pittsburgh. Ever heard of groundhog Punxsy Phil? Yeah thats the weird-a$$ area I live in.

I like Pitt. Downtown is really cool. Had a good time cycling there and gambling. Presque Isle State Park is really nice.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
WOW, you got a tough crowd there man. I can't recall ever hearing anything negative said about my car. People are pretty friendly here in SC. Now if the football team is losing, that's a whole nother story.
Steelers Country over here. hahaha cockiness level went up like crazy when we won the 6th superbowl. Maybe thats why people are haters cause we didnt win the 7th?

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
Gtkilrss

Drives: 2016 SS
Had a guy at a gas station say car sounds mean but can you shift it it? I was like its an auto. He was like that sucks...... As he got into his Honda accord smh

But other than that there's negativity at the track but my car holds it's own so I don't care.

But normally it's everyone coming up asking me about it.

Still I can't get over little kids that poke there dad and point at my car smiling and giving me thumbs up. If possible I usually give em a little show lol
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #19
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
I have a 13 1LT/RS and I've gotten the "oh you didn't buy an SS?" Question/statement..Making it sound as if the camaro is worthless not as an SS.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
matthew9440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtkilrss View Post
Had a guy at a gas station say car sounds mean but can you shift it it? I was like its an auto. He was like that sucks...... As he got into his Honda accord smh

But other than that there's negativity at the track but my car holds it's own so I don't care.

But normally it's everyone coming up asking me about it.

Still I can't get over little kids that poke there dad and point at my car smiling and giving me thumbs up. If possible I usually give em a little show lol
Absolutely! I had a kid wreck his bike once trying to watch me go past. poor kid hit his buddy next to him and they both tumbled over.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #21
matthew9440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
I have a 13 1LT/RS and I've gotten the "oh you didn't buy an SS?" Question/statement..Making it sound as if the camaro is worthless not as an SS.
Yeah but as I pointed out.... I have an SS and I get the "is that a ZL1" more then I thought I would. If you dont have the absolute most expensive car out there you will always get that.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
Nobody has ever said a negative word to me about mine.

Nothing but compliments and jealousy.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
Jbow89

Drives: 2012 LS
I get "you bought a v6!?" All the time and my response always is just "yup" and when they try to make a comment about my manhood or the crime I've committed I always have two responses depending on some factors but usually the first is "college chicks have no clue what a v6 or v8 are", or I go with the "it's ok when you decide to buy a car ill make sure I go with you so I approve of your decision"
Jbow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #24
matthew9440

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
Nobody has ever said a negative word to me about mine.

Nothing but compliments and jealousy.
part of me just wants to start dissing on you! hahaha no but thats good for you man. I think the general area i live in is just full of a bunch of haters!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #25
matthew9440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbow89 View Post
I get "you bought a v6!?" All the time and my response always is just "yup" and when they try to make a comment about my manhood or the crime I've committed I always have two responses depending on some factors but usually the first is "college chicks have no clue what a v6 or v8 are", or I go with the "it's ok when you decide to buy a car ill make sure I go with you so I approve of your decision"
hahahaha love the 2nd one!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #26
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Most people drive toyota sedans, what can they really say?

Average guy - That's not a SS?
Me - Oh where's your?
Average guy - That's my Corolla over there.
Me - Nice.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #27
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
i always hear why did u buy the v6, haha its a v6, why didnt u buy a corvette, couldnt afford the corvette i see, you knw that the mustang is faster right, its nice but the challenger is nicer, but thats about it as far as negative comments.
kold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #28
matthew9440

Quote:
Originally Posted by kold View Post
i always hear why did u buy the v6, haha its a v6, why didnt u buy a corvette, couldnt afford the corvette i see, you knw that the mustang is faster right, its nice but the challenger is nicer, but thats about it as far as negative comments.
I say it's enough for you to want to break some knee's every now and then! haha! I got the "your car is nice" I said "thanks" he says "but it would be nicer if it was a red challenger" hahahaha!