Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #15
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
I hate that these threads always go down into a debate of manual/automatic.
Why does everyone think manuals are a must to be a man? That's just stupid. It's personal preference... or if you are going to focus on drag racing, the automatic is actually the better choice. For autocross/track, the manual would probably be a better choice until Chevy decides to give their new auto trans from the Corvette into the Camaro.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #16
xXSicSicSicXx

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
You are a complete moron.

1) you gotta be compensating for something if a man pedal is such a must for you.

2) no clue what you are talking about.

3) the v8 automatic has paddle shifters and you can bring up the rpm to whatever you want and hold them there as long as you want.

4) I would go to a plastic surgeon, pull down your pants and ask " is there enough money in the world to service my 3rd pedal? "

(Don't mean to offend)

Also grow up, you're a grown man and you present yourself as a insecure teenage boy that's built like a 6 year old school girl. Everybody chooses what they want and what they like. OP here is asking a serious question and you come in here absolutely clueless sharing complete useless info. Educate yourself a bit and then talk.
lol don't mean to offend.. as you do nothing but degrade him the whole time. you're a clown man.
xXSicSicSicXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #17
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
this thread......
Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 AM   #18
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
this thread......
Not true(this time ).

Agreed there are some sad posts from immature people(only 1 really), but there are some great posts in here with some solid food for thought for the OP.

This is the internet age, and we all have to fish through the trolls and children to get to the good stuff, but it is there.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #19
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:

1) you gotta be compensating for something if a man pedal is such a must for you.

3) the v8 automatic has paddle shifters and you can bring up the rpm to whatever you want and hold them there as long as you want.

4) I would go to a plastic surgeon, pull down your pants and ask " is there enough money in the world to service my 3rd pedal? "

(Don't mean to offend)

Also grow up, you're a grown man and you present yourself as a insecure teenage boy that's built like a 6 year old school girl. Everybody chooses what they want and what they like. OP here is asking a serious question and you come in here absolutely clueless sharing complete useless info. Educate yourself a bit and then talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
I hate that these threads always go down into a debate of manual/automatic.
Why does everyone think manuals are a must to be a man? That's just stupid. It's personal preference... or if you are going to focus on drag racing, the automatic is actually the better choice. For autocross/track, the manual would probably be a better choice until Chevy decides to give their new auto trans from the Corvette into the Camaro.

The only 2 posts that took it to this place.

Seriously, if you do not have any value to add, just read and move on.

Please, for the community and those of us interested in helping each other and enjoying our cars as a functioning group.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #20
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Not true(this time ).

Agreed there are some sad posts from immature people(only 1 really), but there are some great posts in here with some solid food for thought for the OP.

This is the internet age, and we all have to fish through the trolls and children to get to the good stuff, but it is there.
oh I know haha...just the debate. so tired of reading them. Buy what you want and don't give a shit about what other people are doing.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #21
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The only 2 posts that took it to this place.

Seriously, if you do not have any value to add, just read and move on.

Please, for the community and those of us interested in helping each other and enjoying our cars as a functioning group.
How was my post inappropriate? It still answers the OP's question, but I guess Pro Stock John already made my point concerning Drag Racing with the L99 automatic. I was expressing my frustration about the side track of the thread, just like you just did. I guess I can delete both my posts in this thread later though.

edit: and how are those the only two posts? Post #3 lists as 2 out of his 3 reasons to get an LS3 instead of L99, "The Man Pedal." That just grinds my gears. Sorry.

Last edited by malave7567; 04-29-2015 at 07:28 AM.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #22
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Rule #! (IMHO)...
Just make sure you are aimed straight the first time you mash the gas!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #23
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
Rule #! (IMHO)...
Just make sure you are aimed straight the first time you mash the gas!
sometimes its more fun if you don't follow that rule
Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #24
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:

(Don't mean to offend)

Easy there cowboy..... No need to get all keyboard comando just because someone rustled your overly sensitive jimmies.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #25
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Op, to answer your question. Camaro motors have been tried and tested for years, they are tough motors, relatively inexpensive and simple to work on. My preference is the LS3, there is just so much satisfaction to rowing the gears yourself.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:16 AM   #26
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Go with the LS3. It's the way these cars are meant to be driven. Otherwise you'd just prefer the car to drive for you honestly. People say L99 for drag, but I rather shift my own car than just sit there.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #27
Blueforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6M
I have to say I disagree about buying a 2010. I haven't seen any issues regarding a 2010 vs other years. I have a 2010 and no problems.

Either way you'll be happy with either v8. Go with what stock pro John said!

Most importantly, have fun and just enjoy the car!

1 7/8 Dynatech headers -- Hi flow cats -- Full 3" Borla Atak cat back -- CAI Intake -- Bo White PTB -- Jannety Tune
Blueforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #28
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueforce View Post
I have to say I disagree about buying a 2010. I haven't seen any issues regarding a 2010 vs other years. I have a 2010 and no problems.

Either way you'll be happy with either v8. Go with what stock pro John said!

Most importantly, have fun and just enjoy the car!
There has been improvements over the years. It was actually good advice to go with later years, but yes the 2010 is reliable as can be. I have to disagree with the L99 for drag, but everyone perfers a faster time slip, than learning to master manual.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote