Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Drives: Black 2016 1SS
To buy or not to buy 1SS 1LE

So seeing the 0% for 72 months offer I realized I could very well trade in my 2016 1SS M6 and get around my same car payment. However ironically over the weekend the prices of cars suddenly went up! Our Camaros book values also dropped. So now after trade in they offered me 49k out the door due to 2xxx beg equality. And 10% CA taxes.

I would be like 115 more a month on car payments and 88 cents more in insurance increase.

So guys what would you do? I'm really on the fence. I can afford it but I keep asking myself is it worth it.

PS I'm on my iPhone. Cause I forgot my password and I'm using auto login on my i-device so please excuse the crazy post.
ImperialSScamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
Nfg2ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
1ss? Nah, hold out for a 2SS, loaded, you will thank me later.
Nfg2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Even for the 1LE 1SS?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #4
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

No one has an opinion? Lol
Old 07-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #5
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
$115 more a month times 72 = $ 8280.00. Kinda expensive for just the suspension upgrade.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #6
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Yeah it's the 0% financing that made me look into it. The2018 1LE 2SS will cost way more as well. I looked at an email I got from the same lot earlier last week and compared it to today's price and the increased it 3k. My opinion it's just from the July sales event.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:27 AM   #7
HalfMoon

Drives: '18 JLU Rubicon, '19 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialSScamaro View Post
So seeing the 0% for 72 months offer I realized I could very well trade in my 2016 1SS M6 and get around my same car payment. However ironically over the weekend the prices of cars suddenly went up! Our Camaros book values also dropped. So now after trade in they offered me 49k out the door due to 2xxx beg equality. And 10% CA taxes.

I would be like 115 more a month on car payments and 88 cents more in insurance increase.

So guys what would you do? I'm really on the fence. I can afford it but I keep asking myself is it worth it.

PS I'm on my iPhone. Cause I forgot my password and I'm using auto login on my i-device so please excuse the crazy post.

You're probably eating it on your trade, but you didn't share the numbers.

I've traded away a lot of cars after 3-18 months and it never works out "even". You're going to take that depreciation hit, even if you got a great deal on the car initially.

So, it is up to you.... but if they really raised the price of the car and it is not your trade value I would find another dealer.
HalfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #8
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfMoon View Post
You're probably eating it on your trade, but you didn't share the numbers.

I've traded away a lot of cars after 3-18 months and it never works out "even". You're going to take that depreciation hit, even if you got a great deal on the car initially.

So, it is up to you.... but if they really raised the price of the car and it is not your trade value I would find another dealer.

I agree it's just the 1LE Camaros in my area is hard to find. They act like its a rare artifact. I'm going to bring up the price increase and ask why all of a sudden they feel the need to change.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:39 AM   #9
HalfMoon

Drives: '18 JLU Rubicon, '19 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialSScamaro View Post
I agree it's just the 1LE Camaros in my area is hard to find. They act like its a rare artifact. I'm going to bring up the price increase and ask why all of a sudden they feel the need to change.
I'm in the SF bay area and when I got mine there were only 3 SS 1LEs within 150 miles. I still got mine for nearly $7k off MSRP with dealer discount and loyalty offers from GM.

If the dealer is not willing to work with you, expand your search and work with another.
HalfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #10
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
$115 more a month times 72 = $ 8280.00. Kinda expensive for just the suspension upgrade.
huh? 1LE = "just a suspension upgrade".

you're kidding right?

1. Better tires and much better...HUGELY, BIGLY better wheels (BELIEVE ME!)
2. Recaro Seats
3. 6 piston Brembos
4. eLSD
5. MRC (with custom tune)
6. wrapped hood
7. upgraded front splitter
8. Diff cooler

oh here it is straight from GM:

Camaro SS 1LE
The 2017 Camaro SS 1LE introduces the new FE4 suspension to the Gen Six Camaro – a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the Magnetic Ride dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. Additional highlights include:

6.2L LT1 V-8 rated at 455 horsepower, and six-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
Magnetic Ride Control
Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
Unique forged aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro – offering exceptional grip on the track
Brembo brakes with new six-piston monobloc front red calipers – featuring the 1LE logo – and two-piece rotors. Measuring 14.6 inches (370mm) in diameter, the front rotors are 7 percent larger than Camaro SS
Track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
Dual mode exhaust system
Recaro front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique three-piece rear spoiler
Satin Graphite front splitter and rear diffuser
Available PDR video/data recording system.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #11
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Oh, and BTW OP, the only thing I'm really thinking I would like on the 2SS is the cooled seats, but other than that, the car has great features on the 1SS - I'll say I did add the illuminated door sills as well, which 2SS will have standard.

2SS is going to add:
1. Nav
2. Interior lighting
3. heated and cooled seating

what else? You'll love the 1SS i think, but if you need the creature comforts, 2SS may be the way to go.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #12
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I would say try to find one in another state that doesn't have such brutal taxes! And other states let you put the trade in value against the sales tax! For example when I bought my 1LE i traded my 2012 2SS, got $18k trade value on it so I only paid tax on $27k instead of $45k. 0% for 72 months on a 17' 1LE will be the best deal you're going to find for a long time!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #13
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Oh, and BTW OP, the only thing I'm really thinking I would like on the 2SS is the cooled seats, but other than that, the car has great features on the 1SS - I'll say I did add the illuminated door sills as well, which 2SS will have standard.

2SS is going to add:
1. Nav
2. Interior lighting
3. heated and cooled seating

what else? You'll love the 1SS i think, but if you need the creature comforts, 2SS may be the way to go.
Only other things it will add would be the blind spot monitoring, back up sensors (which I don't like because you get the little circles on the rear bumper) auto-dimming mirrors and the garage door opener.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #14
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I would say try to find one in another state that doesn't have such brutal taxes! And other states let you put the trade in value against the sales tax! For example when I bought my 1LE i traded my 2012 2SS, got $18k trade value on it so I only paid tax on $27k instead of $45k. 0% for 72 months on a 17' 1LE will be the best deal you're going to find for a long time!
For most states where ever the car will be registered is where is where you pay sales tax. For my state even though I bought in VA I paid NC sales tax because if I didn't NC would be knocking on my door for it once the sale was reported. Auto sales tax is different than regular sales tax, but can vary state to state.
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote