Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Need info on R1 Concept rotors

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can help me with. I've already read as much info as I could find on site about R1 rotors. Should I go with eLine or should I go with the Geomet Carbon? Should I pair them with the factor pads (dust) or will they work well with the Hawks yellow pads? (Will the Hawk ceramic pads make noise?) Should I go with the plain surface or drilled and slotted? (I don't track my car) Thanks again for any information you can help with.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I was told by them The E line rotors are basically like our stock rotors. The Geomet are their premier rotor with better air flow and better castings.
I myself just ordered the Geomet Rotors.
As far as design its your personal preference. If you like the looks of the drilled and slotted then go with them. I am pairing mine with hawk ceramic pads.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I did their black E-Line slotted & cross drilled rotors with their performance pads.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
BAD DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
I was told by them The E line rotors are basically like our stock rotors. The Geomet are their premier rotor with better air flow and better castings.
I myself just ordered the Geomet Rotors.
As far as design its your personal preference. If you like the looks of the drilled and slotted then go with them. I am pairing mine with hawk ceramic pads.
Are there any disadvantages or things I should worry about getting drilled and slotted. I know about them having less heat and cleaning glaze off of the pads.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
Old 10-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #5
Rainbow1616

I have never had a problem with drilled and slotted on my other cars. I just ordered the geomet drilled and slotted. I track my car occasionally.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:51 AM   #6
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
I have drilled and slotted Wilwood big brakes on my pickup. You can definitely hear them with the window down, but I wouldn’t call them noisy. There has been posts from guys that track and get them very hot, stating they get cracks around the holes. It’s unlikely my street driving would ever get the brakes very hot.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #7
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
I went with their slotted Premier, and am totally happy with them. Swapped out with the existing OEM pads, no noise, great stopping power, and good looks.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #8
BAD DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
I went with their slotted Premier, and am totally happy with them. Swapped out with the existing OEM pads, no noise, great stopping power, and good looks.
When you say Premier are you talking about the Geomet Carbon rotors? What pads did you go with?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
Let me know how they turn out Dab.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:14 PM   #10
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
I went with the R1 concept premier drilled and dimpled rotors with hawk pads. Maybe they changed the name from Premier to Geomet Carbon. The hawk HPS pads I have squeak at times, mostly when at a slow parking lot speed and have dust but work well. Rotors are holding up fine as well. Put them on jan of this year as well as the hawk pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #11
BAD DAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
I went with the R1 concept premier drilled and dimpled rotors with hawk pads. Maybe they changed the name from Premier to Geomet Carbon. The hawk HPS pads I have squeak at times, mostly when at a slow parking lot speed and have dust but work well. Rotors are holding up fine as well. Put them on jan of this year as well as the hawk pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just check their website and I did not see the Premier Drilled and Dimpled option. I gave them a called and got the answering service and left a message. I would actually prefer the Dimpled option.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Just check their website and I did not see the Premier Drilled and Dimpled option. I gave them a called and got the answering service and left a message. I would actually prefer the Dimpled option.
Yea I didn't see it on there last night either. So I'm thinking they changed name to geomet or just discontinued possibly. But yea I would go dimpled before drilled.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
Rainbow1616

You can PM them on here. Kevin usually answers pretty fast.
I am patiently waiting for mine to arrive.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
The on;y options when I bought were Premier and the E-line I think, so I would guess everyone is right, and the GeoMet is the new Premier. I used the existing OEM pads, and will likely continue to use them for the time being. If your car is street driven only, or even light track use, the OEM pads are excellent.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote