Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #1779
MaukaRunner
 
Drives: 2010 L99 2SS in Silver Ice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Da 808 State
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawayanzl1 View Post
Howzit everyone. Are you like me and getting tired of getting snubbed by 1st Gen Camaros when you go to a car show? I am getting sick of this and I am interested in starting a 4th, 5th and 6th Gen club on Oahu! What do you think?? Chime in and let's do this. Let's organize and show our strength in numbers.
I also want to start a page that will organize cruises, sell parts, hang out and have fun with our Camaros! Let me know what you think! Alooooooha. HawayanZl1.
Seems like there is very little interest for the Camaro guys now days. I used to go to the cruise nights when I got my 5th gen. The numbers of Camaro's are low at the cruise nights. Mostly the first gens and the 4th and 5th gens. I may start going to the cruise nights again in the new year as I'm not as busy.

As for a club. Been there and done that. Was part of a club back in the late 80's and early 90's when I had my second gen and we had choke members and some really large cruises. Got out of it since everyone wanted to be the boss but didn't want to do the work.

Look up 808Camaros and Hawaii Camaros on Facebook. I think 808Camaros is the only Camaro club on the island right now. Not much going on for it though as it seems like no one wants to run it.

Let us know how it goes.
MaukaRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:18 AM   #1780
Hawayanzl1
 
Hawayanzl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaukaRunner View Post
Seems like there is very little interest for the Camaro guys now days. I used to go to the cruise nights when I got my 5th gen. The numbers of Camaro's are low at the cruise nights. Mostly the first gens and the 4th and 5th gens. I may start going to the cruise nights again in the new year as I'm not as busy.

As for a club. Been there and done that. Was part of a club back in the late 80's and early 90's when I had my second gen and we had choke members and some really large cruises. Got out of it since everyone wanted to be the boss but didn't want to do the work.

Look up 808Camaros and Hawaii Camaros on Facebook. I think 808Camaros is the only Camaro club on the island right now. Not much going on for it though as it seems like no one wants to run it.
Let us know how it goes.
I remember being in the 50th State camaro's club. I used to own a black RS Z28 with white stripes and center lines. I used to call up everyone the week b4 the cruises when we used to get those big cruises. I used to get mad when it rained cuz a lot of F body guys didn't wanna get their cars wet. But when it was sunny we always had a good turn out. Them where the good old days!
Hawayanzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #1781
blackoutVIII
 
blackoutVIII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS w/RS PKG
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 141
I will be out there in August. Going to bring an 05 EVO and my 11 Camaro. Any tips with shipping company? One car will ship with Military, the other on my own dime.
blackoutVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:47 AM   #1782
blackoutVIII
 
blackoutVIII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS w/RS PKG
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 141
Bump
blackoutVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:43 AM   #1783
Maestrotogo
 
Maestrotogo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Captain Cook, HI
Posts: 17
Bump +1
Maestrotogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #1784
Mattman1121
 
Mattman1121's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White SS/RS - L99
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 63
My wife and I shipped a car on our own out here. We used DAS Global Services to ship it from Florida to Hawai'i and it made it here with no new scratches or anything. I think it actually had the same mileage on it as when we dropped it off. Either way, they are alot better than the company who ships for the military now. That company lost our car and didn't find it until 3 months after the "scheduled" arrival date.
__________________
Current Mod(s)- Custom Magnaflow catback Exhaust, GMPP Strut Brace
Mattman1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #1785
blackoutVIII
 
blackoutVIII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS w/RS PKG
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 141
Dang 3 months lost!! That sucks!! Was that International Auto Logistics that lost your vehicle? I know this company just took over. I am planning on using Trans Global, but I will get a quote from DAS as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman1121 View Post
My wife and I shipped a car on our own out here. We used DAS Global Services to ship it from Florida to Hawai'i and it made it here with no new scratches or anything. I think it actually had the same mileage on it as when we dropped it off. Either way, they are alot better than the company who ships for the military now. That company lost our car and didn't find it until 3 months after the "scheduled" arrival date.
__________________
ACS T4 Splitter
ACS T4 Wind deflectors
Z/28 Spoiler
VMAXX TB
SLP Short Ram Blackwig CAI
Stainless Works Headers w/Hi-Flow Cats
blackoutVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #1786
Mattman1121
 
Mattman1121's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White SS/RS - L99
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutVIII View Post
Dang 3 months lost!! That sucks!! Was that International Auto Logistics that lost your vehicle? I know this company just took over. I am planning on using Trans Global, but I will get a quote from DAS as well.
Yeah, it was IAL, they had just gotten the contract and were severely undermanned. They lost our car shipping it from Germany to mainland, but we didn't have any problems (other than it being dirty when it arrived) when we shipped out here. I think most of the companies you get to ship from the main land will just truck it to California and then pay Matson (good company) to get it to the Island.
__________________
Current Mod(s)- Custom Magnaflow catback Exhaust, GMPP Strut Brace
Mattman1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #1787
MaukaRunner
 
Drives: 2010 L99 2SS in Silver Ice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Da 808 State
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawayanzl1 View Post
I remember being in the 50th State camaro's club. I used to own a black RS Z28 with white stripes and center lines. I used to call up everyone the week b4 the cruises when we used to get those big cruises. I used to get mad when it rained cuz a lot of F body guys didn't wanna get their cars wet. But when it was sunny we always had a good turn out. Them where the good old days!
Sorry, I only saw this now. I was one of the guys who formed that club. PM me if you are still on the board.
MaukaRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #1788
Hawayanzl1
 
Hawayanzl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 44
I went to the Windward Mall 1st Cruise Night of 2018. I saw like 4 ZL1’s at the Cruise for the very first time . 2 2014 Black ones and two 2018’s. A CRT and a white one that got turned away. Are there anymore on the island that wanna show up and unite all in a row? LMk
Hawayanzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #1789
Bretts
SS
 
Bretts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman1121 View Post
My wife and I shipped a car on our own out here. We used DAS Global Services to ship it from Florida to Hawai'i and it made it here with no new scratches or anything. I think it actually had the same mileage on it as when we dropped it off. Either way, they are alot better than the company who ships for the military now. That company lost our car and didn't find it until 3 months after the "scheduled" arrival date.
I have a property in Puna and plan on getting a car over there in the future I see scca auto-x is running in Hilo how much does shipping run?
__________________
JPSS Blackmagic 32mm rear swaybar caster locks and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body Cold Air Inductions c.a.i.MightyMouse Catch can Solo High Flow cats JBA silver shorty headers, npp short throw shift and lifetime xm3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings Verona XO wheels/ccs sp16a track set, mild to wild, acs ground effects
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome for new members. Come say hello! Moose New Member Introductions 1478 07-20-2018 07:47 AM
How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? stovt001 Off-topic Discussions 28 05-26-2009 09:17 PM
# Of Members TAG UR IT Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 25 03-16-2008 11:47 AM
1000 Members Strong! Welcome to Eleven11. TAG UR IT Off-topic Discussions 14 07-10-2007 10:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.