Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Last Day for Impala at Oshawa....

The last FWD Impala rolls off the line today at the Oshawa plant. After that, work will begin on setting up the flex line for the 5th gen, G8, etc.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

"And so it begins."
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Ooh, I see how things have been happening. I was told by a friend a couple months ago that the oshawa plant is being gutted. That must be the Pontic-Buick car plant. The Impala is getting moved over there for the next couple years (I think, I haven't heard about them suspending production of the Impala). So now they will be able to gut the Monte Carlo/Impala plant, then install the new flex line. Figure deconstruction will take a few months, done maybe in March? The building of a completly new line will take 5-6 months I'm guessing, this isn't simply retooling a few machines. That allows for things to be all set in . . . October. Just like we have been told. I like how we are getting more and more information to go on
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Ooh, I see how things have been happening. I was told by a friend a couple months ago that the oshawa plant is being gutted. That must be the Pontic-Buick car plant. The Impala is getting moved over there for the next couple years (I think, I haven't heard about them suspending production of the Impala). So now they will be able to gut the Monte Carlo/Impala plant, then install the new flex line. Figure deconstruction will take a few months, done maybe in March? The building of a completly new line will take 5-6 months I'm guessing, this isn't simply retooling a few machines. That allows for things to be all set in . . . October. Just like we have been told. I like how we are getting more and more information to go on
After they set everything up for the flex line, they'll have to thoroughly test it, which will take a few months. I sure hope they can get it done ahead of schedule.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
After they set everything up for the flex line, they'll have to thoroughly test it, which will take a few months. I sure hope they can get it done ahead of schedule.
Thats included in the build time, sort of. The first 30 or so cars that will be made in October are anticipated as being a test batch before the full production run. And at any rate, the automotive industry runs like clockwork, as opposed to aerospace.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote