Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #85
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
"you sure you wanna drive? its raining...this thing cant be safe in the rain"

to which i responded "its more fun in the rain"
Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #86
Zoneblitz3

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99, Crystal Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
DuBois? Sounds French. There's your clue, lol. Just give them the stink eye and they'll surrender.
While I agree whole-heartedly about France's military capabilities and mindset, I do think it's an ironic point to make about French words on a Chevrolet (French word) Camaro (French word) site... Just entertained by the irony, not criticizing the point, as I agree with it.
Zoneblitz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #87
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
There was a time that I didn't get a backhanded remark but more of an uneducated remark from my very own 21 year old daughter, whom was devastated when I sold my '68 Camaro, and since then ;has fallen in love with the new Camaros. she doesn't live with me and didn't know I bought a 12 Camaro, but the day I showed up at her house to drop off some things and visit her and her sister, she was out at work.
Her younger sister didn't recognize us at first because all she saw was "that Bichen Arse Camaro" pulling up into the driveway, which was cool seeing as she is just 16 years old and knows her cars, she was so stoked to see it was me that had it.
well....we were sitting there waiting for my older daughter to get home from work and it was getting late, she finally showed up and when she came inside the first thing out of her mouth was-"Hey! who drives the Challenger parked in my spot?" then she saw me sitting there and realized it was me and then a split second later her face turned red becuase she realized the mistake she made, knowing I would never get a Challenger.
She then just turned and ran right back outside and wanted to check out the car.....no hugs or "Hi Daddy" .....that Camaro was all she could think about....lol
She later gave me a big apology about the mistake, I told her I'm cool with it....it was dark outside and I understood, but..... if she ever refers to it as a challenger again then I guess I will just have to hand it down to her little sister, whom was the one who knew what it was at first glance....lol
Gotta love that girl.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #88
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
My best is "you only have the V6?" me..."Yea, what does your Camaro have in it?"

Other day a guy asked if "I have a V6", I said "yes", he was like oh, "so its the base model?" I was jealous, he is driving a 93 Grand Marquis old police car or somthing. Big V8 in that would thrash my V6.

Finnally a Meat head from the Gym drove by me in his F250 pick up, yelled out the window "Should have bought a V8", I was like "yes, but I didnt" He didnt say anything else.

People are asses! My $31k V6 RS has almost every feature my wife's $47k Edge has. The only thing the Edge has that I want is the cruise control distance thing. You set it for 1 to 3 car lengths I think. It automatically slows down when you get close and speeds up when the road opens up. Great for long trips. Show me another car that has luxury of a LT2 for around $30k with +300hp and is sexier than ponrstar dancer.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #89
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Sounds like most of these are just downright haters.

Only thing I can think of at the moment is this guy in a black 5.0 around here (2011 I think).

I've shown him my tail lights on 3 different occasions, but after I've always given him a thumbs up and a friendly wave. So one day I am pulling up to best buy and see a nice ride in parking lot (his mustang) but didn't know it was his at the moment. I like nice cars regardless of the manufacturer so I want to check it out. Park leaving a spot between us so I get out and start checking out his ride and he comes walking up.

I tell him he has a nice ride. No thank you or anything like that from him. Instead, he looks at mine and says "Those stripes look cute" and chuckles. Then it hits me and I just respond "Aren't you that guy I'm always putting a few car lengths on? How do you see the stripes from the back?"

Walked away shaking my head. Ford fan boy.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #90
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
The first words out of my "best friends" mouth when he saw my car were, "That's nice but I like Patrick's Mercedes better."

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #91
lilbluecoupe

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Blue Ray Metallic Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
i honestly never understood why people go out there way and say ''oh it's a v6'' just unreal. when I see a v6 i just say cool and move on. I can't imagine going out my way and trash talking someones ride in front of them.
The funny thing is, they didn't know it was a V6 until they asked me and they thought the car was awesome up to that point. Same with it being an automatic. I'd much rather have an M6, but I drive 40 miles a day in Seattle traffic. Just doesn't make sense for me. I love my car! I'd like to do something to make it sound better, but I know there's only so much you can do with a V6
lilbluecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #92
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
These stories are all really good! Nice to see some people share my disdain for d-bags!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #93
nferno
nferno SSLS3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM
around here it is mainly the older crowd that have a problem with the gen5. I was told once at a car show, That my car was a imposter and they stopped making camaros in 2002 and gm was disrespecting the older gen 1 camaro owners with this one. I asked where his was. His reply was I do not have one. I just said well you know what they say about opinions
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #94
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by nferno View Post
around here it is mainly the older crowd that have a problem with the gen5. I was told once at a car show, That my car was a imposter and they stopped making camaros in 2002 and gm was disrespecting the older gen 1 camaro owners with this one. I asked where his was. His reply was I do not have one. I just said well you know what they say about opinions
Well as someone that has a 1969 BBC Camaro and a 2013 1LE, that guy is full of you know what. I have owned the 1969 since 1985, and I will never sell that car (at least no time soon....I hope!). I will also say that this new Camaro is a much better car. It's a fact that cars built today are better in so many ways than the muscle cars of the 1960's and 1970's. The guy you spoke with has a right to his opinion......he also has the right to be wrong!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #95

Drives: 2010 camaro ss iom 6m
Had a guy tell me my tires were slick so i asked him has he ever bought one of those tires before he said naw then i said how you know it's slick then

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
430606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #96
KSMYSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I get alot of flack from friends for owning a camaro.. and I always get an ear full about how much better the mustang is. But, I always shut em up with "And what do you drive?"

People talk crap about camaros but drive a slow ass sedan, mommy looking car.

KSMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #97
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
As I was getting into my car at the gas station I had an old guy come up to me and say "They ever fix them Chevys where they'll go into reverse?". I said "Why don't you stand behind the car and let's find out?". He was driving a ford.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #98
RA1987

Drives: SS
Somebody left a flyer in my windshield about Global warming.
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote