Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
SS front Brakes.....

Is there a writeup or a link to a thread anyone can give me that will explain how to replace the front brake pads? It looks easy like an ol truck I used to have where you can pull the pads out from the top of the caliper. I thought it would just be better if I ask first so I dont miss anything. Also cant seem to find a way to compress the brake pistons back in to get old pads out/new pads in. Also gonna take the rotors off to ge turned. Any Help?

Edit: Its a 2011 SS if thats a difference.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
Is there a writeup or a link to a thread anyone can give me that will explain how to replace the front brake pads? It looks easy like an ol truck I used to have where you can pull the pads out from the top of the caliper. I thought it would just be better if I ask first so I dont miss anything. Also cant seem to find a way to compress the brake pistons back in to get old pads out/new pads in. Also gonna take the rotors off to ge turned. Any Help?

Yes. The DIY of Camaro5 sticky has 3 or 4 DIYs on how to change the front brake pads.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post

DIY: change Brake Pads/ rotors

All the info you need should be in that thread. If you have any further questions, feel free to call, PM or email me!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
05SilverStreak

Thanks guys. I was searching but too much to look through came up. I was lookinng for a "how to" section and its a "DIY"...Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
05SilverStreak

Just checking back in. Thanks again to the The Stig and the JDP guy. Brake change went great! After a closer inspection of the BREMBO 4 piston caliper and brakes I have to say I was impressed with the setup. However I did not find much use for the "hammer in, hammer out" keeper pins for the brake pads. Seems to me BREMBO could have done better with this. Like a keeper pine or small "hood lock" type pin assembly instead of the punch hammer thing. Just gives you an opportunity to miss the mark and either hit your hand or dent and scratch the front of the caliper. Either than that-awesome. Just my .02 cents.