Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #183
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats on the longest running COTW ever! hahaha! On the real though. Nice ride man!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #184
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
Congrats on the longest running COTW ever! hahaha! On the real though. Nice ride man!
Thanks man haha!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #185
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Right!!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #186
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Right!!
Thanks man!

I noticed you are having JPSS work on your block. Are you also going to be doing any other work from them? I am looking at their light weight racing crash bars.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #187
1KillerSS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Thanks man!

I noticed you are having JPSS work on your block. Are you also going to be doing any other work from them? I am looking at their light weight racing crash bars.
I decided to have Hutter Performance/Hutter Racing do the engine and tuning. I toured his engine shop, and wow!

Hes got two engine dynos, not to mention a full on machine shop. Plus he is only 2 1/2 hours away.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 01-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #188
djcolopi

Quote:
I decided to have Hutter Performance/Hutter Racing do the engine and tuning. I toured his engine shop, and wow!

Hes got two engine dynos, not to mention a full on machine shop. Plus he is only 2 1/2 hours away.
Must have missed that information in your build thread. Yeah the distance Hutter Performance is from you is definitely a plus! Just drop by and check on the progress and get some quality images of the work to post up.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #189
1KillerSS

Quote:
Must have missed that information in your build thread. Yeah the distance Hutter Performance is from you is definitely a plus! Just drop by and check on the progress and get some quality images of the work to post up.
Like JPSS, they have NASCAR ties. Hutter builds engines for the K&N series, and has been building for other NASCAR series for years. Was super impressed by their shop, which has a full on machine shop and two engine dyno's at their disposal. Not to mention the Performance end, which was also very impressive. JPSS is a quality shop also, but these guys are all in house, and have been doing it since the 60's.

Build thread
Old 01-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #190
djcolopi

Quote:
Like JPSS, they have NASCAR ties. Hutter builds engines for the K&N series, and has been building for other NASCAR series for years. Was super impressed by their shop, which has a full on machine shop and two engine dyno's at their disposal. Not to mention the Performance end, which was also very impressive. JPSS is a quality shop also, but these guys are all in house, and have been doing it since the 60's.
That's awesome. You know you are getting some hardcore experience and commitment especially considering they have been in business so long.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #191
1KillerSS

Quote:
That's awesome. You know you are getting some hardcore experience and commitment especially considering they have been in business so long.
Yea man, speaking of engines, what's the status of your bottom end build?

Build thread
Old 01-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #192
djcolopi

Quote:
Yea man, speaking of engines, what's the status of your bottom end build?
Slowly but surely getting the pieces together. I decided to build the block instead of purchasing the built engine from GPI out of Gretchens build. I purchased the JacFab forged rods from Jason; paid in full just told him to ship them out on the 16th of this month since im back with family right now on break. Jason also started a group buy for forged pistons from Diamond.

Forged Steel 4032
10.5:1
No taper on piston skirt for JacFab ConRods

However, I am waiting on Justin (BCS) and Will (Overkill) on one of the big projects. Currently doing testing on cams with modified fuel lobes for the HPFP; I am running out of fuel. If that does not pan out we have a few companies that can make a custom HPFP, but we are talking a $2000 solution. Then once I get all the parts in hand, ill bring her in to JE Import Performance and have them drop the block, bore it out (3.9L) and use Darton Sleeves. So right now im just waiting to see the results on the modified cams. Overall im looking at $649.00 for the JacFab forged rods (group buy discount), $1050.00 for the Diamond Forged Pistons, $1800.00 for the Darton Sleeves, and then it depends on what we find out within the next month about the HPFP and then just labor.

Last edited by djcolopi; 01-03-2017 at 09:14 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #193
djcolopi

Recently purchased the BMR Extreme Anti-Roll Kit from Justin at BCS (Buzzkill Custom Solutions). Should be the last rear suspension part of my build.

BMR Suspension:
BMR Lower Control Arms - Non-adjustable
BMR Trailing Arms
BMR Toe Rods - Non-adjustable
BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop
BMR Extreme Anti-Roll Kit

Lingenfelter Suspension:
Lingenfelter Supercar Drag Coilovers

My RPM fire wall was also delivered today. I was looking forward to the piece and installing it; however, I am a little disappointed with it. Only one side was powder coated and it is extremely thin and flimsy.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #194
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Nice looking forward to this build!
Old 01-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #195
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandeep View Post
Nice looking forward to this build!
Thank you I appreciate it I have updated my initial post. Everything is up to date and I have included my wish list and current projects.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #196
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Awesome build! Keep me posted on the crash bars...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote