Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Is it plain? Or is it just me?

Okay, so im in the process of getting my rockers and rear diffuser from Maureen in the coming days to help upgrade the look of my car. Looking at my car, most of all from an angle like this, is it me or is it even when the rockers are installed, the left and ride sides look plain? When i look at other Camaro's, most of all owners with darker colors, i don't get that feeling. My car does look good, I'm not denying that, but in this picture where you can see the entire side of the car, to me, it looks plain. Even when the rockers are installed, I still think it will look plain. I want to put some kind of stripe or something on both sides to accentuate the cars already good looks and enhance the appearance on both sides of the car. Any idea's? Anybody with pic's of any kind of stripes/decals done to the sides of their cars they can post up for inspiration?
Attached Images

dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Not plain at all. It's smoking hot. Less is more in my option. Stripes are why overused on these cars in my opinion. In the end it's really about what makes you happy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
It'll come together nicely, I think. I can't stop staring at pictures of my ride since I got the side rockers, lol... it really does change the look of our rides for the better.

There are many styles to choose from, not sure which type you want to go with... are you looking for painted, full-cover versions like mine... or are you looking for a matte black ZL1 style set? Its a tough decision because it will look good either way I think.

Here's one idea... hope you find what you like, some striping might work but I think it would be a bit too much if you go too thick...
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
dantemcc

I'm getting the ZL1 style rockers and the 1LE diffuser. Both will be painted gloss black, i think it'll stand out more if they were glossy instead of the matte black. Where did you find that pic? I love that black stripe just below the door. Got another idea i didnt think about till i saw that pic. Change the CAMARO on the quarter panel and paint it black.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Nice... its an addiction, innit, lol.

I just searched for Yellow 2014's with GFX and that popped up...
Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Did you remove the hood wrap?

Car looks good man! The ZL1 rockers will make a difference. You could always dip the wheels black, dark gunmetal, or have them hydro dipped in Carbon fiber patterns. But dip is reversible easily.

Black gill accents would help tie the sides, spoiler and your hood together also.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #7
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I'm getting the ZL1 style rockers and the 1LE diffuser. Both will be painted gloss black, i think it'll stand out more if they were glossy instead of the matte black. Where did you find that pic? I love that black stripe just below the door. Got another idea i didnt think about till i saw that pic. Change the CAMARO on the quarter panel and paint it black.
I was going to suggest going with the black or carbon fiber rockers it you think it looks plain ... I think either would compliment your strips and look great
Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #8
ZOOK

Drives: 2010 2ss 6 speed
I started here

And still addinq

ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #9
dantemcc

The wrap is still on there. This pic was taken i believe a few weeks before i put it on. Havent been home since putting the wrap on to get pics of it with it on other then when i put it on. But, even with it on, still looks the same.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #10
WannaBgeneral

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss/RS premium sound
What gives you that feeling is the Camaro emblem on the front fenders.. they are at least from the sixties...
WannaBgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:57 PM   #11
Spec
Account Suspended

Nice ride ZOOK! Looks like you have an emblem near the rear of your rockers? What is that?

There's always the option of adding emblems instead instead of stripping for added accents, yet not too much.

I'm going to try this set on my side rockers' bottom left corners. May be too much but maybe not...
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #12
dantemcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOK View Post
I started here

And still addinq

That thing is fire. Love the hood.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #13
dantemcc

I put the gill accents on the same day i put the wrap on. Forgot all about that. I also put some of the wrap over the fuel cap as well. I found the door decals in the pic that Spec posted. $143.53 for both sides. Those are Genuine GM parts and i cant find knock off's to lower the price down a bit. But, if i cant, the decal would be worth it. I dont want to do to much, because i dont want it to be saturated. I want everything to blend it and compliment each accent.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #14
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Black rims will do the trick