Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
LFX Dyno Thread

The original LFX dyno thread is dead. The google spreadsheet has not been updated in over 2 years; furthermore, the spreadsheet was also deleted. So I have taken it upon myself to organize all the data and start over. In addition to reviving the LFX spreadsheet I have changed the layout. Within the spreadsheet I have the following 'sheets'; stock, bolt-ons; NOs and forced induction. This will allow forum members to easily navigate the data instead of having one continuous list that never ends. Furthermore, it correlates directly to the LFX 1/4mi spreadsheet.

I have added all the members on the original spreadsheet and everyone that posted on the old thread. However, since the old thread will be deleted, I ask that everyone post their dyno sheets onto this new thread with the information listed below.

Type and make of dyno: (ex. dynojet model 248x, mustang, etc.)
ODO at the time of the dyno:
Temperature:
Manual/auto:
Gear used(3rd or 4th):
Modification:
Correction used(STD or SAE):
Result:

Information Posted by bmorecam;
When we dyno our car there are 2 major component that most dyno's use to calculate accurate results. They are the correction factors. There are over half of dozen corrections that can be used but here in USA we only use 2, the STD and SAE.
The correction standards were developed to discount the observed horsepower readings taken at different locations and weather conditions. It is obvious that an engine builder in Colorado could not produce as much horsepower as a shop at sea level. There is just less oxygen for the engine to burn at the higher altitude. What are less obvious are the other weather condition effects on the engine. So in order to compensate for this, all advertised horsepower is "corrected" to several different industry standards.

SAE:
"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg of dry air and 77 F. This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE(society of automotive engineers). Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg of dry air and 60 F. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

To sum everything up, both correction factors basically mimic a preset condition which was created by the society of automotive engineers. So... although the SAE correction factor is recognized today as the "standard" correction in the automotive industry, this does not mean reading a dyno number with STD cf is wrong. No matter which correction factor your dyno shop uses, you should get an accurate comparison as long as you compare SAE vs SAE and STD vs STD.

Spreadsheet link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 11-30-2016, 10:58 AM   #2
djcolopi

Stock

Screenshot - LFX Stock
Attached Images

Last edited by djcolopi; 01-28-2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: update
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
djcolopi

Bolt-ons

Screenshot - LFX Bolt-ons
Attached Images

Last edited by djcolopi; 01-28-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
djcolopi

NOs

Screenshot - LFX NOs
Attached Images

Last edited by djcolopi; 01-28-2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #5
djcolopi

Forced Induction

Screenshot - LFX Forced Induction
Attached Images

Last edited by djcolopi; 01-28-2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-30-2016, 11:46 AM   #6
djcolopi

Type and make of dyno: Dynapack 53 4WD
ODO at the time of the dyno:
Temperature: 72
Manual/auto: Auto
Gear used(3rd or 4th): 4th
Modification:JacFab LFX Ported Intake Manifold; Overkill 80mm Throttle Body; Twin Turbos GTX2863R; ZL1 Fuel Pump; 3" Straight Pipe
Correction used(STD or SAE): SAE
Result: 510rwhp/478tq

Name:  Dyno Sheet_2.jpg
Views: 7812
Size:  183.7 KB

Last edited by djcolopi; 01-17-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #7
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Good job. Thanks for doing this. Will be posting my results early in 2017. Few more things to do first.

One question.... how is it possible the SYCRAFT pulled a 284/246 with a stock LFX ?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #8
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Good job. Thanks for doing this. Will be posting my results early in 2017. Few more things to do first.

One question.... how is it possible the SYCRAFT pulled a 284/246 with a stock LFX ?
No problem! To be honest I am not sure; could have been perfect conditions. I went back and searched through the thread just to be sure I entered it correctly into the cell and it is correct. I believe they are still active on the forum even though they now drive a c7 corvette.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #9
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Sub'd.....again lol

Should be able to add some FI numbers in the next few months
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
Sub'd.....again lol

Should be able to add some FI numbers in the next few months
Sounds good man! Did you get dynoed with your bolt-ons and E85? I did not see a post in the last thread.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:32 PM   #11
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Sounds good man! Did you get dynoed with your bolt-ons and E85? I did not see a post in the last thread.
No I never had the time off work to get it done. That being said I'm out on an injury and I can't shift the car, rotator cuff, so I'll be getting that dyno done in the next few months. I want a before and after
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:52 PM   #12
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
No I never had the time off work to get it done. That being said I'm out on an injury and I can't shift the car, rotator cuff, so I'll be getting that dyno done in the next few months. I want a before and after
Life always finds a way to disrupt plans. Get better man! Yeah its nice to be able to compare and see where improvements have been made. Just make sure its tested on the same dyno and uses the same correction factor.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #13
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
once i get tuned i'll send you my info and chart to post up bro! thanks for doing this!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:49 PM   #14
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
once i get tuned i'll send you my info and chart to post up bro! thanks for doing this!
Sounds good man and no problem!