Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Tims G8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Flowmaster Shorty Headers?

Has any one put these on PN 814122? How did they fit? Anything else needed for installation? Any noticeable difference in performance or exhaust note? Any sound clips with a stock or GM performance mufflers? I'm just looking at them for a mild upgrade. If you have had them for awhile how are they holding up?
Tims G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
General rule of thumb with shorty headers is that you're not going to gain much, if anything. Most of the performance is gained from eliminating the stock catalytic converters and going with high-flows or nothing at all.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Tims G8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Anyone have any more info on these. They are on sale on Flowmaster's website and I have been thinking about buying them.
Tims G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I mean, the other poster is right, you won't gain a ton of power off shorties alone. Though you will gain a little with the lousy stock design, but mostly just sound. Delete the cats or get long tubes for actual power.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:47 PM   #5
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I disagree with those who think there is no HP to be found with short headers.

These are a copy of JBA's shorty headers I put on my V6 and all you need to do is hold them next to the stock cast iron exhaust manifolds to see the improvement. Combined with high flow cats, they can provide a significant boost. But usually, people buy these to maintain the stock position of their stock cats and pass EPA emission standards- then you get less improvement in HP.

JBA actually has a CARB # to meet California standards on theirs. JBA part#1816 Carb Approved D-57-33.

I paired mine with a set of Solo high flow cats and loved'em... except for the weld on flanges that required an exacting match up weld job to prevent leaking at the "V-band" attachment that made these a complete PIA to maintain.

If you don't need to maintain EPA standards you're better off to go long tubes!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
shorty headers + high flow cats = gains!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Our Shorty Headers for the 2010-2011 Camaro are designed to fit like stock and utilize the OEM gaskets. During installation these gaskets can be reused but it never hurts to replace your old gaskets with new ones. Other than that, all items necessary to complete the install are included. Our Shorty Headers are designed with performance in mind so a gain in horsepower and torque should be expected, however every application may vary. An increase in exhaust tone is common with any performance header upgrade. If you have any further questions I encourage you to contact us at 707-544-4761 and speak with one of our Support Reps. Don’t forget to mention your forum discount when you call!
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
Tech@Flowmaster

Just wanted to add the dyno chart when R&D tested our shorty header 814122 on a stock 2011 3.6L Camaro to show that horsepower and torque gains can be had with the simple addition of our Scavenger Series Elite Headers.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
With the new Flowmaster headers what mid pipe do recommend using that is universal and will fit the Flowmaster headers?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #10
Tech@Flowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueovalman View Post
With the new Flowmaster headers what mid pipe do recommend using that is universal and will fit the Flowmaster headers?
Our recommendation for a Universal mid-pipe that would work well with our Scavenger Series Elite “Shorty” Header is our 2.5 inch Scavenger Crossover Pipe Kit. This is a 2.5 inch, mandrel-bent 5 piece kit that allows the user to adapt our kit to fit nearly any application. We also have a 3 inch Scavenger Crossover Pipe Kit that will connect to our “Shorty” Header with a bit more adaptation. If you need any additional assistance in choosing the correct exhaust items for you vehicle, please give us a call at 707-544-4761 and speak with our knowledgeable Support Staff.
-Jason at Flowmaster