Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
Swindle3234

Drives: Yellow 2011 2LT RS
V6 Superchargers

Hey guys, I am a new owner of of a stock 2011 2LT camaro with 80,000 miles on it. It’s my first car and I am currently looking into RX supercharging it. However, I had a few questions on whether or not it was safe for the car. What problems would it cause the motor and powertrain, and is there anything I should do to prep the car before supercharging it?
Swindle3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
LLT Supercharger

Look up Overkill V6 Superchargers and you will find out the info you want, or go to Facebook 5th Gen V6 Performance page...
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
Swindle3234

Drives: Yellow 2011 2LT RS
Okay thank you!
Swindle3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #4
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle3234 View Post
Hey guys, I am a new owner of of a stock 2011 2LT camaro with 80,000 miles on it. It’s my first car and I am currently looking into RX supercharging it. However, I had a few questions on whether or not it was safe for the car. What problems would it cause the motor and powertrain, and is there anything I should do to prep the car before supercharging it?
Definetly look into the Overkill supercharger kit. I had the IPF version a couple years back and it was awesome, I was able to do the install myself with basic skills and the power difference was crazy. Just learn from my mistakes and check your oil level often (every time you fill up gas) and you should be good.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #5
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I had the IPF supercharger on my 2011, Had it for 3 years. Removed the Supercharger, Sold the car, now have the supercharger on a 2014 Camaro, drove it all year round with no problems
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #6
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Are you auto or manual? (If manual I'd say maybe upgrade the clutch) With a 2011 I'd say you'd want headers to get maximum benefits from boost, but I don't know what Indiana's emissions laws / checks are like. The Overkill 80mm TB is a good choice. There are also LLT ported intake manifolds (I think), plus the Iceolator and plenum spacer. Otherwise the stuff you need is in the Overkill S/C kit.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #7
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Just finished putting in a ported intake manifold, and the iceolator and plenum spacer. On my old build I only had the iceolator intake manifold spacer, and I'm not seeing much more gain with the ported intake manifold and plenum spacer added. But I did them anyway since there is no extra work if you're installing the iceolator. Whether you go boosted or not, LT headers are a must for the LLT, really good increase of low end power, and it was also just what I needed for my ideal exhaust sound.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote