Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: Shifting into 2nd gear on your V6 M6?
Periodic / Regular Grind 194 45.97%
Periodic / Regular Bind 89 21.09%
No Issue 139 32.94%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #141
75rusty
awesome!

Drives: 07 Jetta WB, '92 GTI 16vT, '76 LUV
Huh.

Mine's still in the shop.
75rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #142
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Back
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #143
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
As far as shifting gears goes now... the trans feels totally different. It was more of a clunk into gears before, now it feels much smoother and less notchy. 2nd also feels like every other gear which it never did before. Hopefully this all makes sense.. Ok back to driving

FYI: flywheel bolts were loose, the keyway between 2nd gear and the center shaft was damaged.. in all they ordered 4x part numbers but in the end only used the new trans assembly and the new flywheel bolts along with some loctite.
Good Luck dude!
SummitWhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #144
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
Finally a lucky break!

They found new bolts somewhere and had a tech stay until midnight to button it up. The manager of the dealership said they ended up doing a whole new transmission and did the TSB for the flywheel bolts. They did 3x test drives on it today and said she's ready to come home!

FINALLY!

I'll post an update once I get a chance to drive it!
Couldn't find the TSB on the flywheel blots. Could you send me that info?
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #145
02pewtersix

Drives: 2013 ZL1
all you guys sending in your cars for the trans problems, do yall have any modifications done?...exhaust,intake?? just curious cuz im in an arguement now with one dealership on my aftermarket parts voiding my warranty. theres no proof on their side and now i cant get a response and people are sending me to other people to talk to cuz no one can help or knows what they are doing. anyone else?
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #146
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02pewtersix View Post
all you guys sending in your cars for the trans problems, do yall have any modifications done?...exhaust,intake?? just curious cuz im in an arguement now with one dealership on my aftermarket parts voiding my warranty. theres no proof on their side and now i cant get a response and people are sending me to other people to talk to cuz no one can help or knows what they are doing. anyone else?
There's a little thing called the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Vehicle manufacturers are not allowed to void the vehicle warranty just because aftermarket parts are on the vehicle. It is ILLEGAL!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #147
02pewtersix

yea, i actually had that in hand after i went back up there to them.

i told them about it one day and they kept argueing. left and went back up there the next day and showed them...thats when they started telling me who i need to talk to and kept running me in circles with so many different people
Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #148
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

It doesnt matter
Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #149
nak3dsnake

Quote:
yea, i actually had that in hand after i went back up there to them.

i told them about it one day and they kept argueing. left and went back up there the next day and showed them...thats when they started telling me who i need to talk to and kept running me in circles with so many different people
Contact the better business bureau, or a GM service representative higher up the food chain. Or go somewhere else like CAMAR0 said.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #150
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
No problems with my SOLO exhaust being on the car for warranty work. You need to find a more friendly dealership. Check with Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 just north of Sugar Land.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #151
02pewtersix

great! thanks guys, guess a different dealership will have to do it. ill check into the champion on hwy6, since they are a sponsor and all for Htowncamaro club. thanks rolnslo

thanks everyone for the input! hopefully i can get my trans taken care of, every gear feels heavy and clunky. 2nd is worse. dont seem to be able to shift like i want.

what does TSB stand for (technical service bulletin maybe)? is there not a recall on this yet?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #152
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Ya, technical service bulletin. Ill post the doc number for the tsb on the flywheel when i get home.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #153
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Document ID: 2290691
2010 C hevrolet C amaro [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] | C amaro (VIN F) Service Manual | Preliminary Information |
Document ID: 2290691
#PIP4655: Low Mileage Manual Transmission Difficult To
Shift - keywords hard
- (Jun 11, 2009)
Low Mileage Manual Transmission Difficult To Shift
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Equipped With a Aisin AY6 Manual Transmission RPO MV5 And V-6
Engine
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehic le exhibits the symptom(s) desc ribed in this PI.
Condition/Concern:
Customers may c omment that the transmission is difficult to shift into 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gears in
the above listed vehic le with low mileage, typic ally below 50 miles (80 kilometers).
Recommendation/Instructions:
The Aisin AY6 transmission sync hronizers requires a break in period. The shifting should improve after
about 50 miles (80 kilometers) of c ity driving and shifting of the transmission. Do not attempt any
repairs until the break-in period in c ity type driving has been completed. Vehic les built after June
18th 2009 will have the transmissions broken-in prior to installation into the vehic le and should not
exhibit this c ondition.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and c omplete eac h step. If the c ondition
exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be
Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #154
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

2010 C hevrolet C amaro [xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] | C amaro (VIN F) Service Manual | Preliminary Information |
Document ID: 2447469
#PIP4774A: Soft Or Low Clutch Pedal Hard To Shift
Transmission Grind When Shifting Or Unable To Shift
-
(Apr 19, 2010)
Subject:
Soft Or Low Clutch Pedal, Hard To Shift Transmission, Grind When
Shifting Or Unable To Shift
Models:
2010 Cadillac CTS
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Built Prior To February 2010 And Equipped With a Manual Transmission RPO
MV5 Or MV7
This PI was superseded to add models, change title and customer concern. Please discard
PIP4774.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehic le exhibits the symptom(s) desc ribed in this PI.
Condition/Concern:
Customers may c omment that the c lutc h pedal is soft, low or the transmission is difficult to shift or
cannot be shifted into any gear particularly when at a stop with the engine running or the
transmission grinds when shifting into any gear. Technicians may find that the c lutch does not
completely disengage when the c lutch pedal is depressed. This c onc ern may be caused by loose
clutc h pressure plate bolts.
Recommendation/Instructions:
1. Chec k the torque on ALL of the pressure plate bolts, the torque should be at or above 30 N·m
(22 lb ft).
2. If all of the bolts were properly torqued replace the bolts and apply red Loc tite 242 to the
threads, then proc eed with published diagnosis.
3. If any of the bolts were found to be loose remove the pressure plate and inspec t both the
© 2010 General Motors. All rights reserved.
pressure plate surfac e as well as the clutc h disc , if any c onc erns are found such as heat
distress replace the components as nec essary using procedures listed in SI.
4. During reassembling replac e all the pressure attac hing bolts and apply red Loctite 242 to the
threads to make c ertain the bolts do not c ome loose.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and c omplete eac h step. If the c ondition
exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be
performed.

Tags
ay6, bind, grind, repair, swap