Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #225
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Replacement mag shocks are already expensive.

I see all this newer tech ending up just like modern Corvettes, where the only replacement parts you'll find are from a junkyard. So many electronic pieces are obsolete for 1997-2000; TPMS, EBCM, SWPS, etc are stupid expensive if you can find them
I've previously read about the Corvette issue. Is it true of 2001-04 models too?
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #226
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
They all can't look as perfect as a 70 RS/SS, i think the refresh will go over just fine once they hit the streets . Never will there be a Camaro that pleases every fan so if people don't like them oh well there is always Mustang , and they are very popular i hear .
Gm used to have the most asthetically pleasing designs and refreshes. Heck, even the competitor makes (domestic and import) would copy their designs. Sure, some were complete disasters like the Pontiac Aztek, but we're talking about a Camaro here, not some FWD CUV appliance.

The only Camaro that may have been a step back in refreshes might be the '74-'77 models. The '74-'77's were hampered with those huge 5 mph aluminum bumpers. However, Pontiac did a much better job at integrating them into the exisiting design on the Firebird.

The new Mustang is a nice looking car, but I am getting a little tired of the Aston Martin look. On the next gen Mustang, I wish they would do a more severe fastback shape. You know, something like the classic '67-'68 fastback models.

Now, if Ford did a retro inspired '69-'70 Mustang, which are my favorite models of all time, they might have my undivided attention. However, I already have a 5th gen and no Mustang is better than that, in my opinion.

I would also like to see GM do a retro inspired 2nd gen for the upcoming 7th gen. It's the natural progression of the design from the 5th gen derived 6th gen. That is, unless they go into a totally new direction. However, I think they already tried that with the 4th gen and the results were less than optimal.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #227
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
You have a good eye. The owner of that car has a buddy with the exact car. But its a Nascar version of some sort it says on the info board. Hi po motor...different rims and a great stance. Ill google the car for better info...its also autographed by a famous driver that I don't recall If I see it I will pm you some pics..the car is ultra rare. I'm thinking Richard Petty.
My dad had a 57 Olds with a J2 motor with three deuces. They are just works of art and damn good runner for their day. I cant image The King running an 57 olds. His dad Maybe?

Edit: you were right. I never knew. Very interesting. https://www.legendarycollectorcars.c...57-oldsmobile/
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #228
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Gm used to have the most asthetically pleasing designs and refreshes. Heck, even the competitor makes (domestic and import) would copy their designs. Sure, some were complete disasters like the Pontiac Aztek, but we're talking about a Camaro here, not some FWD CUV appliance.

The only Camaro that may have been a step back in refreshes might be the '74-'77 models. The '74-'77's were hampered with those huge 5 mph aluminum bumpers. However, Pontiac did a much better job at integrating them into the exisiting design on the Firebird.

The new Mustang is a nice looking car, but I am getting a little tired of the Aston Martin look. On the next gen Mustang, I wish they would do a more severe fastback shape. You know, something like the classic '67-'68 fastback models.

Now, if Ford did a retro inspired '69-'70 Mustang, which are my favorite models of all time, they might have my undivided attention. However, I already have a 5th gen and no Mustang is better than that, in my opinion.

I would also like to see GM do a retro inspired 2nd gen for the upcoming 7th gen. It's the natural progression of the design from the 5th gen derived 6th gen. That is, unless they go into a totally new direction. However, I think they already tried that with the 4th gen and the results were less than optimal.
When i think 7th Gen the last thing i want to see is a retro inspired 2nd gen , what i think about is something between the concept cars TRU-140S and the FNR , that would be a Camaro . You should look those cars up , the 140S has a great rear hatch back design and the mid section forward on the FNR is amazing , if you have a some vision you can see some of the 19 refresh in it, kinda. You can also look up the FNR-X and see a lot of the new Blazer .We don't need any more retro retreads with Camaros . And besides that there is no way they could do a decent 2nd Gen retro ,its not as simple as the 69 was .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #229
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
My dad had a 57 Olds with a J2 motor with three deuces. They are just works of art and damn good runner for their day. I cant image The King running an 57 olds. His dad Maybe?

Edit: you were right. I never knew. Very interesting. https://www.legendarycollectorcars.c...57-oldsmobile/
I don't have a pic but I tried the clubs members award pics and found one. If you zoom into the engine you can see the breather on the left is narrow. It goes diagonal across the motor...its not very wide. I wide try to get better pics when I see it.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1529809537
Attached Images

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #230
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Here is a link to some info on a car being sold...your right its a J2 motor but if you scroll down past the story it s the motor setup im talking about...looks like the breather goes diagonal....and in the article it mentions Lee and Richard .
http://rods-classics.com/content/195...-j-2-tri-power
Old 06-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #231
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I been driving a Blazer for 18 years ,its my daily driver and love it ,but i would much rather have the new one look like my Camaro then my old Blazer . I will be in line for the Blazer when sales start. I am sure many people on both sides will have there panties in a twist and i look forward to the stupid talk that will come from it . Only thing i'm thinking about is what color i will get.
I see your busy on both forms trying to make your opinion factual . The Blazer design fully supports my comment about how the 6th gen kinda looks like alot of other cars on the road design wise....now your seeing it yourself despite you not agreeing.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #232
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
If mediocrity is the new styling norm for GM then they're doing a fine job.

This is a Chevy Blazer.

This is a toaster. Any questions?
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #233
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I see your busy on both forms trying to make your opinion factual . The Blazer design fully supports my comment about how the 6th gen kinda looks like alot of other cars on the road design wise....now your seeing it yourself despite you not agreeing.
There is similarity in all cars on the road , and yes the 6th gen does share looks with other cars on the road. But the similarities end very quickly when side by side . I have always said that the 6th gen front is Camry like and that don't bother me in any way . There is no car that is that far off from another . Look at then gen 5 Camaro , nothing original looking there , looks similar to a 1969 Camaro , just really puffed up .
Old 06-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #234
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK141SS View Post
Because you think the old Blazer looks better???
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #235
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK141SS View Post

This is a Chevy Blazer.

This is a toaster. Any questions?
Do you have a fear of toasters ?
Old 06-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #236
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Replacement mag shocks are already expensive.

I see all this newer tech ending up just like modern Corvettes, where the only replacement parts you'll find are from a junkyard. So many electronic pieces are obsolete for 1997-2000; TPMS, EBCM, SWPS, etc are stupid expensive if you can find them

The automotive industry seems to embrace and even try to accelerate the concept of planned obsolescence.

Consider that you cannot even purchase seats for a 2015 Z28 at this point. A 3 year old vehicle.

The idea that you'll own a vehicle long enough to pass it down to your children is a thought from a bygone era.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #237
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
T. Look at then gen 5 Camaro , nothing original looking there , looks similar to a 1969 Camaro , just really puffed up .

I would prefer my car resembling a 69 a lot more than I would it looking like a Chevy Cruze from the front. Everytime I see a new Cruze coming at me I think of the Gen 6 Camaro which isn't a good reminder to me. I don't think a Camaro should be a a "corporate" looking car. This said a Gen 6 SS Summit White Camaro passed by me the other day. It's my cars replacement twin of sorts. And I liked it..... go figure?
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #238
hntrgthrs

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Do you have a fear of toasters ?
Maybe he is a Pop Tart.