Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #57
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
My buddy didn't have his T tops closed right in his 89 GTA. I heard a rattle rattle rattle, then FWOOSH! T-top basically ejector seats out of the car (We were doing about 80 MPH) and just barely flies over the top of my other buddy driving behind us. Almost went through his windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #58
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
My buddy didn't have his T tops closed right in his 89 GTA. I heard a rattle rattle rattle, then FWOOSH! T-top basically ejector seats out of the car (We were doing about 80 MPH) and just barely flies over the top of my other buddy driving behind us. Almost went through his windshield.
That would suck to catch in the face...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #59
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
I have a few:

#1) I was driving home from dropping my (then) g/f off at her house in Pleasant Garden, NC on my way to Clemmons, NC. I was on I-40W and just about to get to the point where Old 40 split from the bypass (it was New 40 back then) when I saw headlights from the other side of the highway, but they were "flashing" together. I was pretty tired (it was around 2:30AM) so I couldn't figure out what was going on until a mid-80s Grand Prix whipped hard left, bounced down through the median and jumped across the left lane on my side of the interstate. I didn't even have time to react. I saw the tail of an 85-87 Grand Prix fly past the windshield of my '96 Camaro and then saw sparks behind me followed by tail lights. Some how, the dude or chick that fell asleep at the wheel managed to wake up and correct their perpendicular course to end up travelling back west-bound. It totally freaked me out.

#2) I was driving down a back road on my way out one night and it was pouring down rain. As a younger buck, I tended to speed excessively. This night was no different. All of a sudden, I see this girl stumbling down the double yellow line holding a fifth of Jack. She was close enough to my car that I still remember what she was wearing... an OD Green Army field jacket, with a fuscia looking sweater and a black skirt with torn up black tights. Her hair was matted from the rain and her eyeliner was dripping down her cheeks. I whipped the wheel to avoid her and nearly lost control.

#3) I was driving to school (commuted to UNCG from western Forsyth County for my "college career") one morning on I-40. As usual, some idiot decides at the last minute that they needed to go from the far-left lane to the PTI exit in the area that has been christened "the valley of death". I managed to skate through the carnage but as I looked behind me, I saw an 18 wheeler that was unable to stop drive up over the trunk and the left-rear of an older Volvo. I was rear-ended by a van doing at least 70 a few months later while I was stopped due to a traffic jam.

Those are just a few.... One more for the road.....

#4) I was driving my '07 Trailblazer SS back from Caruthersville, MO after going to church with my grandparents one Sunday morning. I had my wife, mom, and grandma in the vehicle with me and the sky in front of me was becoming a sickly blue-green color. Where I was, we had pure sunlight right above us (my sunroof "blind" was open) but as I looked to my left, I watched a tornado spool down from the clouds just off the interstate to my left (I was on I-55N). I didn't hesitate to put my foot to the mat on that one. I made it about 2 miles up the road when I ran into torrential rain and some hail and had to slow back due to lack of visibility. The crazy part of it all was that everyone in the vehicle was carrying on a conversation and none of the gals believed me when I said, "HOLY CRAP!!! TORNADO!!!" They didn't believe it until a small debris cloud started funnelling up into the air about 1/4 mile from us. That was a little crazy.

-Tim
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #60
archtaan

Drives: car
I commute 130 miles a day in a lifted Excursion. I can usually look down into the sun roofs of other cars. I have seen just about anything you can imagine short of someone giving birth. Toys, boyfriend/girlfriends, girlfriend/girlfriends, boyfriend/boyfriend (didn't say it was all good), drugs, watching TV, grooming, changing clothes, you name it.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #61
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I saw a UFO but it turned out to be a Mexican sombrero.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #62
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I saw a UFO but it turned out to be a Mexican sombrero.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #63
orbitearl

Drives: 2010 r/s switchblade metalic
Once saw a guy on a motorcyle sitting in the lane next to me set his helmet on fire. Then drive into the front door of a bar and out the back.....helmet still on fire!
orbitearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #64
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
i was out cruising once on my 3rd gen and i saw a young teenager fall from a moving low rider car. and the car ran her over freaky thing was she got up and said i am alright.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #65
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Saw this Versa while driving around one day. No skid marks, no other cars. Thing was like someone laid it on its roof. Doesnt versa mean like backwards or up is down lol. Should I drive rubber to the road or vise-versa lol.

i don't know what's more freaky the car upside down. or the lady reflecting off the side mirror.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #66
duffman

Drives: 67 firebird
wasent old enouth to drive at the time but my dad wanted to take us on a camping trip during the summer for a week. On the day we head home it just so happen to be raining and very windy. Well a tree fell over onto the road while we were driving by but the scary part was that it was only inches away from crushing the car and killing us. I must admit if my dad wasent going over the speed limit we may of been under a tree but he got a speeding ticket once we hit the highway ironicly.
duffman is offline   Reply With Quote